Thread: New Wonderful Experience

New Wonderful Experience

Yesterday I was out shopping,had to make a return to Goodwill, then on to the mall !
    It was about 1PM on a Tuesday afternoon. So as I wandered around the womens dept. in the first store I got some "odd" looks but never approached.
    I should have prefaced this with the faact I was in drab,currently have a full beard as well as long S/P hair in a ponytail. I have always taken pride in my appearance( I even iron "permanent press" . I was in a Blue button down shirt ,khaki's loafers and blue sport jacket.
    I went across the Mall to the Dress Barn. I was greeted by several women as I entered,felt really welcome. As I started to look around a young woman asked if was looking for anything particular. "I will know it when I see it" I answered. She laughed saying she knew what I meant ! Again more comfortable for me.
    As I shopped around I was aproache by othe SA's who were just as nice.
    I ended up discussing the merits and sizing of "spanx" . One even told me here size and that it is better to be too small than to be too big in spanx .
    I ended up with Spanx and nylons only. As the nicest and youngest SA rang up my purchases I asked," how do you feel about men trying on clothing ?" Of course ,no problem we will help you anytime.
    The Dress Barn has a new and very happy customer !

There is nothing better than a helpful salesperson to put you at ease and let you shop. I have gotten to the point where I just say I am looking for something for me.

Thats cool, I have yet to work up the courage to begin to shop for clothes….might start with some online stuff first.

I love Dress Barn ,never a bad experience and allways friendly and cheerfull. Even their web site has specials for on-line purchases only.

Bye-Bye Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I love Dress barn also. The SAs are always great. Their goal is to make you spend more than you intended, but in the nicest way possible. I think some of us should write to DB and tell them how happy we are.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I already did Steffi ! I do agree though that they should hear from more than one !

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O'neal View Post
    "I will know it when I see it"
    The PERFECT answer to scary SA questions!

I have sent them a message on their website to let them know about my satisfaction of their SA's and their accommodating of the CDing community and of course their merchandise. That was some time ago, maybe I'll just drop them a line again.

Bye-Bye Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I have no trouble with Ross either.
    The one near fisherman's wharf in San Francisco stand out for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I love shopping in drab. Nothing anyone says bothers me anymore. All those, "Do u think that will fit u"? And,"Oh, that will look so cute on u", comments and cracks r kinda fun. Because no one would ever imagine they really r for me!

SA's? They all could care less about anything I look at or buy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Maggie, You sound like you know what you are doing and do it very well.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Your reply, "I'll know it when I see it" was perfect! I'll have to remember that one

Yes Maggie when I'm browsing those sale racks and that dress or blouse or skirt leaps into my arms screaming "take me I'm yours!!"
    "Missed it by that much!"