Thread: Your thoughts on a outing

Smile Your thoughts on a outing

Hi there it's megan i have just go a quick question to ask you all. my mim and dad have come up with the idea of going out dressed as megan for a full day going to the shops having a coffee and having lunch the only time i have ever been out is at night to a club that was nerve wracking but can i have your opinions on if it wouold be a good idea thanks megan.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Megan,

I think if you stick to safe public venues you will be fine. You may endure a few stares (of course it will depend on how well you blend) but I have personally found that people at malls, busy shops and family restaurants are too busy with their own lives to worry about what others are doing.

Hugs

Isha

Megan,
    First let me say WELCOME to the site. we're glad that you're here. I hope that you enjoy this little group & join in the threads.
    I see that you've been with us about 4 months. I can only assume that you've been dressing for a lot longer.

To answer your question, A lot depends on how YOU feel about it. Are you comfortable with doing this? Without being confident in your presentation, this could be a mistake.
    Without a picture, we have no idea if you might be harassed by everyone on the street or if you can blend in without a problem. How will you react if you get some negative comments made to your face? Or worse? Do you have casual clothes that will be appropriate? Any flats? How's your voice? Daylight makeup is different - how does yours look in bright sunshine? Is the area that you'd be going to, accepting of this?

On the other hand, It could become the highlight of your life & it definitely will be a lot of fun, shopping & getting out as Megan.. Could give you a whole new perspective on life & a new direction Evidently your Mom & Dad believe you can do this or they wouldn't suggest it - so that says to me that you probably won't have much trouble.

Sorry if I can't give you a better answer but that's the best I can do with the information given.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.. And let us know how it goes..

Hugs, Connie Marie

Hi Megan

I assume they are going with you which will be a big help. You are less likely to get comments if your with someone else. I don't imagine they would have suggested it if they thought you would have any problems.

Most people in they daytime are too busy with there own lives to worry about you.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Megan,
    Being young and in the company of your mother and Father I see little problem.
    Your parents are a good judge on how you will present so go wit all their suggestions.
    I feel it will go well and those that notice are just going to think "unusual" and that is not too bad a reaction at all.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Slow down Connie, you are going to scare the hell out of Megan with all that wall of warnings.

If you are going out with your parents you should be fine, you sure are going to need to dress appropiate, but of course you should know this. I only went out at night twice, still closeted but I don't think you should be scared if you really want to go through with this.

I've done this many times, and enjoyed it immensely, but ...
    1) You may want to start a little slower & get used to it. What will you do about restrooms? Many places have single-occupant & sometimes unisex rooms, which is less scary. You might want to scout them out beforehand.
    2) Your parents suggested this? Very unusual situation. Do they intend to go along? Safety in numbers.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
    I've done this many times, and enjoyed it immensely, but ...
    1) You may want to start a little slower & get used to it. What will you do about restrooms? Many places have single-occupant & sometimes unisex rooms, which is less scary. You might want to scout them out beforehand.
    2) Your parents suggested this? Very unusual situation. Do they intend to go along? Safety in numbers.
    hi there thanks for your advice yes they are coming with me they are very supportive of me thankfully.

I'm old and ugly and I go out. Just do your best and be confident and I'm sure you'll be fine.

I often go out for Brunch and to the malls, beach, movies.
    Next Saturday is a busy mall trip as one of my friends wants to by a few new dresses.
    When people look at us, we just smile back
    People think I'm either crazy or just having fun, actually a bit of both I think

I've never been to a club dressed pretty
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 04-12-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

OOF! If your Mom and Dad are that understanding and comfortable with it, I'd say why the heck not. Enjoy!

I would say, "be flexible" and "be smart". Why not go slow, a drive, then a drive thru for lunch, a matinee movie--less crowded and you and Mom can have a restroom plan. I think it best to avoid places where large numbers of teen age boys hang out. Best advice--go where others have gone!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Sounds like a lovely idea. All so often we hide in the night life. Dress appropriately and have a great time.

Wait, you're mom and dad are really cool with this? Heck, go for it! I spent years closeted because I knew my folks wouldn't get me. I had a friend once say that the best idea was to feel confident enough to go shopping at Walmart or Target during the day, and to heck with what anyone else thought.

Megan,

If mom and dad are in, go for it. My suggestion is to choose a venue where there are a lot of people, pre-occupied with their own reason for being there. Shopping malls fit this category, but I am thinking something like an art museum or the zoo. These venues give you an opportunity to be seen and to observe others. This seems like a perfect opportunity to repeat Isha's experiment where you have your take on your encounters and your parents watch and listen to others about your encounter.

Whatever you choose, enjoy.

What a great opportunity!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

thankyou all for being so great and helpful. meg