Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any crossdressers/ transvestites you look up to?

Are there any crossdressers/ transvestites you look up to?

I have been trying to find some more tv/cd role models. One gurl that has been very helpful for me is cari christi. Her website is tgcari.com if you want to look at it. She is gorgeous and is very nice. I feel like I can relate to her on a level also.

One of my favorite blogs is The Linda Simpson New York Celebrity Drag Queen

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I look up to Jennifer and most all of the other gurls here as well.
    Erica

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea alot of the gals right here have been a huge inspiration in alot of different ways to me....i constantly learn from others on here if its in person or thru chat ...makeup, shoes, support...everything

Actually Isha from this site has been a huge inspiration. Outside of this site Jade Catherine Devlin has been a large inspiration. Her site is no longer active, but you can still find some cached versions if you look hard enough.

Jackie M, a local gal who is so beautiful that it is beyond belief.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Laura Jane Grace from the band Against Me. I give her so much credit for being the person she needs to be. Maybe one day ill have as much courage as her.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm not much of a hero worshiper. I'm so egotistical, I'm my own hero! There's a local drag queen named Madison Lane who walks, talks, and emulates the perfect woman so well, that I'd like to be her when I grow up! She's like a live Stepford wife. The only problem is that she's really a gay man, and most of her fabulous figure is foam padding, corseting, and silicone. Oh well.

Gone to live my life
    Sorry I just have to say it . . . anyone who is taller than 5'6"

Hugs

Isha

Outside of this site ... Enza Anderson, a Toronto Icon!
    Of course, each and every one of you here - all of you are an inspiration in your unique individual ways, offering great advice and support!
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Platinum Member
    Hi Julia, I am happy with that lady in the mirror.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There are so many girls on this forum that have been fountainheads of knowledge , experience & support . I look to this forum like a student preparing to go to class. The wealth of information to be learned & the friendships developed are intangibles beyond measure. Peace to all, mel

I look up to others for who they are as a person, not because they are "This, that or the other thing".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For me, it's mostly transsexuals.
    Christine Jorgensen - I first heard of here when I was about 10 years old. Prior to that I didn't think changing sex was even possible. It gave me hope.
    Kim Kristy - she-male and cross-dresser - she became a publisher of many of the earliest publications on transgender and transsexual life as a real possibility.
    For those of my generation, adult magazines were often the ONLY available source of information.
    Sulka - one of the first to make films as both pre-op and post-op - helping me to see what was (and wasn't) possible.
    Shannon - Also made films pre-op and post-op - helped doctors develop the earliest sensitive post-op clitoris - now considered standard procedure.

Rue Paul - True, she's a drag queen - but she took cross-dressing from New York and San Francisco to the rest of the country, producing movies and a television show.
    Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman - tried to be credible as women - a huge change from the "Milton Berle" style ugly lady who was obviously a man.

Katie Leone - writer and author of a number of wonderful books with transgender themes.
    Jill Davidson - physician and writer - one of the first to conduct empirical studies of the transgender community - and publish her findings in medical journals.
    Jill's more recent surveys have had 1 million respondents or more, and have radically changed the accepted practices of the American Psychology Association, the American Psychiatric Association, and the American Medical Association.

Cindi Jones - another author - here Squirrel Cage is an excellent presentation of the feelings of those who are transgender and transsexual. Autobiography

Tanya Allen - a number of great books on cross-dressing - great writing.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

I have no heroes, but there are many girls here and elsewhere who inspire me with their beauty and style, challenge me with their intellect and humour me with their wit. There's not single person I like best, but there are plenty whose threads and posts I don't skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Sorry I just have to say it . . . anyone who is taller than 5'6"
    But Isha - if we're talking MTF CDs and TVs, surely that could also be anyone who is taller than 5' 2" AND in 4" heels...

I must admit, I find it a little odd that there would be individuals we'd look to as role models for this somewhat individualistic thing we do... I think it's interesting and perhaps revealing that a number of folk have referenced gay drag queens who in other discussions here don't always get their CD/TV Union Card certified...

If I admire anyone in our community it's the folks who really have to deal with the TS/GD end of our condition - the ones for whom this isn't a part-time pursuit or discretionary desire... The way that some folk here have met their very personal life challenges with honesty, integrity and openness here amongst us, those are my role models for dealing with the bad things in life... I could do far worse than emulate them in my behaviour towards my fellow humans, regardless of how I happen to be dressed...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Dennis Rodman. He came out back in the nineties, one of the very first professional athletes to ever do so. After proving his worth on the court, he knew his professional capabilities far overshadowed anything he did off the court. Yes, it was towards the end of his career, but it made a huge impact on a lot of us: If you're really, really one of the best at what you do (and he was, defensively shutting down Magic Johnson, one of the greatest of all time, in the playoffs, Detroit should have thought of that sooner), people will overlook just about anything.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not really as I am 6' 2" in my stocking soles...........lol

I think tons of girl on this sight are great role models.
    I checked out that sight Cari , sure is sexy but the photos look overly retouched to me anyway.

Aspiring Member
    I have to say Grayson Perry. He not only cross-dresses openly, but he has received a number of major awards.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Charles.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3298707.stm

Here is an interview where he provides his thoughts on many topics:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G-2rgFLYzo

I believe that part of the reason why Grayson Perry is doing so well is his wife. His wife (Philippa Perry)is a noted psychotherapist.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn5NE9j7dXE

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Dennis Rodman. He came out back in the nineties
    He came out? He came out as a PR stunt. But you can still admire him, he did fit the transvestite definition
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Eddie Izard who I believe was way ahead of his time, we need an Eddie for this generation. Anyone willing to be themselves in private but especially in public (Nadine, Jennifer, Ashley, Kim, talking to you girls) and I love watching Ru Paul, I have discovered that most of the girls that make a living out of being Drag Queens have had a lot of obstacles in their lives and yet their are true to themselves and never give up. Not in the same category as a CDs but paraphrasing Ru Paul: " we are all born naked, the rest is drag"

Only if I am lying on the ground.

Sorry!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle V View Post
    Eddie Izard who I believe was way ahead of his time...
    Yes, definitely Eddie Izzard! I saw him in London during the tour in which he "came out," which was quite the experience. He walked out onto the black-draped stage in a LBD, hose, heels, nails, make-up, stepped into the spotlight on the mic and... just went into his act, to somewhat stunned surprise from the audience!!! LOL!

Within about 5mins everyone was wiping away the tears as Eddie got into his routine, and we just ignored the fact the he was a, "bloke in a dress," and still he didn't say anything about it.

Well, for the second act he walks out into the spotlight again, leans into the mic, opens his mouth to speak, waits half a beat, and then with a flourish asks, "Oh, d'you like the outfit?" at which point the whole audience blew the roof off the theater cheering and clapping!!!

Like I said, it was quite the experience! LOL!

And if you're interested, this is an amazing +2hr interview with Izzard on Kevin Pollaks show, in which he discusses coming out in such a public way, amongst other things - fast forward to the 00:17:30 point, which is when Eddie joins Pollak at the table.
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

No one in particular.. but I'm thankful for everyone who paved the way and made us visible as a group and community ... and basically made life easier for me.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/