Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So THIS just literally happened

Hope the advise wasn't bad! Waiting to hear the end result also...
    Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Ok, I just got a text from her and she says everything is ok and that she and her roommate are cool. Happy ending, I guess, girls!

thats good to hear

I am really glad to hear that.
    Last edited by Tami Monroe; 04-16-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Kate, one response referred to an experience with a GG but remember that on this Forum alone there are hundreds of stories every year of the Great Reveal to either a GF or a wife. And too often that wife finds out after years of marriage and probably with kids now to deal with --- you think that YOUR experience sucks?
    You're already half way home in that you received an initial support; however your roommate may still not have a clue about CDing and the great variations of practice. Same advice we give to shocked wives: have many sit-downs and spoon feed what you are about --- accepting and supporting first requires understanding and that's your mission --- so now you can burn this tape and get on with it
    Julie

Silver Member
    Years ago my roommate found out. He was out of town and gave a key to his girlfriend who came over to clean up things for when he got back. While he was out of town I got out all my stuff including my wig which was setting on a foam head. When he got back she told him all about it. I told him my new girlfriend was there. He didn't believe me and confirmed that the neighbors had seen me. Long story, but I moved.

Later we were working in the same location and remained friends. We were very good at what we did and eventually moved up and transferred to new assignments.

So a quick update for those who have shown such amazing interest and care for what happened. So my room mate and I haven't discussed it outside of him texting me yesterday to say we were still friends, but our interactions and conversations have been like normal and we watched tv in the living room. So still something that will have todos cuss eventually but glad our friendship seems fine. Thank you again everyone so much for keeping my back from the proverbial ledge when I wa in crisis

glad to hear about the normalcy and that you even posted,
    hope you all are doing well, but what about the third party,
    are things ok their too.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Good to hear !

This reminds me of a scene in "Tootsie" where Dustin Hoffman's roommate finds him dressed as Tootsie. "I begged you to go to therapy!" Hilarious movie. Maybe you and your roommate can watch it together. Traci

Good luck! I hope every goes (and has gone) well
    Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/kylieintights

And just to address the delay in response, I apologize for anyone I worried. I'm a graduate student and have a major career deciding presentation to give in two weeks so I was locked away all day working on it. Awkward enough start to te day as my roommate and I also work in the same lab. And I certainly hope I didn't catch anyone with any offense, I definitely was not trying to compare my experience to those who tell their wives or long term SOs (I have a negative experience in that arena unfortunately). For me the shock was that this reveal wasn't on my own term, which I know many ladies unfortunately experience. Again I can't express enough gratitude to all the sisters and friendly support offered

Seems like your roommate is cool about it, I bet staying busy helped a lot. Kate I guess there is no turning back, let your new life begin, congratulations.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Kate,

Thanks for the updates and I'm so glad everything worked out between you and your roommate. And good luck with your career presentation. I hope it all works out as planed.

Best wishes,
    Steve/Debbie
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Who knows kate, he might also cd and need your help or pointers. At the very least, perhaps you two could work out a schedule where you don't have to hide your cd tendencies while at home?

Best wishes to you.
    Jess

Kate,
    May I offer a small piece of advice? I had a good friend that was also caught like you. I suggested he go back home and plant two chairs in the room -FACING AWAY from each other. He was to tell his roommate he got to ask 5 questions. Pick them carefully.
    What this did was to open up communication and set a limit for departure if it got too uncomfortable. It didn't, and the question and answer period went on to the two of them turning their chairs around and finishing it in a normal good natured way (2 hours later). With boundaries being set etc. They remain good friends 8 years later.
    Even if you have talked somewhat, it may not have been faced head on. A lot of evasive talk.
    Give it a shot and good luck.

Add another concerned friend. Hope all is well!

I was sort of hoping that they talked all night and into the next morning, finding that some of them each met other's needs and passions, got to know each other better, fell in love together, got married and lived happily ever after. And that was always exciting too.
    Last edited by Ozark; 04-18-2014 at 12:44 AM.