Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So THIS just literally happened

Platinum Member
    Well, give him a call and talk it through. Ask if he would object to seeing your fully dressed and made up.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Just own it ,act like it was nothing and be proud..I wouldn't talk about it unless it's brought up life goes on..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Well, give him a call and talk it through. Ask if he would object to seeing your fully dressed and made up.
    ........and really what if he approves ..on some level - leave him with a good impression .... and talk to him .. openly ... the cats out of the bag ..................Debra

Katie,

I am so sorry it happened like this but it could turn into a good thing. I know at times it is hard to see the positive but do try. As for your friend being from the South I understand but have this to say: I was born and raised in the South with the majority of my live being in Georgia. We aren't all closed minded backwoods folk
    I really need to work on my signature...

I'm not sure how to say this, and for sure I understand where the posts come from , but despite how great my roommate has been I can't explain how much your support on this site has meant. Thank you everyone (I'm still hiding In my room)

Kate, are you still dressed or did you change? I am with the others in thinking you need to talk to him... take a deep breath...it isn't going to kill you... no one has ever actually died of embarrassment, honey...:-)

I hate to point out the obvious but at some point you will need to leave your room Sorry, I should not be making light of your situation but that is what I tend to do to myself when faced with a predicament. It sounds like your roommate is being very good about the whole thing so maybe you should go out and talk to him face to face. I know that is scary (well I would be scared in the same situation) but it is the only way you are going to get a true read on how he feels.

Hang in there Katie!

if he is there stop hiding, ask him to do something that was "normal" in your relationship, play video, go out and grab a beer, pick up a 6pk and offer him one, its as awkward as being caught playing with the Yankees now, and are you in Boston? so that would be awkward, it will pass in time the first few days will be hardest. he will say yes again eventually!

i know easy for me to say, but i did just reveal to my mate of 31 years this january.....hard two weeks we had
    welcome to the gorilla in the room...
    Last edited by mykell; 04-14-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: added
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    OK, put the phone down, undress, and talk to him. get it all out. Right now, he thinks you are gay and want to become a woman. that's what all the normals think. Tell your story, don't let him make up his own.

It's easy now. It happened. You'll be embarrassed and so will he. Start talking and stop texting.

Putting the phone down is easier said then done, I'd rather chat with you girls

Just think of all the things you can chat with us about after you talk to your roommate I for one am dying to know how the story unfolds

I think at this point just walk on out and say "hey I guess you know I am a part time cross dresser You probably have a ton of questions so let me explain" and then let happen whatever is going to happen Yea it could suck but my bet is it will all work out. A big weight lifted Good luck keep us posted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Get your behind out there while it is fresh and he appears understanding..

If you hide, you reinforce that you are doing something "wrong".

If you haven't undressed yet, don't. Go out there and talk to him.

He is your room-mate, not the Judge Of You. The commitment level is pretty damn low. So, your risk level is low.

Unless he is your landlord, he can't do anything worse than disapprove.

If he *IS* your landlord and kicks you out, then call a lawyer.

Things will be ok, dear.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

It happened to me once in school. No big deal. Just said I like to do that once in a while. No more questions, discussions, whatever. It is not their business.

Take it easy. It is going to be nothing.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

I am with Jennifer on this one. Put the phone down and change back into boy you. Once done go out and chat with your friend. He knows boy you more than girl you and will need this conversation coming from boy you as he needs to see you not Kate during the conversation. It may be difficult but it needs to be done sweetie, you can't hide in your room forever. He has put out his hand . . .take it and be the friend you always have.

Hugs

Isha

Hey girls, I know your all totally correct and my roommate has been absolutely supportive via text, but for some reason I still can't face him admitting I'm a crossdresser . Maybe this feeling makes sense to some of you , or maybe I'm stupid and not taking advantage of an ideal situation? Either way have I said how much this sucks? I really appreciate the support, really

I would suggest that you are freaked out because you were *discovered* instead of *revealed*.

What is the worst that could happen? Really, think about that.. what is the WORST that could happen? What is that going to cost you? Really...

It isn't going to kill you, it isn't going top wreck your life.

Go talk to your friend.

<3

- MM

*Breathe* hon.
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

We'll said Isha. Once you get some support from a friend, it takes you a step farther.
    Kristen
    "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK..."

I'm a lot older than you, and I've been caught many times. I suspect that the source of you embarrassment/bad feelings is your feeling that you're doing something bad or at least socially unacceptable.

You're not.

When I get caught I just act like absolutely nothing is wrong or even a little bit out of the ordinary. I don't confess or offer explanations. I let the other person ask the questions. And you know what? Nobody ever does ask any questions.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdkateinboston View Post
    Hey girls, I know your all totally correct and my roommate has been absolutely supportive via text, but for some reason I still can't face him admitting I'm a crossdresser .
    You don't have to face him and admit you're a crossdresser. He's seen you and he KNOWS. You're acting out of natural feelings of fear and embarassment. He has already shown to be highly supportive. He may be just cool with it. It's been said, the cat is out of the bag.

Instead of you explaining things to him why not meet him and invite him to do all the talking?

Ineke

The only reason in my mind that you should talk to him tonight is to control the out-flow of information. But, you could handle that via text messaging. "Please don't tell my secret to anyone." might be a wise thing to ask of him. Otherwise, you can see him tomorrow and both pretend it didn't happen until you are ready to speak. If that is you in your avatar, then you have a pretty good presentation. But, to be precise, what was your state of dress when he came in? Clothed, but no makeup is how I interpreted your earlier post. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    "Please don't tell my secret to anyone." might be a wise thing to ask of him.
    I'm sorry, I know my life circumstances are different than a lot of you.. but I just don't understand this.

Why hide now that he knows? Is what you are doing *wrong*?? Does it violate some law?

Friends are people who know your flaws and like you *anyway*.

<3

- MM

Banned Read only
    You can't hide from him forever, or even a day, probably. The shock is over. Now is the time for explanations. If he's a friend, he deserves it, face to face

Wow, I understand how you feel. My guess is that best is to get out and talk with your real friend, instead of with the one you are now imagining... Or you will not sleep tonight... My guess, by what you say about the text message, is that he is not too surprised and will be suportive...