Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just for fun and not to debate what number are you?

Just for fun and not to debate what number are you?

Ranges Of Behavior:

Within the TV/TS Community, there is a wide range of behavior. Doctor Harry Benjamin (as a pioneer in gender related problems in the early 1960's) designed a scale of behavior as a guide to treatment for the TV and TS. Its six positions represent the dressing and emotional preferences of his patients.

(0) Is the so called "straight" person who has no interest in becoming an actual crossdresser.

(1) Represents the person who is thinking of becoming a crossdresser or may have been one. There is no actual crossdressing, but the person is inclined in that direction.

(2) Is considered to be a "fetishist" who may wear an item or two of clothing from the opposite sex as a means of sexual arousal.

(3) Is considered by Doctor Benjamin to be the "true transvestite." However, there seem to be four distinct variations within that category.

(3A) Is the situational crossdresser who does not really get involved in cross-gender behavior of any type except for an occasion where he is required to wear clothing of the opposite sex for some specific reason. He does not have a compulsion to crossdress.

(3B) Is the partial transvestite. He has gone beyond the realm of fetishism but does not completely crossdress. This person does not generally appear in public as a crossdresser.

(3C) Is the occasional transvestite who does dress completely and does appear in public. However, the person appears to need some sort of sanctioned event to do so, such as Halloween, Mardi Gras, or a costume party.

(3D) Is the person who dresses as completely as possible and as often as possible, depending on the situation and personal lifestyle. This person appears in public.

(4) Is considered to be the "low-intensity or occasional transsexual." This person has an intermittent strong desire, or a constant low desire for gender reassignment surgery.

(5) Is considered to be the "moderate intensity transsexual."

(6) Is the "high intensity transsexual" who desperately seeks gender reassignment surgery. He may be suicidal if prospects for reassignment therapy do not appear promising.

(7) Has been added beyond Doctor Benjamin's scale to represent the post-operative transsexual who has completed gender reassignment surgery and is living as a member of the opposite sex. Many male to female transsexuals refer to themselves as "New Women" or "New Men."

I am 3-a
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Aspiring Member
    My H would be between 3B and 3C - he occasionally dresses completely but never in public.

Me, I'm boring old 0

I'm between 3C and 3D.

And Tink. Didn't you say you were a tom-boy, or maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else. A tom-boy is at least a 1, and maybe even a 3A or 3B, not just a 0.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

easy peasy...3D
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I'm a 3A-3C. Haven't dressed publicly yet, but I'd really love to so... Maybe I will do it this year, who knows.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Okay I will bite.

3D - except for dressing as often as possible. I generally only dress 2-4 times per month but I could do it mich more often if I wanted to.

3B with Ambitions of making it to 3D.

3d with a touch of 4

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I'm between 3C and 3D.

And Tink. Didn't you say you were a tom-boy, or maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else. A tom-boy is at least a 1, and maybe even a 3A or 3B, not just a 0.
    Ha, good point Steffi! I think I'm a 'wanna be' Tom boy. I always did prefer boys toys and games to boring girl stuff, and boys always made life look so much easier. I rocked the girl clothing though and don't have a masculine body type, so maybe I'm a 0.5

Between a 3b and 3c if that's possible

Nope. I don't fit on this scale at all. :/
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Aspiring Member
    A 3A.

Dress up for costume parties as a woman or female character occasionally.
    Last edited by Martha G; 04-14-2014 at 10:39 PM.

I would have to say 3C moving forward to 3D.

I'd say 3D... (2D would leave me flat ) *rimshot*.

Thank yew...will be here all weekend. Don't forget to tip your waiters...

But I can't say entirely that there hasn't been some wonder at HRT or such..dunno about the jump to surgery. (Seems to be a bit gapped list-wise...
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I'm just short of a 3D. The "often as possible" part is a really vague term. I don't feel then need to dress "as Often as possible." It's more of a urge that builds up and I feel softer when dolled up.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I'm going to crawl out on a nice narrow (pink) limb here and suggest there's
    some stuff missing and/or arranged incorrectly.

If i were being "classified"...according to this...it would be wrong.

Banned Read only
    The close that could fit on is between 1 and 0. 1 for being open to it, due to having more variety. I was curious when dressing at one point from boredem of the other side. Accepted recently that I can't get in to it, because it's mostly not convenient. Don't know my own sexuality, from the 0 bit.
    Last edited by Lygophilia; 04-14-2014 at 11:50 PM.

(3C) Is the occasional transvestite who does dress completely and does appear in public. However, the person appears to need some sort of sanctioned event to do so, such as Halloween, Mardi Gras, or a costume party.

(3D) Is the person who dresses as completely as possible and as often as possible, depending on the situation and personal lifestyle. This person appears in public.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I guess I'm a 3b since I do it often but generally not in public but have done it in public.

I am a 5 to 6, but up until 2013 I thought I was waivering between being a 2 or 3b. In 2010 I saw a documentary "Her Name Was Steven" and after watching I freaked out that if I don't stop cross-dressing I will end up TS and wanting to transition.

In late 2013 to early 2014 I went through a pseudo 3D stage where I dressed completely and as much as possible but only at home.

Now I don't mean to scare anyone because most CDs who are 1 to 3 will never end up being TS 4 to 7. However many TS 4 to 7 start off as CD 1 to 3.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 04-15-2014 at 12:18 AM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Banned Read only
    I'm a 6, unfortunately. (It really, really, really sucks, being a 6).

I am a 3D. I spend every day as a woman, just doing what needs to be done. If I am not going out, I will just put on foundation. The problem is, I only wear dresses. I am having a hard time finding casual dresses that fit me.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Since this is just for fun I'm adding a category. My reason is 3D is just not working for me and 4 is going to far. So...

(3E) This person dresses full time and has a mixed presentation of gendered clothing. They state their gender is a mix of both male and female. They do appear in public with this mixed presentation.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Definitely a solid 3D, going out two or three times a week.

Sanderlay's 3E would also work for me as most of my male wardrobe is actually from the female side of the aisle. I definitely present male, but this male has nice fingernails, colorful shirts, and pretty studs in his ears.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I know that there are supposed to be a few more qualifiers for each position within the Benjamin scale, anxiety levels, sexuality, gender identity, etc. Anyway, I'm always 'off the scale'. Based on these descriptions alone I'm a 3B unless "not completely crossdress" means that I do not go for the full package (I know it actually does and I know I do go for the full package) or a 3D minus the "often as possible", because I occasionally decide not to dress.

It's actually quite surprising to see so little 4's here, considering that's what I hear on this forum all the time.