Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Equality?

Banned Read only
    Never believed that equality existed. It's just a moral view. However, there is such a thing being less bias.

Platinum Member
    Hi Cheisten, In some places they are equal and more
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Women have a tendency to find their "Prince Charming", and put the fellow on a high pedestal. The fellow tends to find his "Princess"", and put her on a high pedestal. A bit like Price Charles and Diana did. But, when reality finally hits, and she sees that he is not so charming at times, He falls off the wobbly throne, and vice versa, she falls off her wobbly throne! We set each other up, to FAIL. I agree with poster who seemed to say, that it is not Equality, but equal respect and dignity. But, too many men and women refuse to better themselves, making harder to respect them.

From a biological point of view, women are much more important than men. One man can father thousands of children. A woman's reproductive capability is far more limited.

Personally, I believe that war is a man's job. We're expendable. Women aren't. (Actually, I would prefer that war was nobody's job. But I can't do anything about that.)

There is a youtube video called Equality with Daniel Craig and Dame Judy Dench

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC8Ls-5nRxM
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I wish he hadn't pulled of the wig & earrings in the first 10 seconds. I think it would have had more impact.

Thank you for sharing that!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Good Lord, equal? Why, then, would I identify with women, rather than men? It is not the same to me...

When I emulate a woman, I like to think that I am trying to take a step up, not a step down.

While men and women are not the same in many respects (and sometimes_miss did a great job describing those ways), Equality and Sameness are different things.
    I absolutely believe in equal opportunities and equal pay for both sexes. But I also believe in more categories than not (at least the ones that matter to me), women (on average) are better than men.

Of course equality works both ways. If I am ever in a burning building and am being rescued by a female firefighter, I damn well hope she has to pass the same test standards as the male firefighters and not an easier test.

As for some MTF crossdressers believing they are "better" women than many GGs, I don't know about that. Perhaps more "girly girl" than many GGs, yes I can agree with that. After all we want to accentuate our femininity. Personally I love vintage fashions such as stockings, garters, corsets, petticoats, and pencil dresses. All things many modern women have moved on from.

I would add, that fashions sure have become a bit more equal, but, I liked it better, when ladies' dress, was more unequal.

Banned Read only
    This isn't an easy question to answer because it depends on the context. It's something I've thought about quite a bit over the years.

When it comes to rights, I believe men and women are equals, or at least should be.

When it comes to biology, they aren't. I'm not saying that one is superior to the other, but that there are differences that no amount of legislation or "wishing it were so" will change. Some general examples:

1. Men have much greater physical strength than women, particularly when it comes to upper body strength.
    2. Women tend to have a greater tolerance for pain.
    3. Men can have a slightly wider range of color vision, seeing deeper into the red and blue ends of the visible spectrum. Men also are much more likely to be colorblind than women by a ratio of better than 10 to 1.
    4. Women can see more subtle color differences than men, meaning they can distinguish the differences between slightly different shades of color that men cannot.
    5. Due to the physical structure of their brains, specifically a larger corpus collosum which connects the two hemispheres of the brain, women tend to recover faster and to a greater extent from motor or intellectual deficits caused by strokes or other types of head trauma.
    6. Men tend to have slightly more sensitive hearing, but don't filter noise very well.
    7. Women's hearing has better filtering which means they can hear things better in noisy environments.
    8. Men have better circulation in their extremities, meaning they don't feel as cold in cooler temperatures compared to women.
    9. Women live longer.
    10. Men navigate by direction and distances.
    11. Women navigate by landmarks.
    12. Men can visualize three dimensionally better than women which ties in with their means of navigation.
    13. There are more MTF than FTM trans-people, at least according to a number of studies I've read. I've seen the ratios run the span from 1.4:1 to 2.1:1.

When it comes to intellectual issues, men and women are equal from what I've been able to determine. They can run the range of genius to imbecile in equal numbers.
    Last edited by Diane Edwards; 04-29-2014 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Completed some incomplete sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten1 View Post
    Men and women are equal BUT not the SAME!
    Occam's Razor strikes again! The best explanation is the most parsimonious.