Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clothes worn by fictional characters that you love

Clothes worn by fictional characters that you love

Do any of you long to wear a costume like you have seen worn by a classic character.

I always longed to wear the lovely blue dress with the puffy sleeves worn by Anne of Green Gables.

I would also happily put on pretty much any dress I saw in Pride and Predjudice. There were some lovely outfits in that.

Maybe I am taking this a step too far here, but I also have to admit to wanting to dress as either Snow White or Alice in Wonderland. Alice's cute little blue dress is something I would love to find myself wrapped up in!

Do you have any such oufits that you would just love to wear?

Yep anything Diana Rigg wore in the Avengers or one of 7 of 9s outfits

One word. ELVIRA
    Hugs,

Teddie

Oh, hows about Daisy Duke, Wonder Woman, and Josie and the Pussycats?

(obviously my 'fiction' comes from a different medium than yours...lol)

PS Belle in Beauty and the Beast looked pretty hot, too!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddie
    One word. ELVIRA
    I'm with you there. Elvira, Vampira, or Lily from the Munsters. I love all the vampiress clothes.
    Hail Satin!

Silver Member
    all of the above plus the outfit worn by Lara in Dr Zhivago---red satin ball gown with long black gloves---wore it in the scene when she publically slaps the face and humiliates the older man who betrayed Her. Love it really hot.

Aeryn

Aeryn Soon from the series Far Scape on SCIFI I could never pull the outfits off but they were great!

Julie Newmar's leather from Batman.

When I was growing up, I read a lot of super hero comics. The outfit I would have killed for was Saturn Girl's. Super Girl's was a distant 2nd.

Joyce

Hmmm....I'm torn between Glinda the witch in The Wizard of Oz and that little red number that Priscilla Presley was wearing in The Naked Gun. Or perhaps that summery dress that Scarlett had on in the beginning of Gone With the Wind. You know, the one she was wearing while abusing all the guys that were fawning all over her in the first scene?

But do you mean out of fiction, or out of anything fictional, like all the movies and TV shows everyone's mentioned so far (including me)? Because if you mean a nice outfit out of fiction, I'd have a tough time picking something due to the lack of a shared visual in a novel. We could all imagine fictional women wearing anything our imaginations interpret from the story and its descriptions.But if pinned down, I always imagined Charlotte, from Wuthering Heights wearing something stunning whenever she was around. No wonder Heathcliffe liked her. Is that a cheesy classical novel, or what?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Always wanted to wear one of those minidresses the girls wore on the Original Star Trek.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

How about that wonderful indigo blue gown worn by Catherine Zeta Jones in "Entrapment"? I'd love to have it!
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaK
    I'm with you there. Elvira, Vampira, or Lily from the Munsters. I love all the vampiress clothes.
    need us girls say more

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

Any of the gowns from Gone with the wind. Or any gowns that might have been in the closets of the Tara Plantation. I love the late 1700's and early 1800 gowns with the crynolins and petticoats etc. With the long curled hair in ringletts down to the mid of the back. Long white satin gloves and small lace fans in every Lady's hand. With power on your face and perfume on your hankie.

Haley

I always wanted to wear any of the outfits from the cartoon "Sailor Moon". I tried to go as one for halloween when I was younger but mom made me go as a power ranger instead.
    The key to my heart is a sexy pair of heels.

"She is everything to me
    The unrequited dream
    A song that no one sings
    The unattainable
    Shes a myth that I have to believe in
    All I need to make it real is one more reason"...SlipKnot

Any of the Sailor Scouts from Sailor Moon

When started to CD in my Teens the girly dresses that actress Hailey Mills wore in those 1960s films always gave me a buzz. Also of course the St Trinians Schoolgirl Uniforms.

I also vividly remember a British Television series about 1969-70 called "A Family at War". I can't remember the character's names but there was an adult daughter of about 25 who had been widowed by the War and lived with her parents, the central characters of the series which was set in Liverpoool in WW2. There was a scene where she was getting dressed in her bedroom and the viewer saw her in her bra and a nice big pair of white cotton briefs then putting on her slip, her skirt, blouse, stockings that an American sailor had given her held up by her suspender belt (garter belt in the USA). To me this was exceedingly erotic showing a woman slowly putting on the clothes I loved to wear! Striptease in reverse as it were.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

I got one :)

Hi everyone

I used to be a big fan of Punky Brewster (when I was 9 years old or thereabouts). She used to wear some really neat colored tights. In one episode she was asking her guardian to give her a job and she showed up in a cute little business suit with her hair done up. She looked so cute!

Hugs,
    Lisa
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member

Oh Yeah!

I to would love to waer those mini dresses they worn on the original trek i think you can still get them right here on the net there are sites that still carry those and the male shirts as well but yeah both are still great the dresses are neat and the shirts still ruke as well oh well Im with you on Trek!. Suzy!.

When I was a teen, really into fighting games, I fantasized about dressing up as chun li

\

Aspiring Member
    [QUOTE=HaleyPink2000][COLOR="Magenta"][I]Any of the gowns from Gone with the wind. Or any gowns that might have been in the closets of the Tara Plantation. I love the late 1700's and early 1800 gowns with the crynolins and petticoats etc.

the and wonder womans costum! complete with all her yummy curves...covered in baby oil so..... ooh never mind lol

Sometimes demure.... Anne Charlotte's Avatar

My dress obsession.....

The black satin corsetted dress worn by Meryl Streep in Lemony Snickets 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'...... Wish I had an Aunt like that !
    Live the high life.......wear 5 inch heels !!!

LOL Annie C

She was a real person but I just love some of the outfits that Queen Anne of England wore according to her portraits. Now there was a BBW!

Out of the Comics I always wanted to wear a Supergirl outfit and also used to envy Superman, Batman and Robin being able to quite openly wear what looked to me like girls' school knickers over their tights! Superman wore Maroon knickers, Batman Navy-Blue, and Robin Bottle-Green.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Helen MC; 01-14-2006 at 05:24 PM.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Wonder Woman... anything Lucy wore with Dezi.... Love that 50's look...
    Life's way to short to not live it up !!![SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    i did that ELVIRA look one year for halloween it took me a while to get all the peices together but loved how it came out...