Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how did your girlfriend find out? was she accepting at first?

One evening my wife and I were just talking about "normal" things and somehow I just told told her I like too crossdress. At first she didn't believe me so I went and got into my "stash" and put on a few things and showed her. Needless to say she was speechless. Then of course the questions started, how long had I been doing it, was I gay, and so on. After our initial talk she seemed ok with it. So the next day she took it upon herself to "educate" her by doing some research and she read the book "My Husband Wears My Clothes", I think that is what is was called. After that she had a better understanding of cross dressing. She has totally accepted me for who I am and I couldn't be more lucky to have her. About a week after telling her about my secret she asked me out if the blue if she could do my makeup because she wanted to see me fully dressed. She even came up with my "name" lol.

My wife: Gee I really like those shoes that are on sale, can I have them? Her answer was "if you get them you better wear them" PS I still have them but hey are too small now

My GF: I sent her a link to my website when she said she was coming out to visit me. Her reaction "Who is that?" I said me her answer "OK" The first time she came out and we went out (of the motel room...long story but you get it) she wanted me to be Lori and we went to a lesbian bar.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    Hi Scarlett, My Wife has known sense we got married over 50yrs. ago.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm one of the luckiest. Told my GF a couple of months into our relationship. To say she's embraced it whole heartedly is about right. She loves the fact she has a Boyfriend and Girlfriend rolled into one. Pretty much dress all the time at home. She loves to do my make up, pick out clothes and apply my nail varnish. Been together about 2 and a half years. She wouldn't object if I had a boob job.

I love her to bits. We can tell each other anything.

That is wonderful, Kathy!

Give that girl a big hug and a kiss. You are very lucky!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I told my girlfriend after about a year together. I did take the cowardly route and say it via text message because I was (and still am ) head over heels for her, and I was terrified of the prospect of a bad reaction. As it turned out, my fears weren't justified, because after a few minutes I got a reply: "are you serious?" ...after I explained that yes, I was serious, I got a phone call. She explained that she loved me, yes it was a little strange, no she had no idea, and that it was cool, but she didn't want to see me dressed. ...OK. ...fair enough. ...then I guess curiosity got the better of her, because two days of acting like the conversation never took place later; she asked for a picture of Jessica. A day after that she saw me dressed in person for the first time and even did my makeup!
    Now days, I pretty much get to dress en femme around her whenever I want to (and have the TIME. ugh), sometimes she even ASKS me to, though most of the time she just wants her man.
    I think that all worked out pretty well.

first girlfriend I told her a couple months in and she was somewhat curious about it, so I sent her a couple of pics. She thought I looked pretty nice,
    but didn't see me in real life until a bit later... That was fun She had me model some stuff, the first thing that I wore was a red velvet dress, then some other things that I had, (my fashion sense was even more out of date then than now :P) but she was apparently *very* impressed (thought the pics were no comparison... at all, also said that I kissed better as a girl than a guy... hmm... maybe 'cause I was more relaxed

current wife, was accepting initially (thought of it as if I was playing for laughs..), until I made the transition into husband... then NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!

very strange.... oh well... one never knows sometimes :P

Current GF i told on first date...she didnt bat an eye and actively encourages it (weve been together 1 year next week)

My current girlfriend was looking to date a crossdresser and that's how we met. I told my last girlfriend on our second date. She immediately perked up and said, "Does that mean we can go shopping?" I've told several friends, always with good results.

If you read through the forum, you will learn that hiding it almost always ends in trouble. Even if your SO is okay with crossdressing, she likely won't appreciate the lies or secrets.

In the past, I've dropped some hints in my dating profile: "Jack of all trades - I can fix your makeup or your car" Then I bring it up on the first or second date. I play the role of sales person and pitch it confidently, comfortably and positively. Their reactions aren't entirely under your control but you would be surprised how much your presentation can influence. If you act ashamed of it then they will likely feel ashamed of it too!

Not all of my friends/girlfriends are "into" it but they are all okay with it and respect that I'm good at it.

met my Wife in college - I went there (far from home) to be "me"...she thought I was a girl to start with but was really excited to find out I was a boy. She was the mega-horny type and I was laid back (a kidney med I was on was found many years later to be a T blocker) and if me crossdressing was what it took to turn me on, then by golly I was going to be crossdressed. So, encourage it, support it, embrace it?...oh yeah. If I wasn't at work or us with family we were two girls doing what ever we were doing.

I can answer this, because it just happened a week ago. My wife came into the room, locked the door behind her; looking very serious. I knew that it was something, so I'm thinking what. She sat down and asked some questions. Of course I'm thinking, "where is she going with this?" She finally came out and asked, "Are you a crossdresser?" She explained that I neglected to sign out of my email and saw an email. I was devastated. All I could do was cover my face and cry. I just knew her next statement would be, "I'm leaving." To my surprise, she was confronting me to let me know that it was ok and wanted to comfort me. She let me know that there are a lot of things that I could be doing, but cd'ing was no big deal. Fast forward to now (a week). We talk a lot about cding and clothes. Actually we talk about clothes a LOT . Our relationship gets better and better with each passing day. Something that I thought was going to definitely end my marriage, has actually strengthened it! I am one lucky man/woman!!!

I just told my wife a month ago and she was accepting. But so far she has not seen me dressed nor pics of me dressed. Hoping we can do that sometime, but I don't want to force the issue with her.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    By being honest upfront. If I hid this from any of them, what were they hiding from me?

My wife has no idea that i dress, my first wife didnt know either. I have a long time female friend who did tell me she thought i was bisexual, we talked about that on and off and finally i let on that i have strong female feelings which lead to me telling her i crossdress. she has been most accepting of it and we talk like gf's a lot. she has asked a lot of questions and i have been very honest with her, she is very supportive and finds my dressing to be very sensual. i have shared pics with her, getting advice and enjoying her compliments. i feel myself lucky that i have at least one person i can talk with face to face about who i am.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I told/showed my wife of twenty years some twenty-two years ago. Had to, being in the closet was destroying me mentally. My wife had all the usual questions, am I gay do I want to transition etc. In our case honesty worked. I can opening cross dress. Speaking from experience I would never expect your significant other to be turned on by your cross dressing.

A little hint, when shopping if you find something nice for yourself find something at least equally as nice for her.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I hooked up with an old female friend of 30 + years and told her before we started dating I was TG and that I crossdressed.
    She had all the usual questions and I answered them honestly and she has no problem with it at all.
    She is always bringing sale flyers for different stores and we look thru them and pick out the outfits we like.
    We went to ULTA last Sat and shopped for a while we got lotion and eyeliners etc.
    I got enthralled watching a lady get her eyebrows waxed LOL. The lady doing the waxing said may I help you? I said I'm fine I just watching.
    The others there in line gave me a funny look because I was actually interested.
    Best to just be honest when you have the talk if she stays fine if she runs off you don't want to be with her anyway.