Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Such a sweet visit!

Such a sweet visit!

Sorry it took me a few days to be able to stop and collect my thoughts. I have had the most emotional few days I can remember. I posted about flying home to see my daughters. I received so many kind wishes so I wanted to let veery one know how the trip is going.

First the flying pretty was successful. No issues at all checking bags or going through TSA! Everyone was polite and professional. I chatted with a girl ahead if me in line and before I knew it I was on the plane. When I landed I was a little nervous walking in the Louisville airport. A lady came up behind me and told me how much she liked my hair. It was perfect timing and I had a surge of confidence. My GG friend was waiting for me.

We then went and met my girls. I had planned on changing before they saw me but really had no time. They arrived right after we did. They knew I had something to tell them so had been a little anxious. They walked in and said wow! They were surprised but instantly reassuring. They asked several questions and were very warm and loving. They both said how sorry they were that I had felt forced to hide so long. I explained that I was transgendered and would not be taking any further steps for at least a year. I told them that their stepmother and I were struggling but working through this issue.

I can't tell you how proud I was of them. They were very happy that I was happy. After about 30 minutes they were finished with questions. They then went up and helped me unpack and picked out an outfit for me to wear to dinner. I had given them the option of being out with me en femme in public. They both said of course. We went to dinner and Walgreens in Louisville, Ky! It was wonderful! Both girls then asked if I would tell their mother, my first wife instead of them having to do it. I said ok I will tell her tonight if you like.

My ex wife came over after dinner. She came in an said well this is what you needed to tell the girls? Yes I said and please sit down. My daughter went out to the car and we talked alone. She was surprised at first but then said it made sense. She said I always thought you were effeminate even when we first started dating. I explained about how much I dressed and that I didn't know where it might end but no more changes for at least a year. She said as long as I supported the girls she had no problem with me. She asked if she could hug me and then left. I had faced one of my biggest fears! The ex wife who I had hidden this from all those years.

I know this seems beyond real but it just got better. Sunday I went shopping with my girls and my GG friend. What fun! Then we met my long time AA sponsor for dinner. He has known since this started but never actually saw me. He has been so loving and supporting. What a great night!

Yesterday my youngest daughter and I drove a few hours to my parents house. My mother knows that I dress but not really how far it has come. I did not go en femme. When we got there we set down with her and told her that I had let my daughters know and that it was more than just playing dress up. My daughter helped with the conversation. My mother was concerned but accepting. So later that day the three if us went shipping. My mother helped me pick out a new skirt and shoes. She saw me in a skirt for the first time when we went home. We later talked for hours late into the night.

As you can see it has been a monumental trip home. I cannot express what this has all meant to me. Please don't think there aren't big challenges in all this with many people. My mother and sister have asked me not to tell my step father. I of course agreed! I don't know how this will be a year from now but I know I will be truthful. My daughter texted me late after that first night and told me how proud she was of my strength and how much she had gained from me telling her about myself. It was the most beautiful thing she has ever said to me! Love all you girls here and thank you for being with me on this journey!

Hugs
    Suzanne
    Last edited by Suzanne F; 04-15-2014 at 10:08 PM.

suzanne, my heart leaps for you! i knew haw concerned you were for this whole trip and i am so glad it worked out the way it did. You obviously raised your girls right if they could respond the way they did. i know this is a huge release for you and your world will be a better place to live for you. I am proud of you and your choice.

My God, Suzanne, what a great and beautiful story! I am so happy for you! Thanks for sharing. We need to hear stories like this.
    Hugs

Sounds like the best possible result - you are surrounded with loving friends and family

Wow Suzanne! While reading your account I have to admit my heart jumped a bit when reading you met your children en femme before sharing the news they were expecting to receive. The fact you were met with understanding and acceptance is quite a testimonial to you as the parent you are and have been to them both. I am really happy for you!

Suzanne,
    Like everyone else I am so pleased for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    How wonderful for you, to be accepted and understood by many that you have touched in your life! May your continuing journey in discovering and presenting your feminine side be most pleasurable. Enjoy.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Suzanne,
    I'm sooooo happy for you and that everything went really well. You mentioned that you went to Walgreen's, thought you were going to switch to CVS after you're last Walgreen's experience, just kidding.
    Hope to see you soon and send my regards to your wife,
    R
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

You have climbed the mountain and one taller than Everest!

Platinum Member
    Suzanne, what an incredible journey you've taken over the past few days. I'm so happy that your coming out to daughters, mother and even your ex went so well. It seems you've found a tremendous base of support among your loved ones.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Fear is a crazy thing but you raised your children right. They proved it to you. I am so happy you are happy
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

That is a great accounting of a wonderful experience. I am so very happy for you I can't sit still.

Your daughters are incredible. They demonstrated their love and respect in so many different ways. As has been said by others, you raised them that way, and you reap the rewards.

Your ex, a person who has no compelling reason to be kind to you, and perhaps a few reasons to be unkind, accepted you. This tells me of the relationship you two had, and to one degree or another, still have.

Finally, your mother. A person raised in a different time and circumstance has accepted you. She has a heart of gold and loves you unconditionally.

All in all, your very happy story left me with a grin as big as any I've had, and a warm spot in my heart for your loving family.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Junior Member AnnabelleBethanie's Avatar
    It always makes me happy when I read these accounts and the outcome was a positive one. I'm so ahoy for you that it went so well!

Annabelle-Bethanie

Suzanna, super SUPER news... But did you still run in the 1/2 marathon ? If so , you probably floated to & across the finish line. Peace, mel

Suzanne, lovely story, I have tears of joy reading this, thank you for sharing.

Suzanne - that is super... I kept from reading this thread until I thought I needed to read a positive, uplifting, happy one - and I wasn't wrong.

I'm really happy for you and your family - as others have said, it speaks volumes of you as a person and how your entire family respond to you.

Fantastic..!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I second everyone's praise and congratulations. "My heart soars like a hawk."

Gone to live my life
    Hi Suzanne,

I am so happy for you sweetie! I know this has been an area of angst for you and now it is behind you. What a great and wonderful story.

Hugs

Isha

Suzanne, really very happy for you and your family. Difficult times ahead I'm sure, but you've got family who love you, who could ask for anything more.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Suzanne, As all the others have said I am so happy for you and you are surrounded by a very loving family

Hugs

Linda
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Thanks everyone for their kind words. I am now back in Louisville. I am gong for a run then getting cleaned up and dressed for the day ! Tonight I am speaking en femme at a 12 step meeting at the Glade House. My GG friend I am staying with works at this facility. It is a house for HIV positive people with substance abuse issues. There are clients there who are transgendered. I am a little nervous but excited! I am having the time of my life.
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Congratulations Suzanne; what a fantastic trip you're having! You are such an inspiration!!

Hugs,
    Jen

Platinum Member
    Hi Suzanne, That was really a wonderful story.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I am so Happy for you SuZanne !!! Wipes the tears from my eyes . It is wonderful hearing of your journey. Thank you for sharing it and may all your days be filled with smiles .

Suzanne I'm so happy this had a positive outcome for you. Just knowing you the little that I do, I believe it was the only way it could have. Your such a caring person, and you deserve to be treated the same in return.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!