Thread: Just how good?

Just how good?

Just how good are we when it comes to our transformation from guy to girl or whatever? I'm sure most have looked at the male vs female threads in the Picture Gallery. I've was looking them over again for quite awhile this morning. The transformations are nothing short of fantastic. Our ingenuity and imagineering is top notch. Amazing what a dress, some makeup and a wig can do along with unlimited artistic expression isn't it? As Cindy Crawford said once:" You'd look this good too with 5 hours of hair and makeup." Guess what? She was right.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

We shouldn't congratulate ourselves too much, but yes, members here are rather good at turning something masculine into something ... not so masculine

Yes Kate how very true.
    I had met with a sister several months ago. I was 'en drabbe' when we first met.
    She was intriqued that I was Carmen from the our forum. Said that we appeared as two completely different people and genders.

I guess that after all those years I'm doing something right.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Hey Kate great name by the way I kinda look at it as an art form or a skill to be able to transform... shape shifting. It takes time and many trails and many errors!
    I've said to myself over the years this doesn't come with a rule book or a sherpa guide of crossdressing LOL Makeup and dresses or not... we are all beautiful people... ox

Well, I spent a couple of hours with my nail techs last Friday before going out with the girls.

After I had gone home to change and get dolled up, I stopped back to the nail salon. I stepped through the door, and was not recognized for a couple of minutes. Recognition came when my nails were seen.

On the way out, I was told by one of the techs that I looked "gorgeous".

Sure fooled her, didn't I?
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Usually I imagine that we look better than we think we do. After all, we see all the flaws!

My wife measures my progress in the framework of "growing up as a girl". When Tina first arrived, knowing zilch about being a girl, my wife put her at "toddler" stage, able to put on some clothes (not all) and that was about it. Then I moved to "starting school" age, and so it went. This last stage is the hardest, where I have the physical tools, but now the emotional tools are a bit tougher to learn!

Platinum Member
    The question is how good does Cindy look without five hours of effort......I'd say pretty darn good.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I can go from a decent looking guy to one homely woman in an hour + flat. The funny thing in this is that I'm pleased with the results.

Banned Read only
    I am no longer patient nor satisfied with my hamfisted makeup techniques. I need a pro, or at least an advanced student every transformation time. That said, any artist is useless with an inferior canvas, and so my efforts are focused on preparation with exfoliation, shaving, buffing and moisturizing top priorities.

I'm still very much "in-training" when it comes to the whole transformation station

But I'm absolutely amazed by what some girls can do on here. You are my inspiration! x

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Just how good are we when it comes to our transformation from guy to girl or whatever?
    As Good as we want to be

Banned Read only
    Unless I am mistaken, most "full dressers" DO want to go out in the RW and "pass"? But there is a big difference between wanting to and actually doing it. I think it is pretty easy to "pass" inspection at this site in a small 2 dimensional image that many here likely view on just a cellphone or tablet. Another matter entirely to do it in the RW.

The BIG CATCH to all this and the Good News is that one does not need to pass in the RW and going out dressed worrying about it only makes folks more likely to be spotted. Just treat people right, no different than we would dressed as a man, and one is likely to never have a problem.

The P&V gallery is a good place when people can get constructive criticism.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, Never under estimate the ability of a Crossdresser.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Just treat people right, no different than we would dressed as a man, and one is likely to never have a problem.
    I totally agree with the above statement and that is what I try to do.

Now with that being said, I also think I must be doing something fairly right with my transformation. I still have plenty of room for improvement but just today Jules said she was watching people in Target around me and nobody was even double taking. Which is an improvement. While I am fine with being out and about and being seen as a dude in a dress, apparently that is not what some are seeing. I really think it has to do with my comfort level rather than my looks though. But hey whatever, I can't complain.

Kate you need five hours lots of makeup and lots of help and second opinions work too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    We shouldn't congratulate ourselves too much, but yes, members here are rather good at turning something masculine into something ... not so masculine
    Of all the things I employ in my transformation, the most effective tool and technique is camera and distance.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I've always been transsexual, but tried to "settle" for cross-dressing during my first marriage. When that marriage ended and I started going out as part of my RLE for transgender counseling, I made all of the mistakes. My skirts were too short, my tops were too tight, my wig was too long and curly, and I would have a 5 o-clock shadow in 3-4 hours even with commercial theatrical make-up. I also had trouble with my voice, because it was too high for a man, but too low for a woman, and I didn't know how to vary the pitch properly. Over time, I got better and became "passable", but I was still too sexy so I didn't blend in.

This time, when I started going out as Debbie again with the intent to transition, my wife agreed to coach me. She made me throw away all my "****ty clothes" (it was like an episode of "What Not to Wear"), and we started shopping together. Before long, I was dressing age and situation appropriate. I could walk through a shopping center as Debbie and even the teen-age girls didn't notice.

I had also waxed the hair off my face leaving very little dark hair, then I used laser (Tria and iLite) to get rid of the rest of the dark facial hair, along with tweezers for the problem areas. I also got an Android app to help me train my voice, and I had been singing in the choir, so my vocal chords were more flexible.

By the end of 6 months of living 120 hours a week as Debbie (everything but work and church), I was at the point where people just saw me as a middle-aged lady. When I started hormones, natural breasts, softening of the face, and a slight shift in my voice started making it even easier to pass. Now, with the exception of a very few people at church (the last place I started coming as Debbie), nearly everyone only sees a middle-aged lady. In fact, many are a bit surprised when I tell them I'm in my 50s because they think I'm in my early to mid 40s.

I still need to loose some more weight (size 18 these days), but even in casual mode, I tend to pass very well. The real test was when I had to go to Baton Rouge Louisiana. I had to pass as a woman or there was the risk of some more serious problems. As it was, I wasn't even noticed. Once in a while I will hear several girls giggling and wonder if I've been read, only to find out they weren't even looking in my general direction.

It is possible to pass, but it takes a LOT of practice, and it takes some good coaching from someone who wants us to look good as a woman. If you are blessed enough to have someone who is willing to give you that coaching, you know what a wonderful gift that is.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Hi.

So the compeitition stakes are pretty high here. he he......well i know many are very good at what they ... you can ,,,,,, achieve and how you look after,
    so yes i would compliment each one here on doing so well.and lovely looking,

For my self im better behind the camara taking the photo's, and that would be pretty neat to do,

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Of all the things I employ in my transformation, the most effective tool and technique is camera and distance.
    You need to add lighting (or lack of it). I've always felt that I'm "passable" at a distance and in dim lighting. And of course camera technique can work wonders.

Maybe Cindy looks even better, after 5 hours!? I look strikingly good, after only 20 minutes!