Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your first source when you started cross dressing

It all started with my mom's pantyhose when I was about 10....the rest is history.

Mum. She was not far short of my height, so her outfits fitted well. It probably also explains why I'm a girdle wearer to this day, just like she was.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

When I first started I went out to the stores and bought the clothes on my own.

For me it started with a pair of my mother's panties. A lacy pair. Then it went on from there.

My first tries were at my sister's expense...though I did try my Mom's Nylons...being 5 or meant I could pull them clear over my head!!
    Last edited by AKKaren; 04-20-2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: misspell
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

It was Mom's clothes, shoes, custome jewelry and makeup.

Early on it was my Mom's girdles and slips. Later it changed to "borrowing" dresses from my girl friend, later my so. As time passed I "liberated" items destined for the charity shop to start building up my stash.
    I now buy my own, most of the stuff originally destined for the charity shop has now finally made it there.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Mom's stuff (I don't have any sisters)

My first was Mom's stuff. But for me it was the late 50's. Playtex rubber griddles and gartered stockings...was heaven real silk stockings or non stretch nylon stockings some of them had back seams. It was heaven!
    Just a girl fronm Long Island, NY .... always looking to meet others from my area.

Mom's and grandma's long nightgowns got me started. Curious to see how they looked and felt. Ages 4-6. They were huge and hung on me, but the silky feel of the tricot felt wonderful...very girlie...this feeling has never left me. In the summer I would stay for periods at grandma's, and sometimes she would be at work and I'd have her full wardrobe to myself all day. Drawers full of lingerie and closets full of dresses and shoes. Must have been 8-10 by then, and most everything fit perfectly (she was small in size/stature). Looking back, I wonder if she knew or suspected, but never gave any clue if she did.

Bliss...

Kate
    Last edited by Kate's at home; 04-21-2014 at 06:52 AM.

The first time that I wore something feminine? That would be the shoes of my mom when I was 4 or something.

The first time that I actually fully cross-dressed... make-up, dress, heels.. the whole nine yards? When I was 19.. bought second-hand stuff with my own money.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

I had six sisters. Five of them older than me. We had a big box of their old clothes stored away in the attic. The clothing in that box was the basis of my first wardrobe. I spent many hours in that attic playing dress up when I was in my teens.
    -Audrey

Mine was from a neighbor gal that lived in the duplex next to me and we had a shared laundry, she had accidentally left a pair of her nice pink panties in the dryer. Still to this day I love the fit and feel of a nice fitting pair of panties. Some things will never change. Other items of dress have been from mail order sources, still a bit too shy to go and shop for clothes.

The first items I tried on were my mom's when I was 11 or 12. I don't remember a lot from that age but I definitely remember my first time crossdressing and I had actually gotten the idea from a daytime talk show. I don't remember which one but the topic was crossdressing and they had some scenes of a couple of guys who were getting dressed up then came out looking super glamorous and beautiful. I remember feeling surprised that boys could look so cute dressed as girls. Suddenly I wanted to try it. The next morning while in the bathroom I dug through the hamper and tried on one of my mom's bras and instantly liked it. When I was about 14 I grew out of my mom's clothes and didn't dress for a couple years. Then when I was 16 or 17 I went to the local wal-mart and bought some of my own (very nerve wrecking at the time). Funny story about that night! After spending nearly an hour pacing back and forth across the lingerie section trying to pick out a bra and panties with my eyes without appearing to be "shopping" for them (sneaky, I know :P) I finally spotted some and hustled through and grabbed them. Then the nerves struck again and I wound up standing in the men's section which was right across from the registers, I pretended to look at shirts so the items I had chosen were hidden, when suddenly I heard my name. A friend of mine was there, he just finished paying and came over to talk to me. I was freaking out, standing there talking to a friend while hiding a bra. After a minute or so he left and I quickly payed for my things and bolted out of there. What's funny was a week later I went to hang out with that friend and he mentioned that night and asked if I was high. To move past the subject I told him I was and we laughed and moved on. But still to this day, every once in a while when we hang out he'll be like "hey, remember that time I saw you at Wal-Mart and you were stoned out of your mind?!" But these days I buy all my own from the internet.

It was my sisters' clothes, mostly slips and knickers, and my aunt's clothes, which were mostly lovely long nightgowns and corsets.
    By the way, I notice that this type of thread asking about how and why you started cross dressing, is a hardy perennial. It comes around quite often in slightly different guises. I believe the reason for this may be that those early experiences were so intense and in their way, so life-changing, that one cannot help but reflect on them and talk about them. They certainly were for me. From the age of about 5 to early teens, my sexual exploration through dressing up in feminine clothes was so exciting and compelling that the memories I have are still very clear. It is as if I can feel the rush of excitement as I slipped on something new.
    What do others think?

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I started with my mom's slips, panties and girdles. At the time I was only about seven or eight. After the slips I graduated to wearing her dresses and heels. In those days, women wore hats. She had a closet shelf filled with hat boxes which kept me busy. I kinda miss the hats.

I used to be taken shopping with my aunt whom loves clothes and shoes and all things girly, and I developed an interest. I slept round a friends when I was younger and when I went for a shower his sisters tights, panties and bra were in the wash, so I tried them on and found a dress. Liked it for the few seconds I was dressed. Then went on to wear some of mums stuff, but they never fit properly. Then when I was older and would be round my aunts and be on my own, I would go through her wardrobe. Then I stopped for a while. Then when I started getting interested again, my gf just dragged me shopping and made me buy an outfit. It came from a mix of Charity shops and Primark.

Today my wardrobe is basically Charity Shop finds, Primark clothes, Ann Summers Bras and New Look shoes x

I started with my moms lingerie and heels, I also wore her spare pair of cat's eye frames from time to time. Her perscription was stronger than mine, so I didn't wear them far long stretches of time. Now I have a great many pairs of cat's eye frames, progressive & perscription sunglasses, mostly overseized.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hmm I first started by wearing one of my mothers bras that was in the laundry. I didn't really do it again for a while. I was cleaning up the attic for my room and I found a box of dresses, skirts, tops, shoes, stockings etc... I guess the previous owner had left them there. It was my private stash for a long time. The clothes were out of date but I didn't care. But this find did usher in full blown crossdressing for me.
    Last edited by Joanne108; 04-23-2014 at 06:47 PM.

My first CD memory was aged about 5 trying on a plastic christmas stocking, then from about 11 wearing mums heels until I out grew them and later her nylons.
    By the age of about 13 everything was tightly closed away inside my head as I followed the expected normal ??? alpha male route through the military.
    My first real source was when I got together with my wife and escaped from the communal accommodation. She was aware of my desire for silky underwear and heels early on and helped me buy my own, bearing in mind that this was back in the 70s before internet shopping made it all so easy.

older sister- she was/is petite- and had good taste and a fun sense for clothes. Thanks Sis!

I guess mom's things as alot of us was my start. I have allways had a yen so the softer side of things. I finally one day got the courage to purchase my oun things . As I sit here and think of that time,... it makes me smile. I enjoyed dressing then and now after 50 yrs...

Started with some of my mothers things. Then went to targets and walmarts to buy my own things.

For me it was Mom's stuff as it was all that was available. I was probably in 6th grade i guess and i read an Ann Landers article from a Mother expressing a concern about catching her young son in her lingerie masturbating... Well, I didnt even know what that meant, but for some reason it sounded erotic and fun to me so i tried it and loved the silky feeling on my skin and i quickly learned that if i rubbed certain places, wonderful feelings happened. A closet TV was born... I did get caught by Mom a cpl times and had to talk to Dad about it, but thats a story for another day...

Michelle