Thread: A sister in the family?

A sister in the family?

I have noticed many of us think we see other crossdressers out ALL the time. Maybe sometimes we do but most of us could go our whole lives without seeing another crossdresser. This could be no more than something like that. Or maybe there's a sister in the family.

My daughter in law took my granddaughters to visit her father, step mother and other grandparents. I was a topic of conversation all day long. "Why does he paint his nails? What would make a man want to paint his nails?" And many other variations of that same question. Having not received a satisfactory answer they kept coming back to this topic.

I don't know these people well. I see them occasionally for things like the girls birthdays. My impression of them and the stories I have heard suggest they are very conservative. I would not expect them to be at all understanding of alternative lifestyles. That they would grill her for an explanation is not surprising at all.

At some point the grandfather suggests "maybe he was born a man but with female hormones". That this gentleman could wrap his head around such a concept surprised me. That he could suggest it without being filled with judgement and scorn shocked me.

As I said I don't know this man that well. As frequently happens when you make a judgement about someone, I misjudged him. It seems very out of character though. I pondered this for sometime. Eventually I mention to my son how astounded I am that he could express such a though. My son also was surprised. He says his wife is equally flabbergasted. Suddenly I remembered hearing a story about this man. The family believes he's been having an affair for years. I had to ask about that story. Grandma knows but pretends she doesn't they say. Here is why they think he's having an affair.

For years there have been times when "it's Grandpa's time". Everyone had to leave the house for several hours. One day my son's mother in law arrived unannounced. When she came in she saw a woman with longish brown hair running towards the back of the house. Another time Grandma came out holding a tube of a Mac lipstick. She wanted to know who it belonged to. Eventually Uncle told Neice to say it was hers "covering for grandpas affair. My initial reaction was to laugh and say "He's not having an affair. He's one of my sisters.

The more I think about it the more I have to recognize that possibility. I can't imagine how a man kicks his wife out of the house to bring his mistress over but I can totally envision a couple in a DADT relationship having such an arrangement. I don't know how often I have read "my daughter dropped by" threads or "my wife found my lipstick". And I just can't get over how out of character that suggestion seems from him.

Maybe he's really just a prick cheating on his wife. Maybe he is a sister. I will never know and in the end it doesn't affect me one way or the other. If your out here my friend and recognize yourself in this story *waves*

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Rita,
    I don't relate to the story at all as I never came out to others in the family and never presented myself half and half either.
    Some do make life hard for themselves by believing they have the inalienable right to foist their lifestyle, whatever it may be, on others.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Grandpa View Post

At some point the grandfather suggests "maybe he was born a man but with female hormones". That this gentleman could wrap his head around such a concept surprised me. That he could suggest it without being filled with judgement and scorn shocked me.
    and really just shows that many people have no concept of science. If you were a male with female hormones you would look female with male genitalia and probably doubtful they would even know you were a man. In this lifestyle, I think we mostly understand the difference, so I would say he isn't a member of our "family" but someone who gets information from media. Now if he said "Maybe he was born a man but feels more like a woman"" it would be more likely. Also, I understand why he would not want to out himself, but as we know most TGs will just say nothing at all when the subject comes up.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lorileah I guess I too am woefully ignorant of the science. It seemed a good way for an uneducated person to describe it. /shrug. Probably I'm just trying to make a connection where one doesn't exist

Beverly I'm not sure about foisting my lifestyle on others. I see it more like just living my life. If my nails or choice of clothing makes others uncomfortable I don't see that as my problem. As of yet I haven't really made things harder on myself but I suppose it could reach that point. In the end I do have the inalienable right to live my life as I see fit.

Hug
    Rita
    Last edited by Princess Grandpa; 04-21-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Have to ask. Because some of your family know about you, is it worth a trip to see the other person privately for lunch, and reveal who you are to him and ask if he understands? Could go either way...he finally meets a kindred soul and finds great relief or, he goes off on how bad this is and you leave.

An interesting thought Laura. Honestly I doubt I will but I feel as if it's probably the right thing to do.

Hug
    Rita
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Grandpa View Post
    It seemed a good way for an uneducated person to describe it.
    It's a perfectly good way to describe it even if it doesn't follow the science exactly It is likely that this person hasn't been motivated to research the issue in detail.

Does this person show any other signs, such as smooth arms and legs? The incident with the MAC lipstick doesn't quite fit in, since Grandma wouldn't bring it up in front of others if she were in on the ruse.

It's ironic, but a cover story of his having an affair secretly known to his wife is brilliant for covering a closet CD practitioner. If everyone knows about the "affair" then there is no need to dig deeper
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Do you think maybe the other sister described it in this fashion as not to give himself up. If he made it sound as if had alot of insight he could be outed himself. I believe you just may be on to something.
    Erica

I agree that you should find an excuse to be alone with him so you can talk. I think you have an ally there.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I think you could be right, If the family is that conservative he will never let it out. The family would accept his affair over his being CD or TG because that is normal in there view like most of the world. They say we are not normal.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rita, A lot of people are scared of things that they don't understand.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Fascinating possibilities. The thing is that if he is one of us, somehow some people might conclude that it is somehow worse than being an adulterer. Imagine the twisted world that compels a wife to excuse or pretend ignorance of adultery as a way to cover up having a TG partner. Hopefully,the next generation will be wiser than the passing one.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Given the time period and some of the things that were done by medical professionals to CD's it's certainly seems plausible. However... I'm not sure I would want to dig too deep and disturb this possible cover story for what may have been going on for a very long time.

Thank you for sharing.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve