Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your first source when you started cross dressing

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Mom's bra drawer. Simple as that.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

From the girls on my block. We liked to play Barbies together and often traded Barbie clothes. Then the girls wanted to swap regular clothes. The girl whose house we were playing in usually had an extra dress - often one she hated, that she would let me wear. They were surprised that I actually looked very pretty, even with my buzz cut.

I did this for about 3 weeks, a few times a week, until one girl's mother, who was a religious fanatic, flipped out and made sure I couldn't play with any of the girls anymore. Then I had to switch to the dirty clothes hamper to get my mom's clothes. They didn't fit as well but it was the best I could do.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Trial and error!

hmm my first souce was my sisters school plaid skirt to which i still have today

My Mom's clothes...totally in secret...age was about 8. And that was 59 years ago, so there was not a lot of public acceptance of an 8 year old crossdresser!
    Hugs,
    Trisha

to continue...last time I dressed was today
    trish

no sisters so I started with my moms

The guy who molested me used to dress me up in his sister's clothes. We were both about the same size, despite her being three years older than I was. That lasted for about four years, then I started to out grow her and started borrowing my own sister's old clothing; sis grew to be six feet tall, so I had plenty of her 'hand me downs' available from all the out of fashion things she didn't want to wear anymore (as well as some that she did, I occasionally borrowed some of her active wardrobe).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My mom's pantyhose when I was 14 I guess. First took a washed pair, then eventually a box with two new ones she wouldn't miss. Tried on some shoes and bathing suits as well. Don't have a sister, and the rest wouldn't fit or wasn't pretty.

My source was Mom's clothes&I would enter her closet,after she left for work in the morning.I started trying on dresses&heels,
    added pantyhose,then began wearing skirts&a blouse&heels

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    OK...so this is the 3rd time a thread like this has been started....thats my cue........

My mother did sewing and alterations to help with income. No sisters and many times I was used as the dress form to hem when the skirt or dress was in my size.

It was back in the late 60's and I would often wear a panty girdle, bra stockings and slip along with heels during the hemming. She thought nothing of it, it was just a way to make money.

I started really liking it and would stay in the lingerie a little to long after the fitting was over which did not go unnoticed. Soon after my mother got a dress form from a second hand store and I was out of a job.
    Last edited by Diedre; 04-19-2014 at 06:07 AM. Reason: double wording

My first femme clothing actually came from a neighbor. When I was a kid, 6 or 7, we had a swimming pool in our yard so all the neighborhood kids would come swim. Well one afternoon after swimming, I went to take a bath, and there was my neighbor 's one piece bathing suite hanging in the shower. It was still dipping wet and I decide to try it on, needless to say I think that was the longest bath I have ever taken! !

~Ash

I started by wearing my Moms clothes at age 7 or 8. That's when I put on my first pair of tan pantyhose and have been hooked ever since

Hi.

Not quite for dressing of cause, yet.....

what was known in my language, the local supply dept comonly known as the DUMP....oh yes we made a few bob from there our 3 kids and i would be there quite often getting steel brass and any goode's that were ... well you know left hanging around....so rags were handy so we stuff them in a bag or 3 .

Well surprise surprise quess what dress's skirts tops and lots more, hmmm..... rag's, well these were expensive looking rags till i got to them all one size too small, though oh well back in the sack , yes i used a few, and keeped 5 sets ,

years later .

I thought wonder hmmm..... okay fitting time ... what. they fit.....yes well a few times for a giggle and that was that.

i knew one day id wear more than those, about 15 years later. as i said i was not a dresser. and it never bothered me if i wore female clothes or not, A Kilt yes just we did not have our Clan's colours i know what it is now of cause, so maybe one day ill get my Kilt fit for a woman.

Oh our kids , they helped me find more clothes ..... you know for...... ya the sack.

...noeleena...

What started it? Curiosity. I grew up in the age of the miniskirt when dropping a pencil could be rewarded with a glorious show of nylon and maybe a little lace. Tnen having a mother and a sister just a year younger who threw their under things into a common hamper even heightened the curiousity. Then one day, I put on a pair of beautiful sheer nylon brief panties - I think the brand was Pam. After that, all things nylon and lace were fair game. Antron III is fantastic.
    Last edited by Lacey New; 04-19-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Aspiring Member
    My sister's glorious petticoat first. Later mom's slips and pettipants.

When I was in my late teens I came across a bag of old lingerie (girdles, bras, panties) in my great aunts house after she had moved out and tried some on out of curiousity. It felt good but didn't really fit. A few years later I started buying my own stuff--usually at discount stores.

Mom's clothes when I was 13

Mom's when I was young--felt so guilty it spoiled the pleasure. As a young adult pantyhose --many times--from small stores and outlets. THEN when I decided to go head to toe, I purchased the big blonde showgirl wig using the phone and ordering from mass mailed catalog. I could not have been more nervous if I was robbing a bank. The operator almost laughed and told me, "I sell wigs to men all the time". That really, really helped. It was so exciting ordering my first items of lingerie and clothing. Some of the sales associates were more professional than others. The worst was some young male "smart A . . ".

My earliest experiences of where I got things from were when I discovered I loved the feel of silk and satin. this was in the mid sixties when such materials were of really good quality. The 2 things which stand out are a pair of really feminine pink silk satin pyjamas of my sisters and my mother's silk headscarves (every woman had a collection of these and would often be seen wearing them). Later on I used a fantastic frilly silky apron of my mother's purely for its superb feel. I also remember playing with a girl neighbour who was about my age at her house. Her favourite game was playing hairdresser with me always having to be her client. Although she never actually cut my hair I had to "suffer" lol the indignity of having to sit in a chair with 2 of her mother' silkiest headscarves round me used as hairdressing capes. The feelings were wonderful, never to be forgotten. After she had taken out my curlers she would put one of her mother's prettiest waist aprons round me tied in a neat bow under my chin. My mother was an accomplished dressmaker who would often make dresses and blouses for many of the family. I can remember her using tricel and rayon often and that these materials gave me so much pleasure when I played with the offcuts and leftover material. This has formed much of my preferences for adult life such as anything silky and feminine as well as a passion for ladies hairdressing salons. Sorry for going off subject a bit and for length of post but couldn't resist the detail. Hope it was of interest to some.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My wife said, "lets see if it fits"! That one "it" is all of hers I wore in those early days. The rest was purchased for Tina. Since then we have exchanged an item or two.

Aspiring Member
    I was very very young when I started trying on my sisters pantyhose. I still remember how they felt on my then much smaller leggs.

I also had access to some of Moms things when I got a bit older, things that were stored away that she didn't wear anymore. Things like vintage nylon stockings and OBG's. Soon I had grown too large to fit into those things and I took a couple of decades off from crossdressing.

Sources of information back then, as to how to wear these items, was the Sears and Roebuck, and JCPenny Catalog!

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    I was dressed by older sisters but have no memory of it before age 5, even tho there are pics of me.
    First item was at age 5 when I took a younger sisters sweater to try on.
    At 12 I bought my own bra & panty at Penny's after a sister's "suggestion".

My mother's swimsuit and lipstick. One look in the mirror and I knew things were going to be different for me…

For the full story, go HERE.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!