Thread: "I like you better as Claire"

Wink "I like you better as Claire"

Sue and I are back in Arlington on work-related stuff, and I'm getting the chance to dress as much as I can. Thursday night she had a business dinner, so I called a long-time GG friend of ours to see if we could get together for a GNO. We had a wonderful dinner that lasted for what seemed hours -- lots of talk, girl-wise and otherwise. At one point Gisele said "You know, I really like you better as Claire. You are more talkative and a better listener. And you are easier to talk to,"

This is not the first time a GG friend has told me that. Have others had the same experience?

"I like you better as Claire". So do I!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I wish but none of my GG friends know about Jill.

my wife says the same thing

Claire , what a great compliment from your gg friend! Yes, it is so much more peaceful being / living en femme. How great it must be to travel with your wife where you can enjoy your girl time with friends & with your wife. . Sister, you are living the good life... You deserve it . Peace, mel

Silver Member
    Many of my friends that know my "femme side" prefer her, as she is more relaxed, easy to listen & talk with, and "always has great ideas for fashion". Some have stated "she" should be here more often - perhaps continually! Enjoy.

Women tend to be more guarded with guys. If they see another woman they are less likely to be.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would suggest that this crosses over into other 'girl mode' conversations. Behavior changes based on dress and environment

I used to run my own business. I often worked from home. If I stayed in my jammies, I didn't get nearly as much done as I would if I dressed as if I was going to a client's site.

When I have a skirt on I *feel* different. Those of you who go all the way into girldom.. you MUST feel different when in that mode. I would think it pretty much impossible to feel like your guy self when all dolled up.

We also change behaviors depending on our audience. Around the family? I act this way. Around friends? I act that way. It is unconscious.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Gone to live my life
    With the glaringly obvious difference of clothing, make-up and a wig, my GG friends have commented they really don't notice a difference in my personality "en femme" or "en boy". We have the same level of conversation, same rapport but then again I have known these ladies for years so I doubt my personality would change. Meeting a woman for the first time, I may alter my personality to be more receptive to what they are saying so I can get a sense of who they are before I launch myself into conversation. However I do the same thing "en boy" regardless of the gender I am talking to. My wife has not noticed a difference in personality except I tend to be a bit more happier when dressed than not.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Not exactly those words, but one GG friend remarked that I really was just like one of the girls...I genuinely appreciated that.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Those that know both sides of me seem to talk to me about things that they would not talk about to other males whether I'm dressed or not.
    Then again even those that don't know Nikki seem to open up a little more also. I have one friend who does know about Nikki now, before she knew she said I had a feminine "aura", but not gay or effeminate. Even her dog who is unfriendly to males warmed up to me right away which surprised her.

My GF has commented a couple times that I am a lot more open and talkative now that I am out to her but it doesn't have to do with if I am dressed.
    I really need to work on my signature...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenelle View Post
    I am a lot more open and talkative now that I am out to her but it doesn't have to do with if I am dressed.
    I would think that is because you don't feel like you have to show your partner only part of yourself.

<3

- MM
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Hi,

i know we are more free to talk more because we have a closer friendship more open and we talk about any thing,Theres a very big difference for myself being female ,

yes i did and still talk about cars trucks part of my job and work related issues, farming and other details with men maybe a bit about family or our groups just not as open with men .

one reason being i dont relate with men in the same way i do with women hey i try with men , yet its just not the same.

Ill give men thier due they try to understand us and i dont blame them if they dont get us,
    so really its the same for myself I dont understand men and wont say i do, I tryed and of cause failed.
    I surpose in many ways our interaction and just little body changes we show each other when we are talking even when men are around they wont pick up on it, we do have our own langauge just not allways in words ,part of our difference,

And in some case's we have to use it ,

i wonder though heres one for you men will you talk with other men about your body issues , or would you be more comfortable talking with us or myself ,

i know the other night i rang a band member to see if he was coming to our practice night and he was quite free in telling me about an issue he has and a bit more in detail ,would you prefer a man to talk to quite intimintly or a woman..may be we have more understanding and more empathy and can work with that. in a way that you prefer .not all women of cause,

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by noeleena View Post
    i wonder though heres one for you men will you talk with other men about your body issues , or would you be more comfortable talking with us or myself
    In any conversation, professional or personal, you feel comfortable when you get that the other person understands you.

I have guy friends that I would never talk to about these kinds of topics. I have other guy friends who know everything (in embarrassing detail) about me.

I believe it is about trust more than it is about gender.

- MM

My wife has said, to my surprise, that she likes my personality much better as Valerie...

A few weeks back we were both a little stressed with work and we were a bit snappy at each other. She thought the best thing would be for her to go out shopping, she came back a few hours later and threw me a new dress and asked me to get Maria, she is a much more calm and easy to talk to. Well the good thing was I got a beautiful new dress out of it.

This happened to me a lot when I was young and single, I liked it and I do miss that type of interaction these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for the responses. Maybe they will help those just starting to come out, or are going public. It's interesting that there does seem to be a common thread here. It really is special when GG's appreciate our softer side. I really wish that more of our wives and girl friends could, but sadly many can't.

Much as I would like to incorporate Claire into my whole personality, I'm not there yet .. maybe I'm a bit more empathetic and considerate of Sue's needs (and I give her flowers more often.) But I never forget that she needs her husband too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillian Faith View Post
    I wish but none of my GG friends know about Jill.
    Umm ... maybe some of them should??

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa in SE Tn View Post
    Claire , what a great compliment from your gg friend! Yes, it is so much more peaceful being / living en femme. How great it must be to travel with your wife where you can enjoy your girl time with friends & with your wife. . Sister, you are living the good life... You deserve it . Peace, mel
    Melissa, I cherish my GG friends who have accepted Claire and I am so fortunate to have Sue. I really appreciate your comment -- here's to more of us living the good life!

Quote Originally Posted by Chari View Post
    Many of my friends that know my "femme side" prefer her, as she is more relaxed, easy to listen & talk with, and "always has great ideas for fashion". Some have stated "she" should be here more often - perhaps continually! Enjoy.
    Here's to "more often" and "enjoying"!

Quote Originally Posted by noeleena View Post
    i wonder though heres one for you men will you talk with other men about your body issues , or would you be more comfortable talking with us or myself ,
    ...noeleena...
    Noleena, that is a very interesting point. I rarely have talked with men about "body issues", yet Claire has had a number of conversations with GG's where they have discussed them. I feel honored that they would take me into their confidence that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    This happened to me a lot when I was young and single, I liked it and I do miss that type of interaction these days.
    So I don't mind interacting with other old gals!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    For us it's functional. For example, my male self can't be in the same room as a click flick, but Tina enjoys them (weird, huh?). So if my wife wants company with a chick flick she invites Tina for the evening!

I hope each of my gendered selves has endearing qualities. .....just maybe not the same ones.

Banned Read only
    I get the impression that lots of people from my former life like "Scott" better than "Paula". I guess that's not surprising - they knew him a lot longer. I think they have a harder time relating to me now, because my day to day experiences are very different from most people they know, and a lot of the things that used to interest me, just really don't anymore. Change is hard for everyone.

Nobody knows me both as Michelle and as my male self (I will not disclose my male name), so I have no way to tell if anyone likes me better as a man or as a woman. It's not uncommon to hear people liking our female selves better than our male selves. But like Paula said, sometimes people who knew us as male like the male better simply because that's what is comfortable and known. Sometimes people may like our male and female selves the same. I get the feeling that people sense something feminine about me, like that feminine aura like Nikki A said, but I won't know for sure until I start coming out to people and they see me as Michelle for the first time. I do sense that females feel safe around me, so I tend to socialize with females much more than the average man.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Platinum Member
    Hi Claire That sounds wonderful .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!