Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Straight and getting hit on when out dressed?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Straight and getting hit on when out dressed?

One of the fortunate side effects of being a homely, wrinkly, old man in a dress or a masked one, is I rarely have to worry about guys or other CD/T's hitting on me.

While dancing in Vegas at the Paris our last nite, there were quite a few Tgirls on the floor. A drunk guy kept taking turns dancing with our prettier girls. As I came onto floor one time, I began dancing then turned around to find him rite in front of me. As soon as he saw my face, off he went!

I wondered what those of u who dress and go out do to either avoid getting hit on or effecting an escape when u r?

Your experiences may help other cd.com members!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I avoid these 'gentlemen", not that I am on the receiving of much of the kind of attention that you mention Sherry ! When I do receive compliments from gentlemen who are not a friend of mine beforehead I must just their eyesight.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    It worse when your not sure if they know your not a GG, and try and just ignore and avoid them which makes them think your playing hard to get... Ahh can't win.

I just deal with them when they become obnoxious. Otherwise, I continue what I had been doing and basically ignore them or limit my responses to one word answers until they get the message. So far it has worked just fine for me.

It happens once in a while. I politely, but firmly tell them I am not interested and my wife would kick their ass. Works every time.

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    I was at the Folsom Street Fair a couple of years ago and was standing outside a bar having a beer watching one of the bands across the way when this leather guy stands next to me, puts his arm around me and asks how I'm enjoying the Fair.

I tried not to flinch TOO much - LOL! - and said I was having a great time, then with a flourish indicated my outfit and said, "Sorry mate, Male Lesbian!" He whipped his arm back and started apologizing, I was like, "No biggie," we chatted for a few more minutes about the days events, he gave me a heads-up about a couple of after Fair parties and we went our separate ways.

I got hit on a few more times throughout the day but nothing that direct, which, I have to admit surprised me, I thought it was common knowledge that the vast majority of male CD-ers are actually straight... a case of "Hope Springs Eternal" perhaps?
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

Sherry,
    I thought you were going to grizzle about admirers when I read the heading...

I would take advantage of the situation, give him a big lipstick smack on the cheek and send him on his way, probably more sober than he started.

In other words.....
    Like you.....
    Get on with it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You know me, it's not really something I have to deal with often. There have been a few instances however. Mostly they have been easily discouraged. A couple of times I had to get firm regarding my lack of interest. Once I had to threaten to get security.

Hope Vegas was fun!
    Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

This never seems to be a problem for me. Perhaps it's because I'm over six feet tall in stockings, a BBTG, and don't suffer fools?
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Yep, it happens, Sherry. Guys try to pick up women.

Guys will start conversations with you, they will interrupt conversations you are having with other women. Guys seem to think it is O.K. to touch you, sometimes nicely with just a hand on your back when they open a door for you, sometimes not so nicely. Lots of variations on the theme.

It is the way that male-female friendships and romances start and, who knows, some of them could be nice guys who you could become friends with if you care to.

I feel sorry for them. It does take a certain amount of courage to approach, even if they are being more personal or aggressive than I would like. So if they're just chatting and I feel like it, I'll chat with them. Why not. But if I'm not feeling like it, or if they are seriously looking for more, I try to be as polite as possible in shutting them down. "You're very flattering, but no thanks," that sort of thing.

From there we go to my pointing out my rings, that I'm happily married.

Still not hearing me? I get a bit less diplomatic, I figure he's worn out his welcome and deserves a stronger rebuff. A very firm "No," or just getting up and heading somewhere else.

GG's do these things all the time, it is part of finding the keepers and discarding the losers. Sorta like poker with guys instead of cards.

Hugs,
    Persephone .
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm an equal opportunity flirt. I think guys are fine. Hell, way down deep I'm one too. We all mean well, we're just trying to find love at best and get laid as a minimum. Why be rude? Play along, chat them up a little. You just might find we're all pretty much alike. If they get too close for comfort, just wiggle your hips and explain that you're "just not THAT kind of girl". Quit trying to be so damn macho!

I usually just enjoy it RS and go with the flow and the moment. I figure if a 66 year old geezer gets hit on by younger guys I must be doing something right. I usually at least get a couple of free drinks anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I simply say "oh my,if i wasn't a lesbian I could be interested"

If the attention is given in a nice way then it's flattering.
    If it's extreme and coarse then it's just like any other time.

I'll take well intentioned compliments anytime they are given and by anyone.
    Now...if it would only happen...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I was recently hit on and I politely declined to dance with him a couple of times. It also helps to know the bartender who was glad to tell him to leave me alone..The bartender along with my girl friend and her friends help a lot in those cases..

Most here are straight, hon.

Just be thankful that someone likes you enough to ask!

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

First, I have only been out to a club a little. I was hit on that night, and I am quite sure he knew exactly who and what I am. I was flattered to know all the work I do to try and look decent apparently worked...
    I also know how hard it is for some guys to work up the courage... You know? So I tried to be nice. He was very shy. I felt a little sorry for him, honestly. I felt like dancing so I even danced with him. But I made it clear it was just dancing. It was fun.
    I had to gently put him off at the end of the night. I was going home to my wife and had no interest in anything else. But it was fine. I was flattered.
    It can also help if another girl is with you. You can run interference for each other...tee hee. If one is getting hit on, the other one simply picks the right moment to whisper in the guys ear that the girl he is interested in is already taken.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha rogers View Post
    ... I was flattered to know all the work I do to try and look decent apparently worked...
    OK Sammie, to play the devil's advocate here, what makes you think any work you did "worked?" This is a guy hitting on another guy. Would you be less flattered if he hit on you when you had no makeup on and no wig?

When it happens to me a polite gentle decline usually works. I did have to get a bit forceful with one guy who seemed to think my backside was his for the touching. That rebuttal included a suggestion his fingers would be feeling the touch of a nurse if he didn't quit.

I also encountered in a local pub a guy who has a thing for T folk. Fortunately one of the regulars knew of his reputation and forewarned me. Every time he glance in my direction I just scowled or looked away. That was enough to deter him. On other occasions I've seen the same game be a bit more successful with T girls who ignored similar warnings and ended up being groped from head to toe, such was the tactic of this guy.

At the end of the day there's all kinds of folk in this world and it takes all sorts...

Actually, Jennifer, it has. I spent most of my life in theatres, as an actor. I have lots of good friends who are gay. They know I am not. No problem. But occasionally, as so many theatre people are gay, and there is a constant churning of casts with different shows, someone who didnt know would hit on me. And, yes, it is flattering, and I would say so nicely, right as I was also telling them, kindly, that I was straight, and not interested. Never hurt me to be nice about it, you know? I don't have any problem knowing another person thinks I look good, regardless of their gender. Believe me, at my age I will take a compliment anywhere I can get it...tee hee.
    I think some guys get threatened somehow by a gay advance. It never bothered me and I never had any problem putting them off. I figure it takes a lot of courage for anyone to put themself on the line, and rejection is hard for everyone. I just try to do it nicely.
    Last edited by samantha rogers; 04-22-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Banned Read only
    Excellent! And I hope you took no offense as none was intended. I just find it funny that when hit on, we cross dressers tend to think it means that somehow we have achieved passability when it's clear that the man wants another man! We are a funny lot.

Silver Member
    Men don't find me particularly attractive (probably because I am so large), so I suppose I am lucky in that department. I find the whole experience uncomfortable and threatening, especially being dressed. I'd feel like a cat who is cornered and has their fur standing on edge, giving the "back off or else" vibe.

Maybe it is because I am such a henpecked man, but seriously, I can't believe the way some men act in front of women they don't even know. Especially the unwanted touching thing, I mean, in this day and age... seriously?

I agree with you Samantha. Someone politely hitting on someone else, as in showing interest in getting to know them better, is fine with me and even flattering. All my life, I was basically the one trying to get to know someone else. having the tables turned for whatever reason, is OK by me, as long as they behave themselves. The negativity here sometimes comes from one's own homophobia, as in that strong aversion to be even thought of possibly being gay.

As for you Samantha, you are attractive and have a great smile, which many times is stronger than actually looking good.

PS: Actually Jennifer, I think that it is not so much as thinking that we may be passable, but rather thinking that we are attractive enough as a woman. or a guy in woman's clothes. I doubt that many are fooled by our clothing, wig, makeup and forms. Though, I have had a rare few that were so fooled. That was a very nice indirect compliment to me where none was intended.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 04-22-2014 at 12:54 PM.

I am polite about it if they are, I have been lucky that I have friends who are understanding and would go out with me. Now that i'm back out in the midwest it's harder to find friendly places to go. Since I have started to tell more of my close lifetime friends that live out here they have gone so far as to say they will go out with me if i go out to where they live. My friends live in the larger city out here in Nebraska and there are a few clubs there that are friendly to cd's, i feel really lucky to have good friends who accept me for me and want to go out with me even if i'm all dressed up for a night on the town.

No offense taken, Jennifer, but I might argue your point to a degree. In a club full of CD and TG girls, having a guy single out you in particular, I think, does mean you are doing something right, doesn't it? LOL
    Last edited by samantha rogers; 04-22-2014 at 01:03 PM.