Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survey (success with coming out to SO)

I'm an A3. I came out to my my wife after I proposed and she said yes. She thought it was a little strange at first,but she accepted me for who I am . We have been married for 34 years. (I had to do the math LOL). I am sitting here dressed watching TV and typing this on my laptop. She is sitting in the next chair over using her laptop. Normal evening.

I am:

A 3

B 3

I am and I think I'll always be a B1

A3
    B3

I'm very lucky too!

Banned Read only

1st wife, totally cool, even with sex dressed. 2nd wife, panties at first, then nighties, but nothing else. 3rd wife, panties, then nighties, then panties only, the rest DADT and cannot understand at all.

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    I've never hidden my cross-dressing, so in the past I've had a mixture of A1 & A3, and in my current relationship, my girlfriend is also a member on this forum, we're a VERY happy B3!
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

I never came out to any of my previous wives, or family. I came out to my current wife last May and she is accepting, except she does not want to see it. However, she wants me to be happy and do whatever I need to do to be happy myself. I can't ask for more.

with wife A3 after being together maybe 5-6 years, married 27 years total together 35
    With GF A3 before we physically met and she went out with "me" when she moved to Denver.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-20-2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: recalculated...I am getting old
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

A 3 and B 3 for me. I really went about it in a slow manner and always asked if she "liked" it for me. Now she's so comfortable with my female persona that I can pick just about anything.

I'm a GG. My SO came out to me the first week we were dating. I already had strong feelings for him (we had known each other for a few years), so I did not want to let him go. I wanted to make it work. We've had our ups and downs, but everything is OK now. My SO can express herself whenever s/he wants to and we go out in public together, albeit not too often lately. My SO's schedule has been crazy.

Edit - it's remarkable how many A3/B3s there are. Whoever said that most wives will either put their foot down and say no, or end their relationships.

I also believe that if the relationship is good, the crossdressing won't end it. Not if both people are genuinely interested in meeting in the middle.
    Last edited by ReineD; 04-21-2014 at 01:44 AM.
    Reine

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    A-3 B-3 For me, 17 years married and going strong. I am lucky indeed. She even helps me with shopping and makeup. I didn't come out till about 3 years ago but she was not surprised and everything is cool. I just wish more wives were as accepting for those who have to hide.

A3, B3 I suppose.

I've known my wife since we were kids and I came out to her during a mutually drunken night of confessions long before we rekindled our relationship as adults. So she was well aware long before we tied the knot. The only thing that does bug her is when I get too self-conscious and start freaking out about those mysterious creatures known as strangers and what they might think of me.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

A2 & B2 for me.
    Working on and hopping things get better....

A.2 My gf didn't get it, but after we both researched we are happy and she is my strongest support and gets frustrated that I want to go out, but can't. So she's gone from running away, to dragging me along.

B.3

When I came out to my wife it strained the marriage but has not ended it. Over time, the struggle has gotten to be easier, although is still there at times.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

2 and 2
    Is that sufficient?

A2
    B2

Still difficult, but we're working on it.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

A2. I do think this could have been handled better by myself. I was found out verses being honest with my spouse of 20 years at the time.
    B2+. DADT officially, but we do joke around about my "curious habit" occasionally. She has given me some clothing items that she doesn't want anymore, and that is a positive I suppose.

This all being said, I wish I had found this site before being found out. I would have been much better prepared about how I feel and been better able to articulate my feelings to my spouse.

A3 and B3 here also. It never ceases to surprise me. What a blessing!

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    A3 and ;we go out all the time as 2 girlfriends, dinner, movies shopping. Can't get more accepting than that.

A3B3 Known my wife 50 yrs, married 46yrs. She found out after 12 yrs of marriage and her reaction was 'that explains a lot, I'll help'. She still does, I dress at home and we have several weekends away yearly at TV meetings. A great mutual interest in women's clothes helps.

2B or not 2B?

But seriously...

A: 2
    B: 3

Married 13 years, came out 11 years ago. Our relationship was very strained at first, but now its stronger than ever and my wife is very supportive, bless her heart.

My Responses
    A #3
    B #3

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

It was great at first...

B : 2

She used to come out with me back when I would get together with friends for an outing.... Not so much lately... I don't spend any time around her in femme mode... She doesn't hate it, but accepts it. Doesn't stop her from throwing it in my face sometimes when we argue (it's one of her favorite cards to play, even if it has nothing to do with the argument)... Oh well. I still get to dress pretty much whenever I want.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr