Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has this Forum Changed you?

When I joined 7 years ago, I thought I was just some kind of weird pervert. Now I'm sure of it and that's OK.

Aspiring Member
    The forum is a Godsend. I certainly would not be as "into" CD if I was not here. Sometimes that may be a bad thing, as reading some of the stuff here gives you this rose-colored viewpoint surrounding at times a very misunderstood subject/behavior pattern. But all in all I've come here in some of my darkest times, and left with renewed hope. Nothing makes me feel more "normal" than strolling thru the boy to girl picture section.

Then I realize wow, all these guys do this too. Just regular guys.

It has changed me in that I feel like I have a new place where I am accepted (maybe not understood, but absolutely accepted).

It also helped me understand more about the differences between CD/TS/TG people in a way I hadn't before.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

congrats on the engagement, had my reveal earlier and then proposed to renew our vows on our 25 anniversary,

hard to say if it changed me, it has however made me aware of me, things that i never knew were possible here,
    dialog, camaraderie, virtual friends, understanding GGs, it was like a dream at first, like another mentioned i was shaking when writing my first post.

i may not agree with everything done here but understanding it and learning about it is invaluable, and when i had accepted that i was indeed gay and accepting that i come in and learn that i an just dual-gendered and that we are all over the spectrum.

the mods are exceptional at what they do here, kick our butts when needed and keep the place running smooth, so i think that is why the GGs feel comfortable here as well, with private sections that we can talk, FAB section and GM sections that allow SOs to be on the same forum, with a little space for some privacy.

so all these thing come to play and make this place comfortable and that allows us to be at ease and share amongst ourselves which leads to our greater understanding and support for all things and all areas of the TG spectrum, i have learned much, i am who i am, i know who others are, and support whenever i can.
    when possible i always try to welcome others here when they are new and remember how awkward it was for me in the beginning, so maybe i changed, iv learned everyone has their burden to carry and normal is different for each and everyone of us, so i try to be nicer to folks....

Happy anniversary Kae
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

The mods here are aggressive beasts.. but that is what is needed to protect the 'youngest' ones. While I find it irritating sometimes, I get it.

We who are Pan/Bi/Gay don't fit the majority here, but we do fit.

Most here are straight.. which part of me finds really hard to wrap my head around. I'm a girl/boy in a boy's body who likes boys & girls. There was a time in my life I was an 'honorary lesbian'.. but that isn't what happens to most here.

"Different but not strange"

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

The forum has been a great asset. First it gave me conviction that I was not alone or a deviant. It has allowed me to express my feelings, try to expand my expression of my female side and has lead to to meeting some really great friends. Not a day goes by that I don't visit this site, often many times a day.

Sure it has changed me! Sometimes I feel like this place has aged me almost a decade . . .

All kidding aside, this forum was an immense help when I needed it the most. It showed me that there were others like me out there, and most of them were pretty good people to know, people to be proud of knowing. It helped show me that I was a long way from being alone . . .

I have only been a member a very short time and this site has helped me so much. I shake every time I post and I try to post and reply to others as much as possible. I have been away from dressing for a long time (my SO found some of my bras and things) and it caused a big problem between us. Since then I have only worn thongs and gstrings nearly all of the time and im sure that she knows that I still want to dress. I have a new bra, forms and 4" heels and looking to get more. I hope that with the help of others on this site that I will be able to dress at least at home without hiding.
    ​Jamey

One girl that I met on this site was the firsr CD that I met FtF, in public, in a gay restaurant.

When I first started going to a therapist, she worked with me to make a list of green light, yellow light and red light behaviors. Green, I ahd done or would do. Yellow that I might do, and red that I definately wouldn't do. Well, I found that list recently, and I've done most of the yellow light behaviors and I'm well into redlight territory.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hello Kae,

First, congrats on your upcoming wedding.

I've made some positive changes along the lines of accepting myself better. In particular, some of us use CDing as an escape. That is my primary reason. If a future GF decides to be mischievous along this line, she may get a sentimental reaction.

This site has also provided a lot of support just by reading the threads. Further, it has provided information on how to achieve a more feminine body shape by various means.

I don't see myself going beyond prosthetics and ear piercing. Hormones, FFS, BA and SRS are not in the cards for me.

Indeed! The forum gave me the push I needed, and the support, and confidence. That was then. I'm out of the nest, and flying around fine these days, and, I hate to admit it, but--I've come to depend much less on this forum----which is a GOOD thing! Not to say I don't still like to check in, and I usually find something helpful--and hopefully, maybe I can offer some help.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

If I had not come to this forum I would probably not have flown pretty just recently. This forum has provided me some real good advice. Also by joining this group I have found a real good chat friend, and we plan on meeting in person soon.

Certainly some change. I read for some time before deciding that I sometimes had a point to contribute. From then onwards it felt like another layer of "okay ness" had settled on me. I cannot see specific changes domestically in my dressing, degree or frequency, and my wife is no more or less happy about what I desire to do. The journey of accepting myself started a long time ago and this is another step.

Great thread Greenie. Evolution is change I suppose. But, it's always who we are and what we are always meant to be. This forum has and is helping me with the evolution of me accepting myself. I still like all the things I used to like, still dress the same (as a guy) still have the same political view points etc etc etc.

I for one enjoy your honesty and that of every GG who will speak of any difficulties. Ok, enjoy might not be the right word lol, but that sometimes brutal honesty is what is needed for me to help keep my own marriage intact and keep it strong.

I am a member here primarily for two reasons. 1st, simply because it helps me feel not alone. That in itself is such a pleasant feeling, having always felt so alone with my femininity as a guy. Secondly I am here and focus primarily on the loved ones section and any thread that has to do with relationships and marriage. How to navigate these often rough waters to keep my marriage going and moving in the right direction.

Thought I would also like to add that I too at times sometimes can get uncomfortable with certain things I read. Not all of it applies to me, and sometimes even the things that do can be scary. Overall though this forum has helped me very much., Helped me to navigate through the rough patches, and have a greater understanding of myself and of how my wife feels about it, her fears, and how to work through compromises and agreements.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

This forum has made my shameful lifestyle acceptable, knowing how normal the people on this forum are enforces the fact that there is nothing wrong with me. I have struggle with who I am for 42 years, my wife has been a Godsend, she has helped me to accept myself as I am and has made many if not all of my anguishes I have dealt with all my life vanish. Like many here on this forum I used to hit rock bottom all the time, by that I mean, there were many times when despite having a perfect life (thanks to my wife and children) suicide was an idea that was constantly in my mind.

When I came out to my wife, or I should say, when she found me out, I actually laughed while we where having "the conversation". I was so relief and so sure of our love I knew she would accept me for who I truly am. When I told her about this site and she was ok with it I began to grow even more thanks to the advise and the stories from members of this forum.

Yes this forum has changed me, I see older pictures of Michelle and think they are actually humorous compared to the more recent pictures, not because I believe I make a more attractive woman but because I see the improvement on my hair, makeup, posture and overall attitude towards Michelle, I not only accept Michelle now, I want her to continue growing, I want to continue to learn and apply all the advise given by the people that know how it is to be a little bit different, people like me just finding themselves. So to all the people behind the curtain and to other members a big thanks for the time, effort and support provided.
    Last edited by Michelle V; 04-23-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Yes, it has changed me. And not in a good way. The more stories I read, the more I am certain of just how bad the situation is for us. The number of women who might be interested in dating us is a horrendously miniscule percentage of the general population, so much so, that random dating isn't ever likely to find anyone compatible with any of us. Sure, once in a while some guy will 'win the lottery' and write it up here, celebrating his joy and his incredible luck, but the rest of us can only look on, and wish 'what if'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    The number of women who might be interested in dating us is a horrendously miniscule percentage of the general population, so much so, that random dating isn't ever likely to find anyone compatible with any of us.
    On the other hand since there is a surplus of older women, the odds increase, but you have to quit looking for the gorgeous sexy 20 something and look at women who are in your age bracket and quit looking for someone to sleep with and start looking for someone to BE with. Random dating has never been a good way to meet someone, you need to focus on things you have in common. So many people today base their romance on physical to start with. Lots of women out there would give you a chance if you looked where they are and if you actually proved yourself to be datable. Number 1 thing...quit talking about yourself and try learning about her
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    I feel like and I am a relative newbie to this place compared with others, so mine is a very fresh perspective...

How has it helped? Principally with self-acceptance; realising that I am so not alone in my own peculiar skew with this thing we do; opening my eyes to the need and benefit of reading more about what constitutes TG conditions and how that applies to me; an understanding that I probably am TG which both amazes and scares me simultaneously... but self-awareness is all good, isn't it?

Katey x
    This is an excellent point, Katey. I'm brand-new registered here, but I've been reading posts for a long time, and knowing someone else is sharing the same excitement, confusion, shame, elation, or whatever, was a huge relief for me. It's quite a valuable resource.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Yes, it has changed me. And not in a good way. The more stories I read, the more I am certain of just how bad the situation is for us. The number of women who might be interested in dating us is a horrendously miniscule percentage of the general population, so much so, that random dating isn't ever likely to find anyone compatible with any of us.
    I'm going to have to agree with Lorileah on this, and also point out that I think one of the problems with our attempts at romance is that all too often, I think we look for the wrong women. A lot of us, being raised, living as apparently heterosexual males assume that our correct match is heterosexual female. Now there are some straight girls who can tolerate, and indeed some who really enjoy CDs. (I've spoken with some on this very forum.) But I think that they are indeed rare. I think many of us here are much better off looking for bisexual or pansexual women - they'll tend to have a MUCH easier time accepting someone who's transgender. Likewise, some trans women I know are cool with being with a CD. (Although by no means all!)

You need to be open, honest, up-front about who and what you are, and open to a relationship. It will certainly involve taking some risks, and being vulnerable. And it probably will require YOU to be flexible in who you date as well. (After all - you are asking for this flexibility with regards to your CDing from your potential partners.)

I really do believe though that just about all of us can find love. It's knowing where to look for it, and who to seek it from, that are the really big hurdles.

Banned Read only
    Greenie yes the forum has changed me, the roller coaster life couldn't go on, it wasn't fair to me and it wasn't fair to my family. I've had words of encouragement from members and some harsh but truthful words but all have helped. I have been able to talk things through with my wife and achieve a balance through workable ground rules and have moved along the tolerance-acceptance road. I'm sure there will be set backs but with the help so many kind members I know I can get through it.

Yes it has. When I first came across this forum, I was nervous about putting my first post. I was so nervous. Now I am more relaxed and comfortable with things. I've learned a lot about myself, and come to accept it all. I know I share so many feelings and desires with a lot of other people on this earth. That is so comforting. To know there are people in this world that will understand and accept your essence is a calming thought.

This is the first forum ive joined that deals with crossdressing,probably the last too as this place has everything i need,help, advice and friendliness x

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    ...I think one of the problems with our attempts at romance is that all too often, I think we look for the wrong women. A lot of us, being raised, living as apparently heterosexual males assume that our correct match is heterosexual female. Now there are some straight girls who can tolerate, and indeed some who really enjoy CDs. (I've spoken with some on this very forum.) But I think that they are indeed rare. I think many of us here are much better off looking for bisexual or pansexual women - they'll tend to have a MUCH easier time accepting someone who's transgender. Likewise, some trans women I know are cool with being with a CD. (Although by no means all!)

You need to be open, honest, up-front about who and what you are, and open to a relationship. It will certainly involve taking some risks, and being vulnerable. And it probably will require YOU to be flexible in who you date as well. (After all - you are asking for this flexibility with regards to your CDing from your potential partners.)

I really do believe though that just about all of us can find love. It's knowing where to look for it, and who to seek it from, that are the really big hurdles.
    I agree with PaulaQ. I have analyzed things over the years, and it seems a good match for me would be a fem transgender. I can totally see myself starting a long term relationship with one some day. I like the way they look. Might as well get to know them and treat them as the woman they wish to be. Of course, the right GG would be cool too.

No..... I was this wacky before I joined.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Greenie. Changed me? Not directly. Changed my outlook and confidence? Absolutely, and those things probably have, in turn, changed me. When I joined a couple of years ago i couldn't imagine what it would take to walk down a street or through a mall, let alone interact with people, while dressed as a woman. So many people shared their experiences in the outside world that i gained some confidence. But when I saw how many members were out and about with only minimal issues (someone doing a doubletake or making an odd comment). I know that much worse things can happen, but those are why you have to be careful. With the confidence to go out, along with my learning a few things about how women are different in terms of their person to person interaction and approach (from the site and observation), I'm much less panicked when I go out. (Not always but most of the time). And, I feel that the site and my being out and about have combined to teach me more about how women think and feel.