Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I like real pic avatars

This says more about me than any picture. I love it. Ruby

This is the real me.
    Last edited by Andrea Renea; 05-16-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Real avatar photos are awesome, but beware of what you put on the internet because, as other posters have noted, photos are searchable. I feel that using photoshop to make the photos LOOK the way you FEEL is valid art.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Hi All

Check out my new profile pic if you're interested in seeing what a drag artist can achieve if they lay they're hands on you.

I certainly couldn't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki50/50 View Post
    Some insight. I myself got called out by someone who recognized me from a pic, even dressed with makeup, wig (before my hair grew out), etc...
    My response was, itself; a question:
    "...and why were YOU on that website?"
    The reply to that was stammering and stuttering, case closed.
    In short, I side with posting the real pics. Be you, and let it show. Here you are among friends.
    Nikki50/50 . I totally agreed with you . I like to see real pics too . If I get call out by someone then my question to that person what are you doing at this site .

I understand why a lot of people prefer real pictures and avatars, but in my case I'm paranoid of the internet. I feel safe and comfortable in this online community, enough to post real information about myself, and I've even opened up about stuff here that I've never told anyone else. But there's a limit to how comfortable I am online, and I'm simply not comfortable with showing you all what I look like. I applaud those of you who are comfortable or brave enough to do so, but I'm not.
    However, there is another reason why I have the avatar I do. It's symbolic of a decision I've made, and who I really am. For those unfamiliar with my avatar, it is a picture of Ranma. Both people in that picture are the same person. It's from an old anime called Ranma 1/2. The titular character, Ranma is "cursed" so that when he comes in contact with cold water he becomes a girl, and when he touches hot water, he becomes a boy. For me, I've decided that I want to embrace both my masculine and feminine sides. I am both Adyson and Adam. I want to walk the middle line and be able to cross back and forth whenever I want. Some days I prefer being a guy. Others I prefer to present as female. Other days I'm androgynous. If I put up a picture of myself, I'd have to change it every day for it to feel right.
    Last edited by Saikotsu; 05-15-2014 at 04:57 PM.

I agree,no one would recognize any of us when we are dressed in such a tiny pic.....

I just discovered this site a couple of days ago, registered yesterday, and this is my first "post". I would add my avatar but I can't get into "My Profile" yet to add it. Will add one when allowed.

All of that to say, real photos if you can manage an attractive one. However, as some of you have said, you're doing the rest of us a favor by not putting up your photo. Thanks. In that case I understand using other than a photo.

You can't blame someone for keeping their identity/picture private, if they are a casual crossdresser, often closeted, why risk any possibility of exposure?
    However if you don't fear this then it is nice to see a picture, so you can relate to that person.
    I like seeing a picture as it humanizes the person, but I get it if there is no pic.

Personally I like seeing real pictures for the people posting. I feel it helps you understand the person posting better. I can also understand the people that don't use a picture for fear of being discovered/outed and I don't have a problem with that either. The thing that does bother me, and I don't understand is the people that talk about how they always go out, and the ones that say how well they pass whenever they go out, yet they have a picture that is not them. To me this makes it seem like they are hiding something and makes me want to question anything that they are saying. My avatar/pictures are me, I'm proud of who I am and not afraid to show it. Maybe my view is skewed since outside of work I live my life as Paula and my plans are to transition and I'm currently working on a plan on how I'm going to accomplish this. Just my feelings for whatever they're worth.

Southern Gurl
    I think a picture says more than words can describe.

Ros
    I'm not ready to have my picture as my avatar yet....

Banned Read only
    NEVER, ever trust anyone w/o a closeup pic of their face on any website. It means beyond any shadow of a doubt that they are a fake, a flake or on the take...especially a CDing website where every person is exactly the same.

You can't trust photos on the internet either. Anyone can post anything. If your whole basis on whether you can trust someone is based on whether they have a photo of "their" face, I'm sad to say you simply can't trust anyone.

Furthermore, we are not all exactly the same. Some of us are still in the closet and aren't comfortable showing our faces, even amongst people of a like mind.
    Last edited by Saikotsu; 05-16-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristia View Post
    I just discovered this site a couple of days ago, registered yesterday, and this is my first "post". I would add my avatar but I can't get into "My Profile" yet to add it. Will add one when allowed.

All of that to say, real photos if you can manage an attractive one. However, as some of you have said, you're doing the rest of us a favor by not putting up your photo. Thanks. In that case I understand using other than a photo.
    Once you get to 10 posts you will be able to access that section.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Kelly View Post
    Once you get to 10 posts you will be able to access that section.

Thanks Jen, didn't know that.

I probably will eventually. I don't really have a lot of pictures to choose from at this point. I put a couple in the selfies thread if you really want to see me.
    Last edited by Tasha'sLaboratory; 05-17-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Tasha

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I took the plunge..... This is the real me. (With a little help from that push up bra again!!!)
    Call me Donna, please

From one that is deeply closeted - to all but wife. A photo would be one more piece of the puzzle should anyone have an idea as to who the person really is. i simply can't risk a photo.
    JC

the guy that plays dress up and that has the best wife in the world!

I've got a nice avatar pic, it's just not actually me. It's what I'd like to look like, wearing one of my favorite dresses. It had that instant 'I want the girl in the pic, I want to be the girl in the pic' affect on me, and still does, every time I look at it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My avatar is the latest pic of me. Yeah I'm dressed but that is who I am.

I enjoy seeing photographs of members who post. I understand why some people are hesitant reveal any facial pictures. Personally, I enjoy the challenge of trying to be the woman I wish to present to others in my avatar. I don't think I can pass in public, but I see, with some of the photos that have been taken of me that I do have a respectable feminine side that can can be sexy, flirty, and is a work in progress. I was very excited to share a few of those elusive pictures to this community.
    When someone chooses to have a more anonymous avatar I still like to see what they select to represent themselves.

Who doesnt love boots!
    Who ever said it had to show your face?

This is the real me taken a few months back. I like to see a picture of whose posting. I know there is some risk.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenny Lynn, Some things are best left unseen.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!