Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I like real pic avatars

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    I like real pics but I won't judge someone harshly for not posting one. People have lots of reasons to not use real pics on here.

Platinum Member
    I do too. Either my avatar or profile pic is the real me....you can try to guess which one it it's!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gold Member
    I went years with a "cartoon" avatar. I was worried about an outing that would never come and eventually I got the screw it mentality. Now it feels good to not have another way of hiding.

Good for all those who chose to take the "leap of faith". It might be difficult and scary to post your picture, but unless you have obvious identifiable backdrops, nobody is going to recognize you. I think most who don't post a pic are afraid they aren't attractive enough to feel a part of the community. Nonsense! Post your pic and let the folks here decide. Take the leap of faith and you might be surprised!

I was reluctant to post an actual photo of myself dressed. As with all of you, I was concerned about someone recognizing me. So far, that has not been an issue. Additionally, about twice as many of you viewed my profile after posting the photo.

For the record, myavatar is just me and is current.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

well, I have a full facial beard, and have had for about 45 years. Everyone I know, including my SO complains when I shave it off. Makes for a not very attractive avatar in this environment. I do love seeing real pic avatars, and do think about pushing the envelope in that area, but understand that there may be issues for those who don't post pic avatars. That said, I am dressed now and dress almost daily. Is public presentation always necessary?
    Hugs,
    Trish

seductively seductive Cassandra86's Avatar
    I use a real avatar just for the record lol
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genuine and its better to be absolutely ridiculous then absolutely boring...Marilyn Monroe

this is me, good or bad. the only pic i have and the first pic in over 20 years. I do apprieciate the real avatars as it helps me keep you all straight!

I like a real avatar. It took time to get the shot, but fun and worth the time.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

I like real photos for the same reasons everyone else said. And in my time on here I have posted some photos of me (really it's true!). But I took them all down because I felt vulnerable. Now I am too old and wrinkly to be the deva I had in my head anyway, so I doubt that will be happening again.
    Also, I have found that after a time I haven't a clue what anyone is called, but I remember the avatar no matter what it is.
    It's just mental symbology when you get down to it.

I use a real avatar, but it was a big step for me getting on the internet so I can understand someone's reluctance to use a real one. I only put mine up after a friend saw it and said it didn't look anything like me.
    Combine that with the low resolution and that it is pretty well buried in the backwoods of the internet so the risk of someone putting a real name on it is lower than winning the lottery. I they do, well part of the reason for the real avatar is to be more open about myself.
    The only avatars that annoy me are the one's that are of a real 3rd party and not identified as such, or inappropriate miscellaneous body parts.

It's nice to associate a name with a face, but like others I certainly understand the reluctance to use a photo for an avatar. I'm out to enough people that I'm fine using my photo ... even if it is a couple of years out of date .
    Last edited by Claire Cook; 04-27-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I couldn't even imagine that I could be identified by my pic. Besides who else would be on here but us girls?

It took me a while to get up the courage to post a facial picture. It also took a bunch of makeup practice, a little photo enhancement and the proper lighting and ... well, I eventually got a few that I felt were good enough to post.

For those of us that are out and about and don't want show a picture, you should know that there are a lot of cameras that take our picture. From ATMs to wallyworld, if you're dressed you've had your picture taken. Every once in a while, I'll take my Renne picture and google it with images. So far.... nothing.

On another note. Much like the real world, there are those of us that have won the genetic lottery (not me). They know who they are and I'll bet they tend not to post their real picture here. They get inundated with PMs and friend requests and notes and I'm sure it's a pain.

However, for me, it was a coming of age so to speak that I got up the courage to post the pictures. As I've said in the past, for those of us in the closet, it's not a matter of "IF" we get caught, it's a matter of "WHEN" we get caught. Posting my pictures most likely speeds up that process... I'm good with that.

Renne.......

Well, I am bummed that my credibility and amount of "connection" with others on this site is reduced. But my professional credibility would be reduced if people knew that I cross dressed. It could threaten my ability to have a steady income.

when I register in this forum I putted my real picture which I have because my hobby photography so I love to take picture for my self every two or 3 months with dressed and make up and wig

That's one of the reasons why I signed up to this forum. I just loved how open some people are, and thought it'd be a way to open up myself.

I hear what you gals are saying here...
    Last edited by Taylor Ray; 05-11-2014 at 07:16 PM.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    This is me... Damn painful way to small push up bra but the results are remarkable!!
    Call me Donna, please

Here is my real avatar photo.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    For the longest time, I had a faceless image of myself with high heels and big boobs as a profile picture and, a picture of June Cleaver for an avatar. The very first time I completely applied makeup myself and wore a combed out wig, was when I first tried on my first french maid's dress. I was so overwelmed by the whole event, I forgot the apron that came with the dress. Stumbling with makeup and trying to look natural I just let the video record. That was the day I got my avatar shot, the profile pose that I've received many fabulous compliments about and, the inspiration to write the signature line below.

And a little bonus that I never imagined.
    Street cred on this site.
    And if anyone recognizes me, all I can say is, "Hi, there!"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Real pics for me too, though I like to show off my legs and what ever I'm wearing at the time, not so keen to show my face even if I was wearing make up and had my hair done up, my bf says I make a good girl I still worry it could fall into the wrong hands you read about this stuff going on...just playing it safe
    Last edited by CrossJess; 05-12-2014 at 05:54 AM.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I had a REAL picture up till I discovered that the web-bots scan the general forum and when I did a search for CDs in my state my avatar came up along with some posts. So if a member wants to see me check out my profile. There are some people I don’t want to know. That is also why I don't post as much as I used to.

the real me