Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: meeting another cd as friends

meeting another cd as friends

Has anyone had any experience meeting another cd as a friend from this site? I'm reminded of fthat Alan Alda movie where once a year he would rendezvous with a friend/lover and keep his personal life seperate. Forget the name of the movie. Just curious if it's possible to have a cd relationship that is remote and regular/rare/planned. What might be the pitfalls of wanting to go this route?
    Looked for an applicable thread to post this in, and only found classifieds. Not advertising, just looking for advice.

Jen

I drove out to Atlanta and hung out with Eva Lynn for the day. It was awesome...we went to lunch and then shopping. I ended up with a wig, shoes and a new bra from Lane Bryant.

I'm hoping to meet up with others, although my new home (Hawaii) isn't looking promising. But if there is someone in the area, I totally recommend meeting up. Be safe and meet somewhere public first though!

There are several ladies from this site in our new social circle. Some of the most amazing folks I have ever met. *hug* you all know who you are. A big TY!

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Hi JennyLynn. My wife and I met with Jenniferathome for dinner while she was in a semi local city. We met up because she emailed and asked if I wanted to. I had never met another cd before, but I figure, what the heck, sounds like fun. And it was! We had a great time and it was very enjoyable being able to hangout with someone else that shares this interesting quirk. We live fairly far away, as in not really driveable close, but we are trying to coordinate a second meetup with both of our wives. Should be fun. It really opened my eyes to potential meetups in the future with others.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yes a WHOLE bunch of gals from here all met last week for the first time and had a blast! We hung most of the weekend. Dinner, dancing, shopping..a few crazy escapades ...but so much fun.It was great to REALLY get to know some of the gals from here...real life is a WHOLE lot different than a forum...and alot more fun..... This is the second time you questioned meeting people from here ( I remember)...your coming out next time then.....

Banned Read only
    "Same time next year" was the name of the movie.

I have met with a few from this site. Nadine mentioned our meeting already. Like anything, you need to meet people to figure out if you have something in common. If you do, then you can hang with them more. You never know until you reach out.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 04-20-2014 at 09:35 PM.

I've met a number of people FTF from this site. Like anyone else, having common interests (outside of CDing) is what makes friendships blossom. Of course it is really nice to be with someone who has a deeper understanding of ourselves, but the fun thing is to be able to go out and do things together.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I just don't trust anyone on the internet, and with some peoples obsession with young trans-women I feel vulnerable enough just being out in public.

I've met girls at local Tri-ess groups then I have seen them on here afterwards posting on things. I find that of all the CDers I've ever met that theres only 20 - 30% of them that I would have a lot in common other than dressing in womens clothes.
    If you're talking about a intimate relationship like what went on in the movie Broke Back Mountain then no I would have no desire to have CD friends in that sense.

That's right, "Same Time Next Year" Alan Alda, Ellen Burstyn starred. A Neil Simon production I believe. He showed up every year till the year his daughter showed up and informed Ms. Burstyn's character that her paramour passed during the previous year. All though 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, ending either in the late 70s or early 80s, but the changes in their characters reflected the changing America during those years. I believe her character became more liberated and his character retreated to a more scarred (death of son in Vietnam, changing mores) till she was the one left to put the past 25-30 yrs into perspective. It's a very touching story.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have met 6 from this site and all have been very nice to hang out with.
    If you get the chance do it!!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I had met one friend from this site. We both traveled and met in the middle. We had a great time. Its nice to have the support and understanding that only another cd friend can offer. Cant wait to find the time and opportunity to meet again.
    Erica

I've met a couple cd's from this site to go shopping and chit chat with. I haven't had any bad experiences, and no-one tried to stick a roofie in my drink or follow me back to my place. I would certainly do it again, provided I got the right vibe from the person I was meeting.

I'm sure it's quite possible to have a "rare/regular/planned" thing with someone. I would say, though, that it's very important that you communicate exactly what is on the table in terms of meeting someone. Your OP was not clear as to whether you were looking for a friends-only friend, or a friends-with-benefits kind of friend. I would suggest you decide on those parameters before making arrangements to meet someone, and then make sure that they are on the same page with you before you actually meet them. Another thing is that you need to use common sense when meeting someone from here. If you get the vibe that they might not be on the same page as you, or that they have some strange ideas that you do not share, or whatever - I would strongly suggest opting out. That's been my modus operandi so far in these kinds of things (I've met many other people from the 'net that weren't cd's), and it's served me well. The times I've ignored my intuition, I realized when I met them that there was a reason for that, and I extracted myself from those situations right quick. But for the most part, I've followed my gut and been rewarded with good experiences.

As long as you exercise a little common sense and communication, you should be fine. There's no reason to be paranoid about everyone on the 'net. After all, you're on the 'net, and you're not a psychopath, right? It stands to reason that the majority of people out there are in the same boat as you. You just have to pick the right ones.

Good luck, and have fun!
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Hi Jenny,

I had the great pleasure of reaching out to Katie from this site very recently since we were in the same state. I have also met another girl from this site but only as guys...watched a basketball game together, really nice guy but not out as a woman yet so hard to do a lot of hanging out which is fine and completely understand. *Bad news...I think I'm betting a stye!!! from sleeping in my makeup from a few nights back...see my post on my little red dress....* Anyways, it has been awesome getting to know Katie these past few weeks and we have so much in common and seem to mesh so naturally well together. We went out 2 Thursdays ago for the last time but we had and amazing time. She will be working out of state indefinitely but will be down on occasion to visit her family, so I hope that we do have the opportunity to hang out again in the future. It just goes to show that you can really find friends on this site, just not virtually but in real life too! Wish you the best Jenny and good luck!!!

Ginger
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Just curious if it's possible to have a cd relationship that is remote and regular/rare/planned.
    This confuses me as earlier in the post
    Has anyone had any experience meeting another cd as a friend from this site?
    Assuming you are saying it is all innocent...I know people who do meet on occasion to just dress up. I also know people who say it will be innocent then hope for more. My concern on this is that the time you are apart can become a time for you to either start forming ideas or to think about he get together so much you stop paying attention to your SO.

I have many friends who are TG in some manner. But we don't plan on meeting on rare occasions, we meet when we are both out and about
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My first trip out was with two members from this site. I have probably met close to 20 from this site and another one. All have been good. Some lasted for more times out together and some not. It is no different than meeting someone who has the same strong interest in the same thing that you do, golf, hobbies, plays, whatever. It is well worth it. If someone wants more, just tell them you are not into the "more" part and leave it at that. Try it and have some fun. It is so much better than flying solo while out on the town, unless you are a seasoned veteran.

I've met a number of people that were somewhere on the LGBT spectrum but no one from here as yet.
    Some were great, some were bottom holes. Same as any group of people really.
    I don't see a problem with remote and rare. I have hobbiest friends who I see occasionally, but it is nice to meet once in a while.

I guess that it's my fault for wanting what I'm not willing to work for. I stay onsite and then get scared and slip into the abyss. My bad. It's just sometimes hard to take that "leap of faith" and actually do the work to connect and make a plan to meet. I need to work on me, and follow through. I just worry a lot about how to go about knowing I'm not meeting a fruitcake!
    Thank you all so much for your advice. Guess I need to ponder a bit.

I had 4 from here, 2 local and 2 from about 250 miles away still friend with three of them. The forth I put my foot in my mouth and l lost her as a friend.

Foot in mouth.... been there, done that!

I have yet to meet anyone, but am open to the idea of it.

I do want to thank the moderators for not slapping me down. I'm somewhat stupid sometimes when I post. Guess I did ok this time, or they're just tolerating me! Thank you!

It was threw this site that I have become close to another member and we getting ready to meet the beginning of May! They have been so helpful already! Can't wait to meet!
    Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

I have met several from this site at SRO in San Diego, have had them come and visit and stay with me and have gone to DLV and shared rooms with them.

No I'm new here. I just want someone to talk too face to face and have fun