Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: meeting another cd as friends

I would love to meet another CD as a friend. Heck I would like to just go out with a friend of mine while I am in fem.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    i have only met Marsha Clark several times. That is the only one from this site that i know of. Would like to meet more, just not sure how to go about doing that.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Jenny

I've met up with several CD members of our Australian TG group. We had exchanged regular emails so knew quite a bit about each other. I really enjoyed the time we had and hope to have more opportunities but, just as in life in general, you need more than just a common 'interest' to develop any friendship ('relationship' means something different to me). Friendships require a degree of honesty and transparency to 'know' the other person. That may pose a threat to some CDers.

You won't know until you try.

Michelle

I have found that in meeting the real person the rewards are amazing!

I finally met Adriana in what was a great weekend of a lot of new stuff (including meeting another CD cyclist...two girls, two bikes it was Tour de Femme!)

I'm friends with several folks in both modes and have gotten together with same. That is mostly about friendship though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I had the good fortune to meet a member of this site once. It was great to talk and swap stories. Unfourtunatly we were only able to meet once when I was in her local. I was there for a Dr. appt. and distance from each other made it impossible to meet again. Oh Well sigh,,,,,

Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferYager View Post
    my new home (Hawaii) isn't looking promising!
    Jennifer, my last duty station was in Hawaii. Be very careful in Hawaii. You do not look Hawaiian and though the "Native Hawaiian" may turn a blind eye towards someone from there. They will not be kind to someone from the main land (haole), and you could get hurt.

Please, please, please be careful.

@---}----

Reality Check
    To me it would seem strange to "know" someone as a female from this forum but then meet them as a male. And as someone else pointed out, you can't always trust someone you meet on the Internet.

If I knew someone as a male and then found out he was also a crossdresser it would be easier.

Hi JennyLynn,
    When I know I'll have a chance to get out, I always call a girl friend I met on this site to go to lunch. It's wonderful being able to laugh and talk with someone who understands....
    Donna

I'd love to meet other members. I'm just self conscious about my appearance. (Odd for this crowd, right?) because I don't present as girl at all. I'm a dude in pretty clothes. I'm female inside, and I do all the 'normal' girl stuff.. in a big furry body.

I'm not sure what to do :/

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I have met other CD's through friends of friends, it has usually been a cordial meeting but no lasting friendships.
    I met someone at a party once and the camaraderie was great whilst the party lasted then we went our respective ways.

I think it would be good meeting some from here as there is a common bond throughout and Starbucks coffee 'aint that bad.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I seem to find some nice people here, think about maybe trying to make a friendship and then getting scared off by the "Be careful of who you meet on the internet crowd". Ok..... I get it! I would never rush anything and would always take things safe. References, getting to know each other and just common sense will prevail. I'm a normal person, but I know ther're are freaks out there. Caution and smarts are the rule of safety.

To your question: have I had the pleasure of meeting anyone that I know from this site? No... but then again, I have only been here a couple of months.. so still getting to know people.

Have I met people over the internet? Yes! Mostly through Flickr (back when Flickr was still awesome).. and I would use the same common sense for this forum like I would over there. First, lots of email exchanges.. probably chatting a bit.. there has to be some kind of click. If there are other interests than crossdressing, that's even better!

Then, meet-ups in a public place or at support group meetings. Or doing something together in a bigger group, safety in numbers.

If it weren't for those first few people that I got to know through Flickr, it would have take me a few more years to go to my first transgender support group meeting in Amsterdam. Or perhaps I would not have gone at all. And then I wouldn't have met all the other wonderful people.

And two of those CD's I met through Flickr way back in 2007 are still very good friends whom I see (on average) at least once a month.

Just use common sense, meet people.. and you might end up with some good lasting (7 years.. I'd call that lasting, right?) friendships!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

I'm familiar with flickr. I try to limit my online correspondence. I like privacy.

I have met several from this site and would love to meet others. It just doesn't seem to happen I do't mind meeting in drab That is what most meetings are for the first time. Coffee or a drink at a local place is fine by me. So any San Diego girls want to get together I am up for it. Day time mostly. It is fun to tlk about our mutual interest and maybe we have others too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

My biggest motivation was to hopefully meet people with similar interests. I noticed some folks that posted regularly are from Connecticut and New England so i thought what the hell. Give it a shot! .

Jenny,

In the right context I'd love to meet some of the folks from the forum... The main context for me would firstly be the barrier of getting out... and then after that travelling around the world...

But where there's a will there's generally a way...

I'd have less concerns about meeting folk from here than other forums... my estimation is that probably only around 30-40% here are complete space cadets - and those are pretty good odds in my book...

I'd still carry pepper spray... (I hate that as a soft drink... I can see why the cops use it...)

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

It's always a risky propostion meeting someone. That's why I want to take time and really get to know someone first. Time is good!

I have met someone to give clothes to but that is all. I want to go out with someone who shares this hobby but would do male mode first to see if we have anything in common.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    I have met several from this site at SRO in San Diego, have had them come and visit and stay with me and have gone to DLV and shared rooms with them.
    I love SRO! I've met one from here and we've gone out for beers in guy mode but never gone out dressed (she still hasn't told her wife, so it's a logistical nightmare). Messaged w/ a couple of more but not met yet. Trying to get some girls together on May 3 if you're interested. SRO is on the agenda after dinner.

I've met about a dozen of my Friends here FtF, in addition to several others who I met but have not friended.

That being said, I would be glad to meet other members here if they're ever in the DC area, provided we can satisfy my safety protocols.

PM me.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Well,, I have what I would call "Commander Data syndrome" I feel alone in this town. I just think it would be nice to know that I'm not. Yes, if I was able to go to the next closest city (Columbus) I could make some friends, and not feel so alone.

I get scared wanting to open up and be myself. Have you ever been scared to go for it?

Jenny, I have met a number of members from this site as well as others, without problems. I think the first thing to do is make friends online first. You have the opportunity to screen them and their interest before you ever meet. Even after meeting some of the members, we were just not compatible enough to build a long personal friendship. Meet in drab for the first few times, until you feel comfortable being dressed.

My standard place to meet the first time is a mall, in the food court and go from there as your feelings allow.