Thread: Persephone Gets A Prostate Exam

Persephone Gets A Prostate Exam

Yep, the darn thing is still there.

Yesterday was my annual physical. Since I now go to the doctor en femme, I couldn't stop thinking how funny it must be for her to have to do those bit checks and prostate things to me but she is a great person and a great doctor and takes it all in stride.

I arrived in an orange skirt and a soft top with wedge sandals to show off my pedicure. Full makeup, padded bra (didn't want my normal forms to add to my weight!), and jewelry.

Since I've already listed my prefered name with them I signed in at reception with my "legal" first initial, then Barbara, then my last name. The receptionist and all of the staff called me Barbara (Yep, that's Persephony's real name).

I've known my doctor and her nurse for about 25 years so the receptionist and I chatted as she took my blood pressure, height, weight, blood oxygen, etc.

Then they had me take all my clothes off and change into the paper dress thing. Oh well, I managed to drape my bright orange skirt across the chair.

I'd brought my doctor a "laundry list" of items and she dealt with them one by one as she examined me.

Some days life just feels so "normal."

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Way to go Barbara. I am not there yet and probably will not get there either, not that it is a target or goal of mine. However, I do keep my leg hair very short and my underarms hairless now, so my doctor has seen me that way many times, especially my underarms when he works on my continuing rotator cuff issue. He doesn't mention it and neither do I since there is no need to.

If the doc finds anything insidious in there go for the op if you are fit enough and not radiation treatment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good advice from Bev I'm sure...

Good news Barbara, glad to hear it went well and does feel normal for you - sounds like you've got a great bunch of folks at your practice.

We regularly get posts from our US friends regarding their annual physical and related aspects of going en femme or underdressing... that's no surprise here... the surprise for me is that the annual physical seems to be such a widespread event... I'm guessing most folks' experience here in the UK is the same as mine, which is we only see our quacks when we're sick... If they were asked to do an annual physical the whole system would break down from overload, but I can see the benefit.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Okay Barbara,

I had to admit . . . a bit of guy cringe when I read the title as passing the big 45 mark in the military means it is an annual event. But very glad to hear all is well and that it was just a normal "en femme" day for you.

Hugs

Isha

I like it when they are ready to do the prostate check and say "relax". I always say "That's easy for you to say". :P
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

"If they were asked to do an annual physical the whole system would break down from overload, but I can see the benefit.

Katey x "

And, thanks to that annual physical they found my prostate cancer before it escaped the margins of the organ and infected the rest of my body. I am now cancer free since 2005 and loving it. Anybody over 40 should have one every year regardless what the penny pinching insurance companies and Governments may say. I don't have insurance just to pay for medical services when I am sick. I strongly believe in the benefits of regular checkups to help catch little problems before they become major ones.

Platinum Member
    Fascinating! Last week one of had her first appointment with an OB/Gyn and today Barb has a prostate exam.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    I turn 40 in June and I know my doctor is going to bring it up. I don't go en femme though, so I guess that makes it easier.

I'm 51 and going in next saturday. Full physical. Go in in with shaved body and toes painted.

I understand that the real fun starts once you've completely transitioned.

I heard that it becomes difficult to code a mammogram procedure along with a prostate exam. The insurance company bounces that "error" out quite easily.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Ok, I'm trying really hard to make sure I'm posting this in the right place so forgive me if I err. But a recent (today) experience of mine seems simular so here goes....
    I went in to the doctors to renew my perscription (blood pressure) and get my annual physical. It was set up on the fly due to my negligence. Any way I got a bit more than I had thought I would. I was underdressed cause I was at work so I had on my stockings, panties, Navel piercing and painted toenails. Before I went in I removed my stockings, just in case. I didn't have to worry bout anything else right? Wrong. the first thing they did was to take my weight, ( I had forgot about that part) so naturally I had to step out of my shoes.... Purple toenails, boy they seemed brighter than ever! Then the doc came in and we went over some questions then the bomb was dropped. Take down your pants, prostrate check. What? I don't recall that from last year?! Nice pair of panties... if that wasn't enough he had me lay down for some reason, to listen to my belly.He seen the navel percing. He did comment on it. But in a friendly way. overall, the staff did well prentending it was all perfectly normal for the days work. Who knows, maybe it was. but I have never sliped up like this before, not even my wife has seen as much!
    Nuts! Now I have to redo my nails!

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    If they were asked to do an annual physical the whole system would break down from overload, but I can see the benefit.
    It is proven that preventative health care is less expensive than "fire engine" medicine. It would be cheaper and not as burdensome if people would see a doctor BEFORE they needed one. Now I am concerned because if the US bases its health care model on GBs...it is going to cost us more
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Beverley is right on the money with the caveat. Radiation was the biggest mistake I ever made medically. I am cancer free, but I now carry a prostrate cadaver. I was never informed of the side affects until after 42 days of radiation. Good news is I'm alive.

Bobbi

When I was first prescribed hormones, my Dr. reminded me- you still have a prostate, remember to get it checked.
    At my 9 month exam, he looked at my breasts. I asked when I should start getting mammograms. He said not till year 5.
    I can hardly wait to book that physical. You know...the usual...prostate and mammogram.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBI G. View Post
    Beverley is right on the money with the caveat. Radiation was the biggest mistake I ever made medically. I am cancer free, but I now carry a prostrate cadaver. I was never informed of the side affects until after 42 days of radiation. Good news is I'm alive.

Bobbi
    Bobbi, I had the Da Vinci Robotic Prostectomy [sp?] to remove the infected organ specifically because it was advertised to be "nerve" sparing. Well, not in my case. I have two of those side affects that will be with me for the rest of my hopefully long life. My golf buddy had the open cut operation to remove it and had no side affects, others have had the beam radiation or brachia therapy [sp?] seed implants with no side affects. So, I just accept that right or wrong all procedures give about similar results and have very similar cancer free success rates. Every body is different and what works successfully for one may not be as successful for another and therefore, radiation is still a very acceptable and recommended option from the many available. I selected mine because I wanted it out of me and thought that I had picked the best way to do it to avoid the side affects that I ended up with.

With all that being said, I have found my ways of dealing and living with it all, and still get out dressed into the real world weekly.