Thread: %&@#

%&@#

Stupid machines with sharp edges and rough corners keep messing up my nails, %&^&@*&%(!!!!!

I'm fine. Honest. I'm calm... @$%&@#!!!!!!!!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I hear ya!

Banned Read only
    I have the same problem. Well, I did have the same problem. I found that a good baseball bat will round off sharp corners or move the sharp corner to a better location.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I hear ya hon, broke a nail today just tying my workout shoes lol

That's a big ditto from me.

I always manage to break a nail doing something innocuous. I'll bang it on something or catch it while putting on a shoe.

I keep silk strips and nail glue around for such occasions. It's easier to fix little breaks before they grow. A silk-wrapped nail looks just like a natural nail with polish.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I am really trying to get good nails but my work is constantly messing me up. I have no idea what to do. Get a manicure? Coat them with diamond dust? Just give up and have nasty little dirty stubby nails? I remember my Dad, who had beautiful nails, carefully manicuring them when I was a boy. My mother, of course, had fabulous nails. What happened to me? Manual labor, that's my problem.

I can't tell you how many times I trashed my nails at work, cut, torn or split nearly every day. The guys at the shop used to look at me like I was from outer space when I would scream when I broke a nail. Now though I have not broken a nail in months, my nail tech introduced me to Shellac polish and my nails are now longer than my wife's, I LOVE them. The Shellack makes my nails so hard they can take much more abuse than anything else I have tried. They also look beautiful all the time now, I can't believe they are mine sometimes when I catch an unexpected glimpse, I Love Love Love them.
    If you want beautiful nails all the time I highly recommend Shellack.

Hugs
    Michelle

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Doing manual labor most days is rough on nails, like some concrete I did today. I would grow them longer only to break them in a bad place. Then have to cut everything to balance out. So I gave up the idea of long nails years ago.

Since I have a mixed gender expression my fingers are just part of my male side. Problem solved.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Just had two give up on me, must be the full moon.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Messing up my nails I can live with. Heck, doing laundry I can break a nail.

It's the sharp edges that mess up my legs that are a real pain.
    DonnaT

Too funny, Jorja!!

Gone to live my life
    Tried on many occasions to grow them out but too many things seem to damage them. So I just go with slightly longer than guy mode. Still like to paint them though

Hugs

Isha

I do nail hardener every day. I do paint on my ring finger (or more) every day.

Whacking against a door frame and popping off a nail? AIEEE!

Running Ethernet cables and stripping one off? Grrr!

I just want to have pretty nails, dammit!

- MM
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

hello nailproblem sufferer. i have been a professional nail tech. In my days i had one male customer with a broken nail (nothing to do with CD) so I made him a gel nail to fit his other male nails. the trick is to get it looking as natural as possible with gel (or shellac as another poster suggested) and dont take the full shine final polish. that way the nail looks natural and can pass as a male nail (if you want) add nail polish and tada! beautifully manicured and highly polished nails of the same length. maintenance... at least once every four weeks. I am not sure if Shellac as nowadays home apply versions (not in here at least...) so that is easy and fast way to keep your nails looking good. gel is a bit thicker but allows for fixing nails that are too short. shellac is applied only on the own nail, is thinner and more natural looking. it just takes patience again to grow out the nail to the desired length.

I have known about gel nails, but I understood them to be a B!%ch to maintain.

I have had times when I have pulled off 1/2 inch crests, and other times that I can barely maintain a crescent.

I'm in a phase where I'm having a hard time maintaining a crescent, and it is hacking me off.

- MM

I feel ya girlfriend!!
    Desiree

yes gel is difficult and even more to do yourself. shellack or any type of so call gel nail polish will be MUCH MUCH easier. 30min and you are done. for bridal parties we switched in the salon completely to gel lack since it has no drying time. so 30min of work equals anyway the time it takes to polish nails and let them dry, unless you want 3 coats than you sit drying them for nearly an hour.

Some days I can dismantle a motor vehicle without so much as chipping the polish. Then there are other days the refrigerator door can slip and take out 2 at once! I've had long natural nails for a long time now, but due to the breakage issue, I have begun experimenting with acrylics, with somewhat favorable results.

Is it ironic, that I have often broken a nail, pulling on corset laces, lifting up a makeup case or doing some other femine routine?
    Chickie

That's why I wear a cute pair of tight mechanics gloves when ever I operate anything!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    And here we thought you were just making a fashion statement Karren.