Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
If the label casts the person in a negative light in their own eyes or they fear it will in the eyes of others or if it defines them in ways they do not agree with or are not ready to agree with than there will likely be resistance.

In the end it is my opinion that labels are private matters and it is best to refrain from applying them to others.

Usefull but dangerous tools toward enlightenment.
Yes and thank you for saying that.. In the eyes of so many we are all the same no matter where we fall in the gender spectrum ..I did not pick the label so many apply to me in fact nobody did .. In the eyes of the professionals we all have our own labels in the eyes of the public we have different labels ,but more important we all in some way or another tend to labels ourselves as well..

I do not see why there should be a problem with having an open discussion about it after all we are defining ourselves and I've yet seen anyone try to define one individually unless of course it's that darn old "umbrella term" that a few of us here refuse to accept ,including myself ..Because it doesn't define me...I think a few people understand that now but many still resist the fact that even though we are one community we are not all the same..