Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Label vs Community

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    If the label casts the person in a negative light in their own eyes or they fear it will in the eyes of others or if it defines them in ways they do not agree with or are not ready to agree with than there will likely be resistance.

In the end it is my opinion that labels are private matters and it is best to refrain from applying them to others.

Usefull but dangerous tools toward enlightenment.
    Yes and thank you for saying that.. In the eyes of so many we are all the same no matter where we fall in the gender spectrum ..I did not pick the label so many apply to me in fact nobody did .. In the eyes of the professionals we all have our own labels in the eyes of the public we have different labels ,but more important we all in some way or another tend to labels ourselves as well..

I do not see why there should be a problem with having an open discussion about it after all we are defining ourselves and I've yet seen anyone try to define one individually unless of course it's that darn old "umbrella term" that a few of us here refuse to accept ,including myself ..Because it doesn't define me...I think a few people understand that now but many still resist the fact that even though we are one community we are not all the same..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    We as a 'community' however are very good at muddying the waters with all that postmodern "nothing is true" BS.
    This is most definitely not true, in the sense of truth-telling. But in regards to "truth" in the sense of real truth, the label "truth" is more appropriately delegated to non-descriptive labels (as opposed to truthfully descriptive ones.) This is especially true when one is attempting to tell the truth about wearing dresses and playing the guitar.
    Last edited by Taylor Ray; 04-27-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Wow, I don't think even Judith Butler could have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Ray View Post
    But in regards to "truth" in the sense of real truth, the label "truth" is more appropriately delegated to non-descriptive labels (as opposed to truthfully descriptive ones.) This is especially true when one is attempting to tell the truth about wearing dresses and playing the guitar.
    Know what Stevie?..Yeah.. The truth ....Plain and simple ..Brings a lot of understanding..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Ray View Post
    This is most definitely not true, in the sense of truth-telling. But in regards to "truth" in the sense of real truth, the label "truth" is more appropriately delegated to non-descriptive labels (as opposed to truthfully descriptive ones.) This is especially true when one is attempting to tell the truth about wearing dresses and playing the guitar.
    You just blew my mind. I am Zylia (just a label I use to identify myself), I am me. None of us but me are me, we are all ourselves. A dress is really just a label for something to cover up your naked body. There are no big truths, only small realities.

Like I said earlier - let's stick to the OP which was slightly more leaning towards Community...

Too much philosophical stuff and those interested can move to philosophyforums.com....

Thank you...

Katey