Thread: Took a deep breath and put myself out there more...

Took a deep breath and put myself out there more...

Being transgender (Crossdresser, to be more specific) and a lover of pin-ups since I can remember I have signed up for a pin-up make-up/hair seminar being put on by Cherry Dollface. I love her tutorials and she has a great message on every body type being able to be beautiful.

When I reserved my spot I laid out being a crossdresser and planned on attending presenting female. I let her know I didn't want to be a problem and let me know if she had concerns. She responded back that she's never had a transgender person attend at that she was excited! I am super pumped and now slightly less nervous about it all!

I know it can be really scary to put yourself out there as trans, where ever you are in the spectrum, and my experience is a bit limited, but I have just been blown away at every turn with the positive responses I have gotten back. That is not to say you shouldn't be careful on who you tell, or that you even need to. There is nothing wrong with being satisfied on dressing being a private activity. But if fear is all that is holding you back, it can very much be worth taking a deep breath and trying.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

I love pin-up type photos also. I have several (most not appropriate for here) and would love to do another shoot more like Elvgren. You will enjoy it and if you still don't feel you need to post them you will have them for your own folio.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I also love to share my photos, but did get into a bit of a spot awhile ago. It was a divorce situation where my friend here had a wife who hacked into his (her) computer and my photos ended up in a divorce proceeding. Creeped me out, so I'm a bit more reluctant to get too close and share too many photos. We all like to think we're anonymous, but when things get legal like and there's an issue, it gets a bit scary.

Well it's more of a class than hands on. Though I hope I get a pic with her for sure. She is quite the inspiration on more than just looking cute! I invited a local GG friend who won't be able to make it sadly, but she let me know about a similar local class where you put on your own look with a professional there to help you. It's quite an awesome deal too and I will totally be doing that as well!
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

- M.C. Paul Barman

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like fun to me I hope you have a great time.
    Please let us know how it goes.

Natalie,
    Now that you have made it known conduct yourself properly and have a good time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My SO had a pin-up style (1950s) photo shoot several years ago. They did a great job on the hair, makeup, poses, everything. The pictures came out beautiful.

My SO also told the photographer ahead of time and like you, there were no issues.

Have fun!
    Reine

Platinum Member
    Hi Natalie, That sure sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Oh... my... god. Thats sounds like the funnest thing ever. Im definitely gonna start poking around for a similar class. Have fun and report back!

I had a great time!

Thank you for the responses! I am too wiped out address them individually but they should be addressed in my follow up!

I just got home from the class! I learned a bunch, laughed and felt like I belonged the entire time.

My two main goals where to stretch my personal comfort levels and be a good ambasador for trans in a "normal" setting (i.e. not specifically LGBTQ) I wasn't as outgoing as I had hoped, but all in all I consider both missions quite successful!

I sincerely doubt I "passed" entirely or at all. I would wager it was picked up on somewhat gradually, but it didn't bother anyone and best of all the vibe never changed. It was just a bunch of female presenting humans learning and having fun. And that is the most awesome bit.

I'll get clocked even if I get perfect at make up, learn to carry myself better and work out a more female speaking voice. That is totally fine with me. I just want to be accepted and create a experience for people where they can go "Hey I ran into a crossdresser one time. They where a cool person."

The class was held in a burlesque/pin-up photoshoot spot. A pin-up shoot is totally on my bucket list and it was totally cool to just stumble right into a local place that does that! It's pricey for me, though reasonable overall. I grabbed a business card and will be crossing that off someday!

WP_20140513_001.jpg
    - Natalie

-Mitch Headburg

- M.C. Paul Barman

I like pin up! I like Gil Elvgren and also Vargas illustrations. I also like Bettie Page.
    I'm glad you had fun.