Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ok, this is kind of funny

You totally should pick one up for yourself. Consider it your reward for saving the day

I love this story. For as much as our wives often dislike this side of us, it does come in handy every now and then. This past weekend my wife was having a rough time deciding what to wear for easter. Funny thing was, she actually called me up to the closet and asked if I had any ideas. Less than a minute later, she was good to go

Quote Originally Posted by samantha rogers View Post
    Trust me, Diane, one will be going back. My wife has taught her (and me) the value of taking advantage of store return policies. Sometimes the final choices are best made at home. :-)
    Don't forget that one could be used for homecoming and the other for prom.
    DonnaT

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Great story Sammie with an awesome outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by samantha rogers View Post
    My daughter looked absolutely breathtaking in it (a little prejudice here, admittedly...hee hee). Guess which one she turned her nose up at? Sigh...youth is wasted on the young...lol.I wonder if they have one in an 8?
    Yup, sometimes it is wasted on the young.

What you should do, if it is available in your size, is buy it. Then buy, (or rent) the appropriate "bling" and book a glamour photo session. Save the pictures for when she is told about your dressing, then pull them out. "Remember this little number? See, I told you it was perfect!"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Samantha, I guess we can add your intervention here as Item No. 51 on the list of "50 Advantages of Having a Crossdressing Husband"

The others are commonly defined as follows:

1. You can have your own private slumber parties.
    2. He always envies you because he would rather be wearing what you're wearing.
    3. You can have a girlfriend as well as a boyfriend who doesn't mind waiting while you take your time shopping.
    4. You can double your wardrobe if he's the same size as you!
    5. You never have to worry about cheating on you with another woman. He IS the other woman!!
    6. You always have a girlfriend to go shopping and have lunch with!!
    7. He'll NEVER object to being a clothes dummy and wearing a dress while you hem it.
    8. While shopping, you can test a new shade of nail polish on him and he doesn't complain or ask to see a matching lipstick.
    9. He'll rarely have scratchy five o'clock shadow.
    10. He'll never ask you to have a threesome with another woman as long as he can wear the lingerie.
    11. He will be sympathetic about your excess body hair.
    12. He won't tear your lingerie when removing it from you.
    13. If you need a slip for that new dress you bought, he happens to have the perfect one, and lets you borrow it.
    14. You can switch off wearing high heels on a long shopping spree.
    15. A man in a dress makes a good cook.
    16. He loves to smell perfume and will give you an honest opinion.
    17. You can test a new shade of lipstick on him.
    18. If you purchase something for the home, it will never be too feminine.
    19. At least the toilet seat will be down.
    20. He is a lot easier to buy gifts for.
    21. He knows just the right way to make love, takes his time and knows just what makes you tick!
    22. He will understand much better that the best thing a girl can have when she feels down is new clothes.
    23. If he buys you clothes, you know he sizes them right.
    24. You can take him to the hair salon with you and he will sit quietly while you both get your hair done, and he will never complain. In fact, he'll thank you.
    25. He understands why you don't care for spending 8 hours a day in pantyhose and high heels.
    26. Never complains about leaving the delicate underwear out to dry.
    27. You have a girlfriend that doesn't get PMS.
    28. He will not only shop with you but will pay the bill as well!
    29. He knows how to handle the delicates when he does the laundry.
    30. Satin and velvet are more snuggly than denim and wool.
    31. He understands the need for quality cosmetics.
    32. You have more excuses to go shopping, and he will even carry the bags.
    33. You can borrow his jewelry, clothes and makeup.
    34. He understands why you go through so many pairs of stockings.
    35. He no longer expects you to get ready for a night on the town in 15 minutes or less.
    36. You can take the Cosmo quizzes together.
    37. You can ask him how an outfit looks and get an intelligent response.
    38. His new friends don't spend all day watching football.
    39. He knows to walk slow when you're wearing heels.
    40. If he says, "Hon, you look nice." you know he really means it.
    41. He can spot makeup smudges better than any other guy.
    42. He's like having a live in cosmetologist.
    43. He loves to go shopping with you and watch you try on clothes.
    44. He knows how to treat a lady with care and respect.
    45. He's a friend that will stick around, and won't flake out on you or stab you in the back.
    46. He loves to dress up and have long chats sessions.
    47. You can have a threesome without adding another partner.
    48. If you've been bi-curious you can experiment a little.
    49. You know one of you will have a tissue with you when you need it.
    50. Dress him up in a French Maid's Uniform and you have a house cleaner for the day.

I can already visualize heads wistfully nodding in agreement as others read this list...
    I love this!!

but why?

why hidden???? my father who is not a crossdresser, took me out shopping once a year. he was the best shopping companion I could dream off. picked up outfits. waited patiently, would give an honest opinion AND pay for what i found than coffee and the next shop. I miss him. He passed away 1.5 years ago... so yes I know for fact he didnt CD cause he died suddenly and I had to clean out his wardrobe otherwise all your stories would start making me think....

so long story short: why wouldnt fathers be able to pick up clothes for their daughters????

A great story, glad you had fun. Oh, by the way, I hate you! A size 8? Only in my dreams!!!

Yeah, I tried not notice that "size 8" thing........ I'm a size 14 in skirts, maybe a 12, depending. Dresses? I would have to ask for help from tent manufacturers. Fortunately I have little interest in dresses as such.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

How Fun Samantha, I believe I will be doing the same with my future step daughter and my girlfriend...both know of Teresa so I am looking forward to it. She actually asked me when I was taking her to get her prom dress. That alone was exciting ... Well it's good you helped, you have great taste.

Teresa

I know the feeling. Its hard to contain yourself in that situation. I'm glad you saved the day!!

Ok, now this is really awesome....the dress I really liked that my daughter turned her nose up at? The gorgeous, stunning, elegant, long dark blue perfect gown that I absolutely loved?
    I found it by accident tonight on sale IN MY SIZE!!!!!
    YES!!!!! On sale!!!!!
    OMG OMG OMG
    Sammie is sporting a gigantic smile tonight.