Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Johnny Cash of CDs, or the CD in black

The Johnny Cash of CDs, or the CD in black

I just realized today that 90% of what I own (dresses, skirts, blouses, lingerie, etc.) is black. I do not know why I am drawn to black colored fashions, but evidently I am. Am I weird? Are there others on here who have a preference for one color over any other? I am going to have to work on this. The plus side is that if I needed to go to a funeral en femme, I am good to go!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    ha ha...i LOVE black too...you are not alone...black is my favorite, along with red,white,gold,silver,grey, and patterns as accent colors...not much for bright colors...maybe pink....but black is my favorite...they say black is slimming...dont know how true that is though....i will have to check the crossdresser manual again....

LOL. I personally think black is slimming on me. However, ultimately, the truth would be in the eye of the beholder. I have a bit of an affinity for greys and purples, too. The corst I am looking at getting as my first is purple and (you guessed it) black.

yeah--Black will always be the go to color. "X", is the "new" black---except, Black never gives up it's champion belt! It just looks good---especially with a charcoal grey!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I agree. The charcoal grey goes with it so well!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    ok you convinced me to buy these charcoal grey shorts i have been eyeing .........

I have read that dark cokors on top and light colors below (skirts, slacks, etc.) are preferable for the girls with broad shoulders and not so curvy bodies. So, over the past year and a half that I have been dresing, in earnest anyway, I have acquired many black tops. Now, I am trying to branch out a little though, and I have started looking for dark tops other than black. But, I have not been overwhelmingly successful yet! So, put a ribbon on me and call me "June", LOL,

Wink

Guilty! My outer wardrobe consisted of 90% black also initially. Once this was pointed out, I made the conscious choice to extend into more colour. Neutral colours and pastels for now but I am starting to enjoy the bright colours available. Just needs to be in keeping with the style I wear. Bight pink hot pants just don't seem to cut the look!

Banned Read only
    Nope, I'm all about color. If I have one black item, I will have some color to pop against it.

Hawkdoc,
    Just lack of imagination for now..
    You soon get out of that rut.
    I fall into valleys and buy similar clothing for a while and when I get enough I become bored and try something new.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Tami, you' re not weird! (Well - not in the context of this place, anyway..)

Black is classic... black is for sure slimming, on the whole... and outside of the fashion aspect for us CDers, I just love my wife in black lingerie...

I like the suggestion from Caitlyn about dark on top, light below - will have to try that...

Thing I've realised about colours is the difficulty of finding the right colour for us as individuals... something that GGs start doing as teenagers, so we're decades behind... I think experimentation is the answer... and I've received good advice from posting pics in the Gallery here... but you have to be prepared to look back and think OMG, what was I thinking...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Nothing wrong with black Hon. It gets someone's attention, is a no nonsense color and tends to make the wearer look mysterious.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 04-23-2014 at 07:45 AM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I love black, too. Gives a slimmer appearance (as opposed to a slimmer reality - dang it). And just about everything goes with it. My two complimentary colors of choice are silver and the dark red family (maroon, cranberry, burgundy).
    Here's proof that black can give the appearance of slim (not that this model needs it). I wish I had a dress with this type of black side panels:
    Attached Images Attached Images

why do gals buy the LBD,
    not weird,

in the beginning everything i had was black,
    that has all changed, loud and proud now...
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Gone to live my life
    Funny thing . . .my wife's wardrobe is basic black whereas my "femme" wardrobe (not really that much) is very colour oriented.

Hugs

Isha

Another black fan here, though lately, since I've been out more, I've been adding more colors to the "collection".
    However most of my ugly things are still black. Maybe it's liked to the depression I feel when he's around?

Well, black does go with everything....
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"

I wear a lot of black but not only when crossdressing also on my daily male life, usually on cooler weather is something black all day and on summer mostly at night , black clothing is not a good option on hot weather...something I found interesting is that Hispanic ladies don't wear much black clothing

I have three LBDs, but the rest are multicoloured. Not many patterned blouses or dresses though...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I NEED to get out of the black rut.

Banned Read only
    I have always like dressing in black in drab and drag, rarely at 100% though. Often black pants or a black skirt, but a bright color for the top. I'm the reverse of the physique discussed above. Below the waist is larger than normal due to cycling, but upper body is average at best.

The ONE thing I do to try and break up the all-black routine is to wear a lighter color of hosiery, like a taupe, grey, or (the best of all) a suntan. I am trying to break a 30 year tradition, slowly, bt surely.

Silver Member
    Black is the basic color, and has always been in fashion. For most gals it's a color that looks great no matter what your size or your article of choice - dresses, sweaters, blouse, jeans, shoes, lingerie. Also IMO your hair color, skin tone will have an effect on how your black attire responds. By adding one item - say a scarf, in another color, it can change your entire look. Enjoy.

Thank you for that advice.

I was tending to wear a lot of black. I am trying for jewel tones colors now. I'm wearing a lot of purple. I'm starting to "get into" coral also...