Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panties, over or under?

Question Panties, over or under?

An underwear question. When wearing pantyhose, panties are optional? Also, when wearing a garterbelt and stockings, do the panties go over or under the belt? I recall reading once that they go over because then it is easy to go to the bathroom without pulling down the garterbelt and stockings. And if that is correct, then what is the correct way to wear panties with a bottomless girdle with garters?
    [SIZE="1"]Hopefully coming to grips with getting older[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]http://360.yahoo.com/randi_789[/SIZE]

only a girl from NJ would ask that ?

Banned Read only
    Yes they are optional, thats what panty-hose means, the panty is built in.

Anyway my wife never wears panties under hers. I have also noticed they tend to not slide down as much through out the day if you do not wear panties unde them.

I can't answer the girdle question, never worn one..although I may have to start soon. As far as pantyhose goes, I always wear panties underneath. Going without tends to irritate my Neutral Zone.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Aspiring Member
    I always wear panties with pantyhose, and I wear them under the pantyhose.

as for garter and stockings, i've only wore those a few times, and i've worn panties under the garters and stockings.

Quote Originally Posted by randi_789
    An underwear question. When wearing pantyhose, panties are optional? Also, when wearing a garterbelt and stockings, do the panties go over or under the belt? I recall reading once that they go over because then it is easy to go to the bathroom without pulling down the garterbelt and stockings. And if that is correct, then what is the correct way to wear panties with a bottomless girdle with garters?
    What I have heard, or read it this:

For pantyhose, personal preference. My wife and I prefer to wear panties under the hose, but I know other girls (gg, cd) who prefer no panties, just the hose.

For garterbelt, the rule of thumb I had been told once upon a time was over the garter for easy access (sexually). To be honest, I have always worn them over for the precise reason you mention though... less I have to remove to use the restroom.

For girdle... refer to garterbelt, I would think, though in this area I have no experience. Best of luck H on!
    Ciao!
    Lizz:cheeky:

Just living life one day at a time...

I always wear knickers under but if wearing a minni and in the mood to show then a pritty pr over the top as well
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

I am an "over" girl..that is panties over the garter straps for restroom.

I don't wear panty-hose. I wear thigh highs. I'd love to wear a girdle, at least once, but I've never had the pleasure.

I wear my knickers under my tights (pantyhose) as does my wife. Sometimes if the tights are on the loose side than another pair of knicker over the top.

As for stockings and suspenders (garter belt) the knickers go over.

So in my case its over and under!
    Sally...xx

My flickr pages

Definitely knickers over tights........what's the point in hiding all that lovely lace?

As for garters well, why complicate things by having to undo four clips to drop the undies, and then when its all over fiddle to find the ends somewhere up under your skirt, grab them and do them up. A real pain, and it still hides the lace.

In the days of stockings GGs used to wear french knickers, how could those go under the belt? For a real image think of bloomers or what were called 'passion killers' and you can see why!

Love
    Granny Fi

I wear it both ways .. but usually, I prefer the panties under the hose.
    [SIZE="1"]i just wanna DANCE.

myspace[/SIZE]

panties or dk's over garters

As a more mature lady, who has learned a lot about ladylike dressing from her grandmother who had her own foundation wear shop, I know it was common, in the days ladies wore girdles and nylon stockings every day, that their panties, bloomers or directoire knickers where normally worn over the garters, to be able to go to the bathroom. Only in fashion magazine adverts as well as cheesecake pics panties where worn under, to give it a better look.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandanylon
    As a more mature lady, who has learned a lot about ladylike dressing from her grandmother who had her own foundation wear shop, I know it was common, in the days ladies wore girdles and nylon stockings every day, that their panties, bloomers or directoire knickers where normally worn over the garters, to be able to go to the bathroom. Only in fashion magazine adverts as well as cheesecake pics panties where worn under, to give it a better look.
    For those with the equipment intact it doesn't matter as the extra reach allows a wiss without having to pull down ones knickers!

Thumbs up panties over or under

hello yes it has to be panties under hose for me ,they feel better and your panties dont slip down,but garter belts i say for convenience panties over.but i think they look better underneath the belt but has any one tried to go to the loo in ahurry dressed like: that ,nothing like fighting with suspenders for 15mins after you have been to the loo .lots tiffa

Femininity on Tap! spaskinstyle's Avatar

Hey girls

I go bare under the pantyhose. It's much cooler and no pantylines.

With the garterbelt situations..... I always wear under and pull down or to the side when I pee.

Love to all,

Theresa

GypsyKaren
    I wear pantyhose nearly everyday, and I am au natural underneath, except when I go out in this one mini that is rather mini. Kinda want to keep the trumpet in the case, if you know what I mean.

GypsyKaren

Always under for me, I don't feel comfortable without the panties next to my skin, and I don't care about the little extra effort in the bathroom.

If wearing tights (pantyhose ) I wear them over my panties, I NEVER wear them on their own. When I wear stockings with a suspender belt (garter belt) I wear the panties over the belt and sussies as this does make it easier to pull down my knicks and sit to pee as I haven't stood to pee for decades whether in drab outdoors (with panties beneath of course) or en-femme indoors.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Red face Under And Over

Hi Girls, It is always panties under my panty hose. I love the feeling of panties and I feel undressed any other way. I always wear my panties over my garter belts and nylons. Much easier to go poddy. My wife is in total agreement and wears hers the same way. We both used to wear panty girdles as they were once a big thing in her family. I actually got tired of wrestling it up and down and stopped all together. It wasn't very much fun for either of us to fondle or tease one another in a panty girdle.

I always wear panties under my pantyhose. They just feel so nice! On those occasions I wear garters, I think it looks better with the panties under them, and I can still get my panties down far enough to pee. But if I'm going to go to the trouble of wearing garters and stockings then it's likely for a special occasion where I'm going to want it to be easy to take my panties off...if you get my drift...

My way to avoid confusion is to wear both under and over!

Over or under, depending of the length of the garter

I never wears pantyhose.

As for stockings and garter belt, usually the panty goes over.

However, when you have short stockings and long garters, I sometimes put the panty under the garters, because in this case, you can still do your business without unclipping the garters.
    -- Victoria-Marie

The Satin Dreamer Vivian_Anne_1's Avatar

Over or Under

I rarely ever wear pantyhose but when I did it was under. I alway wear panties over by garterbelt. I have not bought my first open girdle yet so I can't say. I am buying one on Tuesday though.

I wear my panties under my pantyhose, but a woman that I once dated said she wont wear panties under pantyhose. She preferred pantyhose alone under her skirts and dresses or panties alone, but not both at the same time.