Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things Wives Say

With my wife in her lighter moments, when it doesn't bother her so much, she has come up with a few good ones. Once, when there were some bugs in the house during a hot summer night, and she was frantically swatting away at them, while I really don't have much concern for them, I was sort of giggling at her attempts at ridding the house of them, she said, "why don't they bother you, girls hate bugs." One time when there was an announcement from her nephew that he his pregnant wife was carrying a boy, she said, good, there are too many girls in this family, then looked right at me and winked. Just last night we were sitting together doing one of those silly FB games, the ones what character would you be or what decade should you have been born in. One question said pick your favorite shoe..... And I was debating it.... she then grabbed the mouse and clicked on the high heels. Another one, which character are you on the wizard of oz, and I said which one do you think I will be. "Dorothy" she said. (she was right btw) lol
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

My wife and I are in the process of selling a flat we used to rent out. So I said jokingly maybe we should keep it and we can have my "Jenny nights" there in stead of going to a hotel. She said maybe that's a good idea. So I replied it would be a lot more costly, and then there's the small matter of no furniture. The rest of the conversation kind of went like this:

She said: "Well you can always sit on the kitchen tops or the stove."

"Sounds great. Then I can even switch on the stove when I'm cold" I quipped.

So she hit me with this one: "My butt may burn, but yours will melt!"

We had a good laugh!

Only doing pantyhose or thigh highs in front of the wife. She always tells me I'm weird when I do.

The other night I commented on how nice she smelled and she said that she had to do something since I looked so pretty (I’m 230 and ugly so she was talking about the gray shorts and black thigh highs I was wearing).

Smile

My wife doesn't really participate in my crossdressing fetish with me but she has seen me dressed up before (usually in lingerie) and every time she has told me that she wished her legs looked as good as mine.

Thanks love!

My wife says plenty of things. Lots of stuff that would make you wonder if you walked in and didn't know. Things like

Oh my gosh. You are SO high maintenance.

This is a change. I'm done already and waiting for you! Now I know what it feels like. ( the first time we went out she said that.)

You went shopping without me and you didn't send any pictures from the dressing room? ( she HATES shopping. I always kid her I'm gonna start bringing a sport illustrated and sit her next to the dressing with all the other bored husbands.).

Do you wanna go shopping with me? I guess that's a silly question. Of course you wanna go.

You took pictures of all your shoes? Why?

What are you doing! You never stand and pee. That freaks me out when you do that.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

It's just awesome to see how many cool spouses are out there.

We will be out there shopping and whatever, she is totally oblivious to others around. "Oh this will look great with our gene dresses!" "Look they have it in your size too! *ponders*

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

My wife told me that she's planning a girls' weekend. I think she's more excited about it than I am! I love her!

Mine was...

Honey I'm going shoe shopping. Want to come?

I've also been accused of having more bras than she has.

All I get is " that looks stupid"

When I first started to dress I was practicing my makeup application in anticipation of my first venture out the door. Mimi was away on a trip and I sent her a picture of my efforts. She texted back "You really look beautiful." That simple statement was the nicest and most supportive thing she could have done.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

"You have WAY to many panties", "You have good taste", "How do you have more bra's than me but not have to wear one", "I don't get why you like to wear what most women hate or can't wait to take off", "ohhhh a thong (with a wink in her eye)", "Can I come in", "Time to change", "You smell different"...just to name a few...

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    "You're too old for an outfit like that"
    "Those clothes are too tight"
    "no women would ever.... (insert nasty comment here)...
    "If you think you're going out looking like that"...
    "Your makeup is way over done."...
    "You spend too much on Megan and nothing on me."..
    "Sure you see something you like and the household checkbook takes a hit to buy it"
    "I might as well give up, you don't listen to me anyway"
    (usually right!)
    Last edited by Megan70; 05-07-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    You are served ...

That's awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by eryn View Post
    when i first started to dress i was practicing my makeup application in anticipation of my first venture out the door. Mimi was away on a trip and i sent her a picture of my efforts. She texted back "you really look beautiful." that simple statement was the nicest and most supportive thing she could have done.

She says this a lot, you are such a girl

Four or five times in the last 18 months since revealing this side of me, she has exclaimed, upon seeing a pair of heels, a skirt, dress, or brand/shade of hose, how much she likes them. I always get them for her, and she is genuinely appreciative. I have become a style coach for her, and am thrilled about that level of acceptance and engagement.

So, I haven't told my wife yet (this is all fairly recent for me, so haven't had a chance). We were talking on the phone today. She said, "You're everything to me, you know that? Well.. not a sister. You wouldn't make a good sister." Then she paused for a few seconds. "Or maybe you would if you tried hard." Meanwhile, I'm trying so hard not to laugh.

I'm planning on talking to her soon (she's away visiting family, comes back this weekend), maybe Monday, and I think I'll refer back to that conversation as a starting point.