Thread: Acceptance in some countries

Acceptance in some countries

Yes, so we have been here before...

This time around I am being head hunted by a bank in Doha, Qatar. In the past it has been Gibraltar and Saudi. Assuming it is a slight problem with being TS/CD in that neck of the woods. Any thoughts on this or experiences at all?

According to the CIA World Factbook the GDP per Capita of Qatar is pretty much 200% (No. 1 in the world) that of the US - which is all good in my books. I guess one have to fly out to Bangkok every single weekend to keep sane as the m/f is about 3/1. I only got Dubai to compare with and I was only there a few days for an off-shore boat race.

Hugs
    /Giovanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intersting! A 3/1 ratio of men to women? The area in Illinois where i live seems like that. At least for singles.

From CIA:
    ---
    at birth: 1.02 male(s)/female
    0-14 years: 1.03 male(s)/female
    15-24 years: 2.75 male(s)/female
    25-54 years: 4.8 male(s)/female
    55-64 years: 3.37 male(s)/female
    65 years and over: 1.5 male(s)/female
    total population: 3.29 male(s)/female (2014 est.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Johanna,

I was in Saudi for about 2 1/2 years and wouldn't want to be taking my stuff anywhere near there. I know that place is extreme, but they even went through individual photos on returning to the country, and confiscating the ones they liked, I mean didn't like. One of me completely in the buff, except for a teddy bear covering my modesty was taken, I'd hate to see the reaction on finding my girl stuff. Eeek!

Qatar et al are not averse to a little human rights violation either, so be careful!

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 04-26-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Can't say I've any experience of the country but as you intimated, it's probably not the most CD/trans/gay friendly place in the world.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Johanna,

I was in Saudi for about 2 1\2 years and a worse place to be TS/TG I can’t imagine. They would even examine every photo at baggage check on return to the country. They kept the ones they liked, I mean the ones they thought offended public decency. Especially one of me completely in the buff, except for a teddy bear covering my modesty. Hopefully, it made someones night....or many!

It’s a generalisation, but countries like Qatar are run by oppressive regimes and are not averse to a little human rights violation now and then. The rules are theirs to make but their version of justice is not something that I would readily recognise. Just be careful and stay safe.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk