Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is Crossdressing a Sexual Thing?

I understand everything your saying and agree. I was always drawn to womens clothes, at an early age I like wearing them and did not know why. I am now in my sixties and love it even more. I feel so calm wearing panties ( I hide them well) and even sleep in them sometimes and my wife never knows, she would flip if she knew. I feel so sexy at times, depending on what I am wearing.

I have swings but while appearing to fit in with males I like being with and talking to women, I have good conversations with females. I watch what they wear and how they match things up and then go home and its a sexual thing and so good. Overall I would rather be on the feminine side its much more fun now.

For me yes very much so

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    My wife and I were discussing this very question the other morning and she pointed out something that had not occurred to me. I said to her, well of course my cross dressing started off as sexual. And she reminded me that being as I cross dressed before I even had a concept of sexual pleasure (say before 8-10 years old) that she completely disagreed with me.

Which made me think why exactly do I associate my beginnings with sexual pleasure? I think it is because I was never told that cross dressing was weird until I began to get close to puberty and the age of sexual awakening. But once I reached that age, I justified my actions by dismissing them as being only sexual. And I think many people do that. For some reason, we as humans tend to be a bit more lenient towards things that bring sexual pleasure. Because we can't control that. What excites us, excites us, and it is not as if we chose for it to be exciting for us, it just is.

Most men think cross dressing is weird and thus it makes us weirdo. Well so is sniffing feet. But if that is what "gets you off" then it is okay, or at least more okay. So by associating cross dressing with a sexual quirk, or fetish, then it becomes somehow more understandable.

I know this is what I did for years. "Oh honey,it is just a sexual thing for me." I said many times to my wife. So no wonder she was pretty confused when I decided to go out into public. If it is only sexual then why go into public? Was I wanting to have sex with the public or try and find someone other than my wife? Yeah, no, I was separating the sex from the cross dressing and discovering hey wait a moment this was hear before I was ever capable of having sex or as WAH puts it, to even be able to associate it with an "O."

Platinum Member
    Hi Donna, At one time it was no a days it is just relaxing.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi, Yes, I've noticed the same physical traits you've noticed once I hit my 60s. When I was young it was a big turn on, but now not so much. Yet I will admit to sometimes having a happy ending, or a happy beginning, or a happy middle to my dressing sessions. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Banned Read only
    Sexually it does nothing for me, i think thats because ive been dressing from a very young age so to me its just a way of life and the norm, though i can understand how you could get sexually atached to crossdressing becuase you do feel different in girls clothes to mans

If the need to feel right when dress in a skirt or dress is a sexual thing. I never felt so. I just love to dress and feel pretty if only in my eyes.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    Of course not as long as one does it in granny dresses and flats...

Which is WHY you find sooooooooooo many examples of both items in the P&V gallery...
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 05-06-2014 at 07:52 PM.

I am new to this, and I thought for the longest time this was purely sexual for me. I just bought my first dress, tried it on, and I felt a surge through my whole body - but it was not sexual! (At least I don't think it was, I am still figuring this out!) I cannot describe the feeling - it was like my skin or body was generating electriciy. Anyone else get this feeling the first time? I hope it does not go away!

The only other time, beside today, I wore a dress to surprise my wife and it had a sexual affect on me. That was until my wife freaked out on me and I have not tried it again until today. Not sexual for me now, just like the feel of the clothes and how it makes me feel (again not in a sexual way).

For me, it's partly sexual and partly the feeling of being wrapped up in silky things. Man I love that feeling! Usually when I dress up, I end up pleasuring myself. So, does that make it a sexual thing for me?

Same as most it was a very sexual in my teenage years and diminished as I grew older. I'm not going to lie and say I don't enjoy dressing up and trying to get frisky with my wife, not that she goes for it but I try. Now it is more a very helpful therapy that allows me to find myself.

Alright ...I tried...and I mean I really tried to avoid commenting on this thread...sigh...warning...the following should probably more rightly go to a diary or therapist...LOL
    Years ago, I would have said yes, and with the certainty of youth on my side. Lol
    Now, although I cannot deny sex was a factor, I have concluded it a was not the cause but rather a by product. Dressing released chemicals in my brain that made me feel good and happy and, most important, closer to the female inside of me. The upshot of all this chemical and emotional happiness produced feelings of sexuality.
    I have thought carefully of late about what always turned me on with a lover. It was seldom just drooling lust over a particularly lusty feminine form, if it ever was at all. Rather, my arousal was always tied to the certainty of being wanted, sexually, emotionally or both. Make of that what you will. The feeling was so good when present that it lead to sexual arousal as a by product. On the other hand, even an amazingly sexy woman, totally available but totally disinterested, left me cold.
    So my conclusion is that at least a part of what I sought in dressing then was related to seeking out the feeling of being wanted, which was intimately related to proximity to the female within me. Finding that woman within lead to the euphoria which lead to arousal. A byproduct.
    But now, since my libido is shot from various unmentionables ingested to grow my lovely little breasts, the sex portion is gone, but the euphoria remains. This tells me my theory is probably correct.
    So, yes, connected, but, no, not causal. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Same time next week, Doc?

My crossdressing didn't really begin in earnest until I discovered my female gender identity. The dysphoria that I felt before the discovery was a mixture of guilt, shame, anxiety, and all the resolve I could muster to put an end to what I saw as self-destructive, marriage-destructive behaviors that ultimately I could not seem to shake. When I finally did overcome these scourges on my well being by quelling the fires within chemically, I found that my desire to crossdress changed. It began, not a turn-on , but an important means to express my feminine side like nothing else could. With the acceptance and support of my DW, crossdressing is now an enjoyable, guilt-free, pass time that really has very little to do with sexual arousal. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I attribute sex-based crossdressing as simply one of many different sexual fetishes that are driven by normal to high male testosterone levels. Change the hormonal balance (T/E) in the body and everything you thought about your sexuality gets called into question.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by lostcrow View Post
    For me at this time it is just purely sexual. I don't know how it will be in the future though. I do now a days sleep dressed.
    I too have to say it's sexual. But as I get older the urges are more often and harder to control. Also the need to hide seems to go away as I get older.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Well, transforming to Tina is an exciting time. At age 55, starting to explore a new gender, and doing it openly, and with a supportive spouse, is a bit of a different scenario than that presented by most in this thread. I wasn't looking for another sexual outlet so that notion was never a part of the discussion, and my wife is not interested in Tina in a sexual way.

But....no one can deny that those first encounters with feminine everything puts them on sensory overload. So the initial experience has to be sensual, regardless. After Tina had experienced these sensations for a while they became a part of her transition experience, helping to shed the male mental and physical image and acclimating to Tina's mental and physical image. My male self enjoys viewing the feminine image, and linking that mental image to the sensory inputs during the ritual of transformation is beneficial to Tina in the temporary sequestering of our masculine self.

Donna,
    I am about the same as you. It started as a sexual thing but changed to a just wearing it is enjoyable. I guess that it still is sexual to a point.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Red face Is crossdressing a sexual thing?

I, as I'm sure some others have, actually saw women wearing undergarments in catalogues such as Sears, JC Penneys, Montgomery Wards, and other such publications for the first( excepting my mother) time. I was absolutely fascinated by all the different garments that just didn't exist in a boys life. That along with the fact that I was able to see a real attractive woman wearing all these things naturally peaked my sexual feelings as I was in the throes of puberty and raging hormones. Somehow, I became obsessed with seeing all the bras, girdes, garters attached to stockings, and all the other garb women wore. It was an easy jump to imagine how the clothing must feel and eventually find a way to experience this for myself. Of course once that happened, it was such a pleasurable experience, I did it again and again even though after each "session", I was ashamed of myself and would put everything away for a while until I did it again. In today's world, I still get some sexual satisfaction, from the clothes,but, it's nothing compared to when I was a young teenager. The women back then also had to wear much more formal type clothing, which, in my opinion, was much sexier than what most wear today!

Monique

Yes . At first and sometimes still is , but it has gone beond sex

I feel at 63, it is more a gender ID thing, less sexual... those sexual feelings come up a bit still..........
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Well, an interesting question...for me has halways been the same, since the first time when I was 12 till now.
    Something made by many components, first for me the pleasure and satisfaction to play the femme role, choose dresses, shoes accessories and be beautyful the best I can. Is something special for me, when I crossdress I am Camilla and act normally as the woman I am. I like to take care of my aspect, removing hair from my legs, polishing my toenails trying to please me in every way, I adore to do all this things and feel good while doing. This is why I love to crossdress and need to do it.
    So can happen to be sexually excited too while beiing Camilla, why not there' nothing strange, sex is one of the many components I told before, the fetish component was more present when I was in my teen age, at that time just wearing high heels get me excited, now is different but not for testosterone level, my mind has changed.
    I appreciate the joy to be and dress like a woman, because when I am Camilla I am a woman playing a normal life, reading, stay at the computer, playing, doing homework and so on.
    If I am sexually excited is ok, I just act this way and follow my feelings...simply...
    The gender thing is the first for me now, I love to dress like a woman, be and act like Camilla.
    I just love it !! This is what I know.

Hugs x

Camilla
    Love to be myself, a man playing two characters, himself and the girl inside of him...Camilla

Well I think for me it is more a sexual thing because, as a heterosexual male, I have had a fetish for women in pantyhose/tights and skirts for a while. I guess I just wanted to know what wearing tights actually felt like and now I have them well...I am hooked. Nothing compares to the feel of them on your legs, the happy feeling it gives me to wear them. I see it as therapy for my mind too as I do have my personal issues but this takes my mind off them very well

Best wishes

tightsplease

Like several have already stated, it was more of a sexual thing when I was younger. Now I just enjoy the escape from the normal expectations of the world.

I have to say tho sex has become more a part of the dressing again now that my wife is on board and supportive. I don't think it is as much because of the dressing but rather than the closeness we are sharing as a result of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wanda66 View Post
    Yes . At first and sometimes still is , but it has gone beond sex
    I believe this sums it up for CDers such as myself, that are just a CDer and not transgendered or transsexual. But some of the latter may have started to find themselves the same in the beginning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!