Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outing To Some Old Friends And A Quandary

I'm so glad it all went well. Congratulations.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Good luck Diane, sounds like a great relationship!

Wow! You have been blessed with a wonderful friend/lover. As she said, the heart wants what the heart wants. . . . . .

Please keep us informed. Suggest that you be sure to tell her about us and this forum, including that you've given your friends a glimpse into this matter.

Couldn't be happier for you,

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

What an awesome story, I hope all continues to go well for you.
    Nice when someone meets a soul mate,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    You are "two" in a million. Treasure every moment.

talk about a WOW moment.

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Congratulations on a wonderful day and its fabulous outcome. Best wishes to the two of you as the journey continues.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Beautiful! You conquered your fear of rejection and you were reworded in return!

Banned Read only
    I know this is just a beginning. Like any relationship there are bound to be pitfalls and false steps. I have no illusions that everything will be perfect. There is no such thing as life has certainly proven to me on more occasions than I care to count. It's the possibilities that are exciting, learning more about another human being that surpasses friendship. To quote an old phrase, "Everything that was old is new again."

I thank you all for your support and well wishes. I will keep you up to date as time and circumstances allow.

A Note: I may not be posting for a bit as I have two projects that will be taking up some of my time: one for work (a new product proposal) and one for me, that being a knee replacement. (Ouch!) Between those two things and planning to spend time with Laura, it won't leave a whole lot of time to post...though I may be lurking now and then!

Quite a couple of days, Diane... I really wish you well - what an extraordinary thing to happen... but lovely!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Possibly the most touching thing I've heard in years.

Aspiring Member
    Please Diane...please do not "lurk" to long...we all need to know how its going. My best wishes to you...and your friend.
    Fortuneta

Not trying to take over your thread, I just had my right knee replaced 5 weeks ago. The first 5 days are pretty bad but it gets better every day after. In fact I'm wearing three inch heels right now!!! Also, hope everything in the new relationship works out for you

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by pinklilly211 View Post
    Not trying to take over your thread, I just had my right knee replaced 5 weeks ago. The first 5 days are pretty bad but it gets better every day after. In fact I'm wearing three inch heels right now!!! Also, hope everything in the new relationship works out for you
    Thanks for the info about the recovery time. My surgeon said it would take a few days before the pain subsided. Fortunately this is not a total knee replacement, but something that has been needed for at least a year. It has certainly limited my running and that made me switch over swimming most mornings. I can usually get into the pool by 5 AM and I'm out about 45 minutes later before anyone else arrives.

Once everything heals up I look forward to being able to wear heels again! That's been problematic with my knee being all kablooie.

Now back on topic!

Laura and I managed to get together for lunch today and I have to say it was so different from our last one. I wish we'd had more time, but I had to get back work and she had to get ready for work. She's an ICU/CCU nurse at one of the hospitals near the seacoast and she's presently on second shift. In the meantime there have been lots of texts and a couple of long phone calls.
    Last edited by Diane Edwards; 04-30-2014 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Fixed yet another typo!

Diane, I hope things go well for you and Laura, I'll keep you both in my prayers!!

Hugs Bria