Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How open are you?

How open are you?

I just wanted to know what level of self consciousness everyone is at as far as going out.

-do you keep it 100% private and secret?
    -do you have a few people that know, but still try to keep it pretty hidden?
    -do you sometimes get to go out dressed if the occasion is right?
    -or are you completely open and just dress in whatever without a care in the world?

right now, I would say I'm at the second one right now. Plenty of people know I do it, I don't really know the feedback, but I typically only end up dressed at nights, sometimes walking around the neighborhood. Although, I would really love to work my way up to the last one, where I feel comfortable just wearing whatever I feel like every day out in public, I just haven't seemed to get my nerves calmed.

I don't even ever try to pass with hair or face changes, I mostly just like to wear the clothes...

Technically a few choice people know. Realistically, if my friends have not figured it out they are stupid. And my friends are not stupid.

Curious Member GenderCurious Andrea's Avatar
    Hi, FelicityMay

I don't get out much at all. The only two people out side of this forum that know that I dress are my wife and brother, but I'm ok with that. My life is not very flexable so i don't get a whole lot of oppertunities to dress and experiment with styles and outings but I try to make the best of what time I do have. This is my first time back on the forum in almost four months. But it's nice to be back it is like a vacation from the confines of social norms and prejudice.

One of these days I'll see the world through Andrea's eyes… if only for a brief moment.

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar
    I would say the second one for myself also. Mainly because it is not just about me, having a wife and children (although grown up) and living in a small town it just wouldn't be fair on them. My wife and a male friend know I dress and I suspect both my daughters have an idea also.

That said I am quite happy with life, not that a CD friend wouldn't be welcomed to share experiences with.

Lynn

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A few select people know but I dress as a mix everyday even around the ones that don't know.
    They may suspect but haven't said anything to me.

I wear what I want, wear and when I want to. I do nor try to pass either, I simply feel more complete dressed.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I'm out 3 or 4 days a week but don't fit into any of the categories. I'm completely open, dress in whatever I want and go pretty much wherever I want but I rely on the camouflage of dressing to maintain a degree of privacy. It wouldn't be the end of the world if recognised but better that I can keep my two lives separate.

100% secret.

Except for the 5,500 active members and probably 20,000 lurkers on cd.com...

Do whatever makes you feel comfortable and happy, Felicity, but please be safe in what you do especially if you go out at night alone...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Only me, the wife and everyone on this forum....

Have only ventured out as far as the back yard, momentarily, at night, new moon, heavy cloud cover, all lights out, large overcoat, neighbours away and dressed in the darkest clothes I have.

The CD equivalent of black nomex and cam cream.... Kinda feel I'm letting the side down!!!
    Call me Donna, please

I would describe my situation as something that feels like I'm 90% out.

Pretty much all of my friends know and some of my colleagues do too.

My siblings and a couple of cousin know as well.

HOWEVER
    , my parents don't know.. which sometimes feels like I'm in the closet! Not true of course, since I pretty much do whatever I like and go everywhere I like.

So, this does mean that I'm not out yet at work, because that would mean a very large number of people would suddenly know.. and then it's just a matter of time before my parents know.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

I can admit that definitely I'm 100% private ,,up to this moment ...only my wife knows ,,so I guess that is 50%
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Banned Read only
    Hi FelictyMay,
    I would have to say second on the list, apart from a few mishaps like being seen by a commuter train while walking the dog wearing black skirt, black Tshirt and wellies !

100% private and secret.

Gone to live my life
    Hi FelicityMay,

I am out to quite a few friends, work colleagues and all my family. I go out when I feel the need to do so and I dress as I wish. I do however do the whole make-up and wig thing. I don't think the world is quite ready for Isha "au natural".

Hugs

Isha

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Out to family since a teenager. Have a couple GG friends thru the years.

Platinum Member
    Hi Felicity, Only my wife knows but just tolerates it and doesn't want o see it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If a few is 2 then the second one for me. My wife has known now since January 2014 and now the lady at the wig shop I went to yesterday. She was very nice and help me pick out my very first wig.

And the Pink Fog keeps getting thicker.

Platinum Member
    Some of us worked our way from walks alone in the dark. Others, may have jumped into the deep end quickly, with a trip to a mall or a night out at a TG friendly bar. The first few times out, either way, are a little frightening.

Put a little more time and effort into you presentation. You may feel a bit more comfortable going out and interacting with people if you know you look your best.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I would say that I am in the area between the first and second choice. My wife knows, and that is it. I am sure that anyone who has followed my on-line shopping habits (big brother?) could figure it out as well. With children in the house, I am not ready to share my secret just yet.

My wife and ten kids know and I dress in whatever I'm in the mood for doesn't matter who is around.

I am somewhere between 2 and 3, My wife and Sister and best friend from College know because I had told them, but my sons and their fiancees know because they are not stupid. I don't go out totally as Jenny too often, maybe once a month or so, but I am always in some way in a point of transition in my dress.

Life has been a progression of living the life you feel comfortable living. Now that I have retired and many of the economic restraints are no longer an issue, I have been more open in my lifestyle. I also think that as one ages, the feelings or need to taking that leap you were always fearful of becomes easier, either because of less pressure or care of who might know, or because you feel like you just must before life has totally passed you by.

For the most part, I stay at home, but everyone that would come to my house knows, except for my father.
    So I am pretty free to dress whenever I am home
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My wife knows, and seems ok with it, but does not participate. I now have many friends I have met at Tg outings (in addition to all the wonderful girls here), plus some very close GFs from another site I visit...but in the vanilla world, where I spend most of my time, no one besides my wife knows. It would be bad for my kids, who still live at home. If I lived alone, I would be more open. But I have to be somewhat careful to protect my family.

Between 2nd and 3rd for me...wish it was 4

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    With my gender non conforming behavior I am 100% out. With my cross dressing I am out to my wife, sister, and several friends. But there are many people that I choose to not share my cding with.

So I don't know what number that puts me at, but whatever.