Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How open are you?

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    98% private. Wife knows and I occasionally dress in her presence (sans wig and make-up darn-it ). And I recently told a co-worker that I had been to my wifes friends wedding in a dress during a discussion about a "dude in a miniskirt/jumper" that he'd just seen!........Ok......95%

Oh, and I've been out in the back yard, sunbathed in a bikini, hunted, and hiked while at least partially dressed.........Ok.......maybe 90%!

Aspiring Member
    Wife knows a little but has no interest in knowing to what extent. Knows I like bras etc. and thinks thats a little strange. Other than her I'm 100% in the closet. Have been out in public a little bit but that was only when quite a ways from home where no one would recognize me.

I say only my wife knows both sides of me. My wife says more people know about my crossdressing than I think.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 04-27-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Some associates at work, my wife and by the way I went to my high school reunion enfemme. I wear what I want and whenI want. Always girls clothes, that is about all Ihave. Long arylic nails with light pink, waxed arched eyebrows, lip gloss, diamond necklace and gold braclet, ankle braclet, shaved all over. ear rings and always tight girls jean, leggings, jeggings, capris or yoga pants witha girls scooped t-shirt. I feel \feminine and don't care if people know i am a bit on the feminine side.

Aspiring Member
    For me its not a matter of self consciousness but a matter of practicality. It would make life and making a living very difficult if I were totally out in the open and everyone knew. Not to mention the impact on those around me. So for me its mostly the first, but really the second and occasionally the third. Depending on the environment around me.

I am at peace with my CDing and don't feel all that self conscious about it anymore. This is in large part because of my interactions with others on this board and others. However I do not live in a community that is accepting so I make practical decisions.

My wife and two of my children see me regularly as Michelle, I am out at least once a week and dress as I like. My wife goes out with me occasionally and is very supportive of who I am. I have several friends who know and see me regularly. I go out when I want day or night. I would say I am somewhere between 3 & 4 on your scale

Hi Felicity,
    I'm between 2 & 3.
    My wife knows but is hostile toward this so I keep it under wraps. My Mom probably has guessed. No one at work, my children don't know (I hope)...
    Other than that, it's only other gurls like us. Now that circle of friends has grown a lot over the past 2 years. Been out on the town many times with 12 - 18 other ladies but only to safe places over the years. I guess the most "out" was to the Southern Comfort Conference last Sept in Atlanta for 1 night. A few gg's have helped me over the years, Brenda, Hope & Mary.

So I guess I have almost 2 separate lives & that's the way I want it.

Hugs, Connie Marie

Only few selected people know, very closeted, I too try to protect my kids form knowing just because as pointed by Jennifer (Jennifer at home) kids do talk and growing up with a CD father at a young age will make them a target at school. They do see me walking around with my toes and fingers painted but never question me (my daughter did my toes in bright red recently) I blows living in a society that questions our lifestyle.

I would say two for me, My wife knows and is fine with me dressing. A friend also knows and is fine with it, other then on here no one else knows nor do i want them to.

Ah! well,
    Katey has blown my cover......

I live in the pink fog and think no one knows....

I venture out regularly, on the right occasion.

On holidays I am more open.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Nobody knows that I CD and I'm okay with that for the most part. I like being both a man and a woman, depending on my mood, so it's easier that way. I wouldn't mind a GG friend or two to confide in though. And to have shopping / makeover friends

For me i would have to say no. 3 get dressed and go out if the occasion is right
    Mistyjo

Only my wife and she is ok about this. i wouldn't want my children to know and we both have to be very careful
    Haven.t told any of my friends and wouldn,t want to.
    Like my beer, sports, motorbikes too much, but i do like dressing and having my femine side as well.
    man i feel like a woman

me...my SO and 2 GG's (friends)

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    some friends know maybe 5 or 6 (all girls) .... family dosent....there is no need to tell them oh wait ...my sister knows....so maybe mom does too ....i get out when i can in public to social events around the metro area

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Like many here, I fall into category 2. I guess the question is how many people can associate you (male name and persona) with her (female name and/or persona). I've often pondered the fact that I've presented Carla more to strangers than anyone else.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I am 3 heading to 4. My wife knows, as do my mother and my sisters. One of my daughters knows and we plan on telling the other two soon. That's because my long-term goal is to transition and go 24/7, so eventually the whole world will know.

Not sure exactly where i'm at just yet, I have been letting all my friends know about this side of me. My sister now knows, my nephew does as well and so far everyone who knows has been overly supportive, including the wives of my friends. For the most part i'm done hiding and dealing with that anxiety and depression except for going out. I have to be selective here in Nebraska, people are more aggressive and my friends have even expressed worry that i may get hurt if i'm not careful. So we're working on a fun night out up where my friends live in the Omaha area where there are more friendly bars. ok done rambling.. you pick my number

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Hi Felicity,

I think I am at number 3 on your list. I have set aside "Michaela days" where I use vacation time from work so I can go out to malls and such when nobody is home at my house and I have freedom to dress and go out and have fun. This Tuesday is my next one, I usually take one day off a month to just be me.

(BTW in my opinion you are quite passable!)
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

To the OP:

1. No.....I am out. I was willing to deal with the fallout or consequences of being out.
    2. Everyone knows, except the people at where I work.....but even they are catching on. Sure, I look girly, but I haven't showed up at work wearing a skirt. I have a mortgage and a pension to worry about.
    3. I like to go out as often as possible. I want people to know my girly side. The reaction in public has been great so far.
    4. Yes, I dress as a woman. However I keep my kinky stuff at home, in private.

Even though I am en femme about 90% of the time I am not "out" to friends of my male self with a few exceptions. My daughters and husbands "know" but have never seen
    Carole or photos.
    Hugs, Carole

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi FelicityMay,

I'm between 2 and 3. I'm out to my wife, sons and their partners, but that's it. I belong to our local trans group, so I do get to go out dressed but not without a care in the world. Went wig and forms shopping at a trans friendly store in the London area too, but would like to get out away from home for a T friendly night sometime soon.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Like Nathalie I'm about the same nowadays. It's down to only 1 or 2 friends that don't know and coworkers. I'm sure some have wondered there. Without protections from job loss... Unsure when I'd outright tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Others, may have jumped into the deep end quickly,
    Put a little more time and effort into you presentation. You may feel a bit more comfortable going out and interacting with people if you know you look your best.
    This applied to me. From just starting to CD 5-6 months ago to going out often dressed and with 95% of friends and family knowing. Got a big boost due to getting a makeover my first day out.. Which thanks to looking so well it was easier to keep on going with the day (more shopping,salon,friends,restaurant). It's been rougher since due to lower makeup skills than the artist at MAC, but I keep plugging away at it. Low nightclub lighting does wonders for my makeup skills
    Haven't soloed to bars yet.. But I may go to a regular bar/steakhouse trivia night this Tuesday.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I'm a little number 2 and 3. When I go out its somewhere I most likely won't see amyone I know. Billie Jean

Yep im definately #2 on that list. Im thinking about going out with a group of CDs though. I know the city that I am moving to has a group of people that go out and party it up.
    Scouts Out