Thread: Silly Co-workers

Silly Co-workers

So I have a pretty friendly relationship with most of the people I work with. I get along really well with the women on my crew. We joke about, poke fun at each other (mostly them at me lol, but it's all in good fun), go out for a beer after work on occasion. Recently, over the last few weeks, their new thing they like to joke about is how my secret is to wear skirts and make remarks about "my panties." None of them know I dress, so they're just having fun and I play along (when one gal first said my big secret was I like to wear skirts, I said well of course! It's the best garment to wear to let the boys breathe!:P). Anyway, I kind of giggled tonight when I came in and the one said "I thought you were gonna wear your skirt tonight!" To which I replied "I wish I could, sure wanted to." Then we all laughed, they thought I was kidding :P

it is nice when you can openly say you are a crossdresser or make references to things like that and people think you are making a joke

Many a true word spoken in jest

I am sure you love telling them the truth and they just dont realise it
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    After all these years I'm beginning to get this humour from my wife !
    Only one word of caution be careful that it doesn't spread too far and someone picks up on it that you'd prefer not to .

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    I am sure you love telling them the truth and they just dont realise it
    Or maybe they do realise something and there's a bit of fishing going on...?

Take care, Stacy - there have been many experiences from folk here who have come out only to find that a number of their friends and colleagues suspected something... no harm if it is just fun, but wouldn't want you to risk anything related to your employment if you weren't prepared for it..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Hi Stacy, I think that the joke is on you, They know something.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Just keep telling the truth...if they are in the dark it's good laugh. If some how they know, it's still good.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks for your concerns and words of warning. However it is certain that they are unaware of my crossdressing. If they do know, then they are psychic because other than the occasional playful admission of wearing skirts, I've never said or done anything at work that would raise eyebrows. I'm pretty careful at work, plus whenever the subject comes up, and I'm playing along, there's always a good thick layer of sarcasm involved. Of course I'm not really sarcastic, but they think I am. They also tease me and say that I love listening to Justin Beiber (despite them all knowing I'm really into heavy music), it's just one of their things. Even if they did know I don't think it would matter much, they're a great bunch of girls that would never out me if they had found out. But I still play it safe and have fun while doing so

Platinum Member
    I wouldn't worry one bit. Once at a block party, a neighbor quipped that I wore black lace panties. Indeed, I did, and I played along with it. He had no knowledge of my personal life whatsoever. It was just a bit of fun.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yeah I'm not worried I can tell when they're kidding and when they're not. It's all good. I still get a little giggly when they do say that stuff though

Stacy,
    It is fun to mess with your co workers minds as you do.
    I have also done it and a couple of times I have sailed a bit close to the wind and nearly outed myself.

Just don't give too much information.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
    when I came in and the one said "I thought you were gonna wear your skirt tonight!" To which I replied "I wish I could, sure wanted to." Then we all laughed, they thought I was kidding :P
    They might have acted like they thought you were kidding but I'll bet one of them said behind your back "He definitely has a prom dress in his closet".

You play with fire you get burnt , I would really not be so over confident , It might come back to ruin your good time, Just a thought .

Trin

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    It's great fun to skirt the edges and skate out on the thin ice a little with people we're familiar with. And your average crossdresser is a sponge for approval and compliments. I have to be very careful because I view my femulating as normal, exciting, natural and matter-of-fact. Sorry, even those that appear to be accepting can turn out repulsed by it's actuality. My wife thinks it's repugnant. Yea, right, whatever. I recently posted my desires to out myself to a co-worker <here> and got a lot of fabulous advice.
    Of course, Objects in mirror may appear closer than they actually are which may affect mileage. Huh?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would continue to have fun with it,you know them better than we do.
    I used to get on some of the girls I worked with about clothing choices.Things like OMG that top clashes with your shoes or I would never wear that.

I do this with my SO all the time. Yet she has no idea that a few feet away from her in a dresser there are a few sexy dresses, a wig, a nighty, and a sexy purple and black lace corset. :P

Sounds like you are working in a friendly environment Stacy. You will know if its just office jest and if you are suspected or not, but what if it continues? are they fishing or has someone caught a flash of lace? I admit to me it would be sort of euphoric being in this situation and playing the game. Just when I thought things were safe and just about to confide just the smallest to an individual, the situation changed in an instant and I was lucky enough to see the real motive. People were fishing and I had to back track and work hard at being safe. There was nothing but malice on their part. Please don't consider that all situations are the same, that the world is out to get us; the advice suggested by others is because we care. All the best and hope to read more about "The Office". Let us know when you do wear that skirt to work.......I can see it happening in the near future. (;-)

I work in an all male shop and constantly get joked with. They all know that I've done it for Halloween, and one of the guys was at a party that I was dressed for. I don't think it will be any surprise when I start RLE.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I've never worn anything feminine at work, and I never participate in their conversations about dresses and other female chatter (though I always want to ), so they definitely haven't seen something they're supposed to. It's just the one gal that brings it up and the others chimed in, but it's only been a few times over the last few weeks, so I don't suspect they're doing any fishing. Even if they were, I know how to handle them :P

I'm in a similar situating at work. All stated when I was getting loads of cold calls on my phone asking for Sarah (who doesn't exist), so everyone started joking about me wearing skirts at weekends to become Sarah. I went along with it and they think I'm joking.
    Swottie

I am not sure what you are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Ray View Post
    I am not sure what you are asking.
    I don't know what you mean. How you replied to the wrong thread?
    Swottie

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    If they don't know, then they suspect.