Thread: Dancing and other stuff

Dancing and other stuff

Just dyed my hair ( sigh... vanity, I know...sigh) and I have to let it sit for a moment. Here is a quick thought/question for you...
    I never liked dancing in male mode...in fact I hated it. But, now that I am getting out, I find one of my absolute favorite things, beyond anything else...is dancing. I don't even care if I am dancing with someone. Just being on the dance floor with the lights and the beat... I close my eyes and I am simply swept away...it is beyond wonderful, almost transcendent. And, there have been other things I always disliked in boi mode that I now love.
    Anyone else feel this was? Or have thoughts about it? I have my own guesses, but I would love to hear yours.
    Suppose I should wash out the dye now...

Sammie

That's the beauty of keeping a shaved head, the gray never shows.

I have noticed that my taste in music has change as I accept Michelle in my life more, I would never listens to pop, you know, Katy P, Lady Gaga etc, now I can't get enough, so I understand the change you are going trough, isn't it so much fun?

Yes, absolutely...I am a huge music fan of almost all genres and have been my whole life, but certain kinds of Pop music always alienated me...but no more...tee hee.

I have experienced the same thing Sammie. As Rob she almost had to drag me out on the dance floor. More often than not she would wind up dancing without me. I looked like a spaz out there and I knew it. Rita is loving the dance floor. I still look like a spaz, but I'm having fun. Better to have fun looking silly than be bored with my dignity in tact. Shame on me for not realizing that sooner and for not having shown my wife a good time despite my discomfort.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I dyed my hair a darker colour once and as it did not suit my complexion I had to go back to honey blonde.
    Nobody recognised me and that felt a little weird.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I wish... I love music, but I feel like 1000 lbs is suddenly on my shoulders when I'm forced onto the dance floor.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I love to dance en homme. I've never had the chance to dance en femme, I know I would love it.

in my youth I used go go out dancing a couple times a week, (several decades ago..)

anymore I have danced way more dressed then in drab, I find I like dancing as a woman more then dancing in drab.

dancing as a woman you are more free to really move with the music, I do find myself swaying and moving to the music with my eyes shut too. but I never seem to take it in to my soul like that in guy mode..
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

I'm mixed.. Basically I've always loved all musics, genres,etc all thru my life from Polka to Electro
    When younger (pre 18) I did more organized dancing.. Square and round dances, later Rennaisance dancing a bit when I was a SCA member.. But the majority of my musical involvement past that time (1983-present) has been with dance musics.. disco,funk,dance,house,trance,electro. But from the music side..not participation (ex DJ/remixer).
    Now when out to clubs (and the only ones recently has been Rumors..was ~20 years prior when I had last went to a club) I get into the beat and love the music but still I have, I guess, confidence issues dancing-wise even when out as Kacey doing this. Just too much of a shy nerdy geek I guess. So I just sit and bounce on the seat.
    Kacey's got me a little bit out and enjoying myself and life again..just not onto the dance floor yet.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

My wife and I have always loved dancing. and still do we don't go out that much anymore.Now that my wife knows I dress I really love shopping even if I just looking I can spend hours in the ladies dept. House work is also better.
    Angie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Dancing has gone from something I loath to something I JUST LOVE! And, all it took was for me to change shoes!

My back gets sore just standing for 1/2 hour in men's shoes. Never mind attempting my spaz man dance! However, I've found that putting on hi heels changed everything! I don't dance like a COMPLETE spaz in 4"+ heels. They not only forced me to change my entire dance technique, the shoes realign my physical posture. Which allows me to walk, stand, or dance comfortably nearly all nite!

Now, if only they'd switch that dammed, incessant, 70's disco/rap beat for a little rock and roll occasionally so Sherry could really shake it, I'd be completely happy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    dancing can be extremely fun & sexual , i always love to dance no matter what i am wearing...but it is lots more fun in girl mode ! Great excersise too!

I am ready to enjoy dancing en femme.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaceyR View Post
    .........But the majority of my musical involvement past that time (1983-present) has been with dance musics.. disco,funk,dance,house,trance,electro. But from the music side..not participation (ex DJ/remixer).
    Woo hoo! Kacey is very similar to me in musical tastes. Music lifted for me around 85, dance music proper from my perspective anyway. I'm a right old Vocal Trance head at the moment. Girl voices have always been a big thing for me.

So far, not danced as Rebecca but have always loved hitting the floor en boy. Maybe soon though. Musical tastes don't change for me whether I'm boy or girl, just feed me some more Armin van Buuren.

No longer have to worry about dying my hair, I merely polish the bits that show through the remnants of thatch that I possess.

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 04-27-2014 at 03:32 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Until after age 21, i was a shy wallflowere too scared to ask a girl to dance, and i didn't know how, anyway. Later in the church i have been in, there were dance lessons. I did not retain much, but mainly am a freestyle, free spirit, and went to many dances from 1998, to 2010, dancing with countless women. And i do enjoy the male role in dancing. But, i dance alone in lady mode, in my dwelling, and love it! I still, don't have the kahonies to go out in public as a lady, to dance, though I would like to try it.. Fear holds me back. And, i do not like most of today's loud, non melodic music. I like melodic music from decades past, going back to the 1930's. I wish more clubs, CD friendly or not, would play old music more, and not so loud.

One of the reasons I love dressing for New Year's Eve is that somehow we(wife and I) can go dancing and lose 40 years of our age in the process. I don't know why, but it seems so much easier than in male mode.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I know for me I have no problems being photographed as Victoria! As to the dancing I think I am a bit more outgoing as Victoria as well.

I love dancing in either mode but I seem to "get away" with more when en femme.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I'm with you Kate. I simply love dancing always have. Any excuse and any clothing, at home. I dance very differently when dressed though. I still spend hours practicing in the lounge, ready for those once or twice a year opportunities to strut it on the dance floor.