Thread: Too much?

Too much?

As a CD, how will you know when too much is just too much? For example; shoes, skirt, accessories, and etc. I love shoes, by the way.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Farrah,

I guess you will have to determine when buying becomes too much of a drain on the old resources. It is easy to get lost in the pink fog when it comes to buying. My wife and I have an agreed upon budget for clothing I have to divide it between my Isha half and my boy half. Luckily both are pragmatic when it comes to clothes.

Hugs

Isha

Why does there have to be "too much"??

I suppose when I have to build another house with larger closets it will be too much.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Too much? Is that a thing? :P

I guess for me it would be when my female wardrobe surpasses my male wardrobe. Seeing as I am in guy mode about 90% of the time, it seems a bit silly that I have a closet full of clothes that only get to be worn 1-2 times a week. I already have more pairs of panties than I do men's underwear. Then again, as a man I only need about 8 pairs (one for each day of the week and one for laundry day :P), but panties are just so freaking cute!

But I'm saying that in my current situation. If I lived alone (or one day, cosmos permitting, and accepting SO) I would be dressed significantly more, so and expansion to my femme wardrobe would be in order.

xoxo Stacy

Well many people collect things, so it is a natural trait. Doesn't Paris Hilton collect a lot of clothes?

I cycle through things that I actually wear. If I stop wearing an item, I let it go. A reason to go shopping again!

Aspiring Member
    I have wondered about this myself. I placed an order for some new lingerie a while back from my favorite online retailer. Granted much of it was on sale but it was still quite a splurge in the hundreds of dollars It made me ask this very question of myself. I finally decided I don't have many other bad habits, I could afford it (which is a really important one), I have room for it, it will be worn, and I am worth it..........and I pressed the send key

Like many other things in life it is good to step back once in a while and ask yourself "is this too much?"

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea i can relate....i kinda dont like to wear breast forms....they are kinda annoying....i will take gwen stefani's A-cup look anyday...i would like to wear them less..i would rather be a flat chested girl somedays ...and heels they get annoying if your out and on your feet too long....long nails when trying to apply makeup or worse eye cream ?? ....sometimes being comfortable wins .......

When my wardrobe is full and I find I don't have anything to wear.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When the closet rail collapses!

Seriously, if you are comfortable with your purchasing and you aren't endangering your financial health then you're probably OK. If you're running up debts then you aren't.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Farrah,

TOO MUCH???
    That like a girl too pretty or a car too fast - Ain't no such thing. LOL!

Hugs, Connie Marie

As long as you can still pay the bills, then it isn't too much. This is why purging is such a horrible idea, because every time you throw away clothes, you have to start all over again. But if you never purge, you can just keep adding to your collection. Also, don't gain weight. Losing weight is great but keep it off. Continual weight loss or gain means you have to adjust both your boy and girl wardrobes, so it's best to just stay the same weight.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

That's currently going through my mind. Just this week I bought the accessories that you can probably see in my avi, and the dress (which you can't see). I left the store feeling really guilty because I felt like I overspent, and shouldn't have wasted that money on this when I already have a few other dresses. The dress wasn't ridiculously high, but it wasn't cheap either. Anyways, I think as long as you don't waste money that's supposed to go for bills, food and such...there shouldn't be nothing wrong with it. You can never have too much.

Unless you buy a lot of make up, and not enough clothes to wear it with :P

There is no "too much" for me. I have bought every item of clothing and all the accesories that are available and that is still not enough. I still always want something new and different. By buying economically I avoid paying exorbitant amounts but must admit the total expenditure over the years has been substantial. Even so the pleasure these purchases have brought me represents great value when compared to the amounts spent on holidays and entertainment

Platinum Member
    Hi Ferrah, With three closets full of clothes and 130+ pairs of shoes I haven't reached that point yet.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hey, when does any girl have enough?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

When your closets are full or you run out of money.
    Hugs, Carole

I ALWAYS TELL MY SELF ..THAT IS TOO MUCH. And suddenly I find myself buying some more ...it is like a thirst to an urge to satisfy my hunger to CD ...

I need to buy lingerie's , shoes , make up ..as if I want to keep turning in circles of the CDs world...

To remind me I'm a woman , I belong to the other feminine world ...Love it when I buy a new item ,,try it at home ,,,,

even take some pictures to make sure I have imprinted it into my oblivion world ...Love to keep on adding to my Collection ..not enough ,,,still thirsty with almost now two wardrobes and even more ....is it a sickness ...I do not know ...But sure it is a pleasure ...
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    comfortable with your purchasing and you aren't endangering your financial health
    This says it all IMO.

agree with nadine. its a typical girl problem isn't it...
    Girls just want to have fun. Yes also the GG ones

On a fixed low income, it is a burden, and challenge, to be content with 25 dresses! Times are tough, jobs are scarce, is going up in price. Surviving and dressing!

Well I have what could be called 'enough' stuff. So I'm being fussier lately and buying fewer but more expensive items.