Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so nervous!

I'm so nervous!

Going to try to go to a store DRESSED! For the first time. OMG! OK, take a deep breath. Whew. OK , I can do this. Hopefully I make it in time.

Gold Member
    Tammy;
    Not to worrier, all they care about is the color of your money and if the credit card
    will be accepted. So wear something casual and comfy, and have a great time.
    Rader

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    it is always good to be fashionably late........

Good luck, dear! I hope it all goes well for you

Heading to the store for the first time was a big step for me too. I swear it must have taken a bazillion baby steps though. I'd go for long walks along dead end roads, parks and other places without humans... Thicken up your skin, dress to blend and put on the 'tude like you were meant to be there.

Tell us how it goes.... and remember, if you don't take pictures it never really happened. You don't need to share the pics with us but these girls really love them.....

Renne.....

Good for you! Wish I had your bravery. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Haven't gotten the nerve to shop en femme yet, but success stories give me hope.

Hopefully it goes well for you.

Just don't let your hair fall off when you dive in between a couple of clothing racks.

Be careful of savage women wanting to tear your hair out at sales time.

Apart from that don't lose your hair thinking about it and have a good time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good luck, share with us your experience. I went out to a store for the first time about a month ago if not less, and it went pretty well. I also went through a mcdonalds drive thru, that didn't go as well.

Let us know how it goes! My best advice is to slow down and enjoy the experience like a GG. Flitting from one rack to another like a scared bird is suspicious!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Crossdresser
    You're going to be nervous. There is no helping that. It's how you function when nervous that matters. Try to look confident and not suspicious, that will give you away quick. Make eye contact, smile, and walk slowly. Enjoy your first outing.

I'm nervous for you! Good luck. Tell us how it goes.

I am nervous for you as well, good luck and I hope all goes well for you. You are a braver girl than me for sure !

Wish you the best of luck ...Please inform us what happens next ......We are more anxious to see what is the result ....
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Try to relax chances are its goingvto be a positive experience.Last week I wore a 3 inch pair of heels out shopping and was thrilled when on two separate ocassions sales staff seemed genuine in complementing me on shoes and asking where I bought them.Please note I was wearing jeggings a pretty blouse and a spring jacket, oh yeah and a goatee.Have fun!
    Micayla

Yes, relax, breath, stand proud and don't let them talk down to you. The first time is always the worst and it becomes easyer after that. WOW.

Any advice on how to handle crossdressing and professional career. I worry about being found out and losing my career.

Good luck! Try to enjoy hunting for cool clothes! And just keep in mind.. there might always be the chance of a rude SA, but seriously.. 99% of the stores want your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy_blueyes View Post
    Any advice on how to handle crossdressing and professional career. I worry about being found out and losing my career.
    Rule #1: Don't get caught if you could lose your career!
    Rule #2: See Rule #1
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

The first time out was definitely the hardest. I thought my heart was going to burst from my chest when i was sitting in the parking lot deciding if I was actually going to get out of the car, but once I opened the door and went for it everything was just fine. Good luck

I haven't done that yet. I'd rather not go it alone the first time. I get embarrased just shopping in male mode. Gotta have shoes that are good to walk in. Have fun Tammy.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I hope it went well. I have told myself I will do it within the next two months. Hearing all these beuatiful ladies having done it gives me courage to do it!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The first time is always the most stressful but it gets easier each time you do it.
    Now I don't even think about it. If I dress I go out and do whatever I want to.

Banned Read only
    Well, it is almost 8:00pm. You should have made your trip by now or had a heart attack and are in the hospital. I hope it went well and you found some great bargains.

Sorry for the long wait ladies, I apologize. The night didn't go as planned but for the most part OK. When I get home from work I'll give you "The rest of the story".

We all wait in anticipation