Thread: That funny little smile again !

Banned Read only

That funny little smile again !

I had to go to a minor injuries centre with a sore heel, thought I'd chipped a bone. The nurse checked it over then looked at me with that funny little I've read you smiles, my toenails aren't painted but she saw my shaved legs, I just smiled back. I don't know if others have noticed but their attitudes tend to soften slightly.
    Its one of those little things I like about CDing, that I know your secret smile !

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Maybe your Nurse likes cyclists.

Hell-o Teresa, I haven't experienced, or noticed, that particular "smile" yet!
    I have had a few inquisitive stares from people, A few times walking the street in San Francisco for sure.
    One guy about sprained his neck as we passed each other on the sidewalk, he had a CD groomed look as well
    and he was probably trying to figure out if he knew me.
    So you didn't tell us how the heel is, was the bone chipped?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Silver Member
    Teresa, As it has been said many times "most medical people have seen it all before", but maybe not with you! Some of us still continue to "hide" our feminine side, but still get those funny little smiles. Enjoy.

I have had the "smile" from unexpected sources and do wonder if it is a "knowing" smile.

Just messes with my brain and I get on with it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

People just don't give a rat's ass about males with shaved legs. It is more about your fear and feeling self-conscious than about what others think.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I am confused. So someone saw you shaved your legs and then smiled at you. Does that mean she knows you cross dress? So does anyone who shaves their legs cross dress?

When we are in hiding, I think we over think what people think. We tend to think that everything is a tell and that people will know for sure that we cross dress. Sometimes for fun now, I do the same thing. My wife and I saw some guy with shorts on and he had shaved legs. I bumped my wife and said check out his legs. We then had fun speculating about all of the potential reasons he might have for doing so, and how cross dressing was probably the least plausible explanation of all of them.

I think people are either becoming more tolerable or they just don't care what people do or who they like. I see gay people walking together with no one carrying. A few years ago they they would not have been treated do nice. I walked in shorts with shaved legs and nobody has ever said anything.

I don't get it; did you have visible stubble?
    I have never had leg hair and don't recall anyone outside my immediate family ever commenting on it (my sisters were jealous). Perhaps I was oblivious.
    Sounds like CD paranoia to me. Why in heaven would anyone care?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Read only
    Ok this was a simple thread about knowing I'd been read by a nurse who had probably seen it all before, I'd forgotten about my legs because we were talking about my injury so when she looked up my leg and started to smile the penny dropped.
    We talk about understanding and acceptance and I saw this as a small step in the right direction !

Krystyn you are as bad as my wife suggesting that I've been wearing the wrong sort of shoe !
    The injury was actually a long thorn embedded in my heel.
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-29-2014 at 01:04 PM.

I was sitting in the dentists chair one day when the Dr. asked me about the hot pink 'sparkly' nail polish around my cuticle..
    I brushed it off as a 'mixture of paints' I had been using, but she smiled knowingly.. hope she did anyhow!!
    I often thought about going to my next appointment en-femme, but chickened out..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!