Thread: Thinking of coming out to a GG friend

Thinking of coming out to a GG friend

The more I reflect on my life and it's current state, the more I realize it feels... Hollow. I think it's due to me never being able to fully express myself as I am as a whole. A few weeks ago I would never have dreamed of telling anyone for fear of the consequences but the more I read on this site the more people I see making it work with their girlfriends/wives, and it made me realize that there is hope for a happier, fuller existence.

So I've been contemplating coming out to a GG friend of mine. She's been my best friend for nearly a decade and we're very close. She's one of the most open and understanding people I've ever met, so of anyone would accept me for who I am, I think it would be her.

But I'm still completely nervous about it. As understanding a person as she is, you never know how people are going to react. I'm hoping to come out of this with someone to talk to about these things (don't get me wrong, all of you ladies are completely wonderful and SOOOO helpful, but sometimes I want someone who knows me personally to connect with about it), but I'm afraid that she may be cool with it, but not want to discuss it any further, which in the end will defeat the purpose of me coming out.

StacyLynn,
    I hope things go well for you. If you GG friend is as open minded as you say thing will probably be ok. She will be shocked for a a little while, but will probably get over it. I have been lucky that most of the people I have told have been accepting. They look at the person that they know and have appreciated my honesty and trust I had in telling them. Good Luck!
    Dana M

Miss Stacy, girl, you know her better than anyone else,it is great when you have a GG to talk to about being a girl, but be ready for the same old questions we all have heard, One is our you gay?, it always happens,but after you get pass that woman just what to know more why you like to be a girl even as a part time thing. Stacy I wish you the best up there, by the way I send you the wind I tired of it here. by the way girl I must say I love your name. hugs,
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    go for it......worst case scenerio.....find another gal pal......

Platinum Member
    As stated before, you're in the best position to judge her ability to accept you. On the facts as you have presented them, it seems likely that she would. I had a similar situation a couple of years ago. I came out to a long time GG friend and former coworker. We talked by phone first and, she later met for dinner. With her consent, I dressed. It went as well as I could ever have imagined, but then I knew she was a really tolerant and open minded person. She's still a very close friend. We don't get to see each other often, as she Moved to another state.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Stacy, It's better to come out to a GF and take a chance on loosing her then taking a chance on loosing a wife.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have thought about it before but didn't want to turn it into some "announcement".

Lately I have just felt like letting my GG friends come over and watch as they take in my wig collection, which no longer fits in the hallway closet.

It might be fun to watch their facial expressions as their minds begin cycling through all the associations and labels:

*****wigs*****crossdresser******gay*********perv** ******trans******freak*******cool*****wow*********

Suffice it to say, I am still very private.

Dear Stacy ...If it so important to you to confine to a close friend to let the steam out and you are sure she wont tell or expose you ,,,Then Go for it .....But watch it ..Once you tell The secret is out ,,,It means if you have a fight with her ,,she might ,,,,Well announce it to the public ......
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Stacy,
    You may feel alone, but your life is not hollow.
    You do have friends but be careful who you make your confidante.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My own experience was overwhelmingly positive. But I will say it does depend on the nature of your relationship. If your relationship resembles that of a normal female to female friendship then I wouldn't see a problem. When I told my BFF she simply wondered why I took so long about it although she had assumed I was actually gay. It was the same with other women when they found out. Not only that they completely accepted me as one of them afterwards.

If only I could have the same relationship with my wife.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stacy,

I am out to several GG friends and male friends. With the exception of a couple of negative reactions (male friends) I have had nothing but good results. However, you know your friend best and I would recommend you be sure because once the box is open, it cannot be closed as you won't own that information anymore.

Hugs

Isha

Hi,

To take ownership of who you are is allways going to bring with it detail. and yes some people dont or wont understand . plus some dont see passed what they see and wont take it further,

yet there are others who wont be surprised at all if / when you tell them allso they may allready know,

What it comes down to is how strong a person are you. to take the flack .

some times you dont need to say a word , just add little things to your apperance , theres lots of ways to do it , then as they see little things about you they then may ask you instead.

...noeleena...

Go for it and good luck to you I remember when I told my GG friends they were great about hearing about it and very supportive I hope your friends are the same way for you