Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My SO's three shocks in a day

...don't think about it too much - just go and follow your wife's lead, and maybe ask her what if?.... .......................Debra

I say go and have fun with it. If you happen to bump into these girls from work, Just say you lost a bet and this was part of the bet, taking your wife while dressed as a woman to attend a women expo, I'm sure your wife can vouch for that. But I certainly understand the concern about being recognized.

Have you told your wife about this concern with your co-workers? Your co-workers are the kind of people who would be interested in something like that show, and you might be surprised to find out that they accept your kind of interest in it, because other people like you go to these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Elwood View Post
    be careful, you don't want to lose your job over this.
    I don't think it will cost Me my job persay but the ribbing and such would become unbearable. I am already the butt of all kinds of ribbing because they know I am going to this thing, imagine if they knew the whole story.....

Quote Originally Posted by noeleena View Post
    The detail that stands out to me is you not wanting to be found out, Hmmm.... okay yet your SO is okay with that, so why not go.
    I am going, just not dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle V View Post
    I know that with my wife by my side I can do anything, how about you? I wonder if you don't go for it will you regret it forever and will your SO be so open again?
    Nope but I am at least honest about it lol I just accepted that THIS is me about a year ago....I still have hurdles that need jumping, not to say that this wouldn't be a good one to try, but I am just not at that point yet.

I will probably regret it for sure but My SO is very supportive, there will be another time and another place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    you could probably walk right up to them and ask the time, get an answer, and walk away and they'd be none the wiser. JoAnne is not expected to be Joe - their brains won't process the convergence unless you really make a scene.
    I don't really have a femme voice. I have practiced but haven't developed one. The one time that I have been out, to Janet's Closet, I just used my male voice. It's not overly deep but it's not feminine either. The minute I spoke to either....they would know.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnsheila View Post
    maybe you look different enough where they would not recognize you?
    I am told that but I am my own worst critic. Once I spoke though it's all out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by natalie_cheryl View Post
    If you do go and your wife or you happen to see these women what do you expect the consequences would be? If any? I personally would have thought that a guy in drab at a Women's expo asks more questions about yourself than them seeing you in femme at a Women's expo
    You know I have been thinking about this for two weeks now. The consequences, especially at work, would be endless ribbing and who knows what else. I don't know how the family would react as they are a wishy washy bunch. If I got spotted en femme by either of these two co workers, the whole world might as well know....whether that's a good thing or a bad one is unknown but I feel in my gut that this isn't the time to find out.

I agree with the male at a women's convention comment that's why I am sort of having mixed emotions about even going but the up side is that i will have fun without anyone knowing it

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill View Post
    Have you told your wife about this concern with your co-workers?
    Yes we have discussed it and she said that if I didn't feel comfortable doing it, I probably shouldn't. She just wanted to offer me the opportunity figuring we were an hour and half out and chances of knowing anyone would be slim. It was her suggestion that I bring a bag and change afterwards to enjoy a bit of time outside femme.

Just so everyone knows reading this, I do plan on going and having a nice day out with my SO no matter what anyone thinks (at the convention) I just probably won't do it en femme. To many risks involved. I do plan on dressing afterwards though and going out somewhere if time permits. I certainly will take pics

Thanks for all the feedback
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 04-30-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

So, the problem is what? Everyone should have your problems!
    Hugs, Carole

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Go dressed but at different times than your co-workers

joanne, i always love your look and think that you are gorgeous!! your wife is an amazing person! such a shame that you can't go dressed
    i have a feeling that if you did run into someone that you knew while dressed, they would think you look fantastic and probably want to know
    where you shop!!
    paula

Sandra, unfortunately, the best freebies, according to my SO are on the first day and shortly after they open. She doesn't want to miss them.

Thank you Paula your too kind
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Joanne.....so cool about your S O very very cool hon

My So knows both of these other women so they would recognize her in a minute which would get me outed just the same
    Totally get that now that I live here and people know ME we come across this too and things we used to do are a bit harder to do because of me. We have still gone to local things but I have had people see me and run over to hug me ect....we just seperate...but it is stressfull. Most the time now we go a town away.....maybe your wife might want to take a drive and have a picnic in the near furure since she was so open.

Your post makes me happy.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Thank You Di My SO is so great that it is beyond words. I have only heard of a handful of wives that are the same and I have a great friend that rivals my SO in acceptance, support and everything else. Believe me, I know how blessed I have been to have found her and that goes way beyond the CDing.

We are actually planning on a drive tomorrow after the convention and have already packed my bag Where that road leads, we'll find out Thanks again

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    One persons problem is another persons dream come true. But, I do,understand the hesitation. But it is still a good problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    You know I have been thinking about this for two weeks now. The consequences, especially at work, would be endless ribbing and who knows what else. I don't know how the family would react as they are a wishy washy bunch. If I got spotted en femme by either of these two co workers, the whole world might as well know....whether that's a good thing or a bad one is unknown but I feel in my gut that this isn't the time to find out.

Yes we have discussed it and she said that if I didn't feel comfortable doing it, I probably shouldn't. She just wanted to offer me the opportunity figuring we were an hour and half out and chances of knowing anyone would be slim. It was her suggestion that I bring a bag and change afterwards to enjoy a bit of time outside femme.
    Apologies if this has been asked and I just didn't see it, but I have to ask how well your wife knows your two co-workers. Is it possible that your co-workers would be more open to meeting Joanne than you currently fear? (I'm guessing perhaps not, but that might be an unplanned benefit of the invitation from your wife.)

Andrea, Sorry I guess I should have added that detail at some point. We all worked together at one time. She actually knew them before I did. She doesn't work there any more but she is still good friends with one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    Thank You Di My SO is so great that it is beyond words. I have only heard of a handful of wives that are the same and I have a great friend that rivals my SO in acceptance, support and everything else. Believe me, I know how blessed I have been to have found her and that goes way beyond the CDing.

We are actually planning on a drive tomorrow after the convention and have already packed my bag Where that road leads, we'll find out Thanks again
    Joanne, indeed those of us with supportive SO's and wives are SO fortunate. Enjoy the ride!!

... and maybe ... just maybe ... you'll see something at the convention you really like....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I don't pass in any way. But if I got what you just got I'd so be there.
    Angie

Hey Joanne we are looking forward for you pics...
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Guessing if your SO suggested you go 'dressed', she has no fears of you being recognized by your coworkers, or doesn't care..
    Personally, I'd 'pack a bag' and do the 'after' thing, but go in DRAB to the show..
    As often as my wife says "lets go out now" while I'm dressed, and I beg off, the stuff at work would be a real grind if the Co-Workers are anything like my step-daughter can be.... Horrors! I'm looking forward to a weekend out, but we will avoid exposure to my co-workers.. I'd love for some of them to 'know', but others can make like difficult.. IMHO.. Have fun whatever your choice..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

If you don't go dressed, you will wake up the next day wishing yu had. Life is to short for regrets

I had disappointments... http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...4-Women-s-expo but I wouldn't call them regrets. I have been blessed with my SO's love and support and can dress pretty much whenever I want, inside or out, for as long as I want. There will be another time, place, and opportunity. I think I made the right call not going there dressed but that's the fear talking