Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My SO's three shocks in a day

My SO's three shocks in a day

Well, My SO has been full of surprises lately. She never ceases to amaze me as to how well she is with all of this. Had I known I may have shared this side of me with her a long time ago but hindsight is 20/20 as it is with everything in life.

Last week she asked me to take May 1st off. I was thinking...anniversary? someone's Birthday? What am I forgetting here? as she seldom asks me to day any one certain day off. Turns out that she bought two tickets to the 2014 Women's expo. Talk about shock but when I asked who the second ticket was for her reply was "Joanne" which was the bigger shock.

I have mixed feelings about this, the femme side is giddy as all get to go see new products, clothes, and maybe learn some techniques (if I can without outing myself) but I feel that I may be way out of place there as I will certainly be in drab. I voiced this to her and then came the next shock...she suggested I go dressed.

That certainly is a no go. While I may be about an hour and a half from home, there are some people going there that I know of that I surely don't want to know anything about my femme side. If these two shocks weren't enough, the third was the suggestion that I "bring a bag" and we'll go to some nice area and I can get some outside time and she'll take some pictures.

That is a strong possibly as I haven't had a chance to dress in about a week now. I am hoping that time permits it but I guess it all depends on how much time we spend at the expo. One of our favorite stores reopened this last week and I am dying to go there and see what new stuff they have.

I don't have any questions or such....just wanted to vent about this a bit as it makes me think a bit and ow, it hurts lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I'm now pounding my head on the desk and saying over and over.....why couldn't this be me?

Silver Member
    Your SO is wonderful in stating the "extra ticket is for Joanne"! Unless you are comfortable and confident with your complete feminine presentation, please be cautious about revealing too much to too many! Enjoy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would say damn the torpedoes and go dressed anyway.

Chari, I'm not all that comfortable but I am told that I do present very nicely. I think it's just the fear that keeps me from just heading out the door on any given day.

Tracii, I have been thinking about it the last couple of days since she gave me the tickets but it keeps coming back to a couple of co workers going to the same expo on the same day that keeps me from seriously considering it. They both have big mouths and I don't need that attention. I am packing a bag though just in case.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Will the coworkers recognize your wife? I ask as that is the most likely source of being outed. We think we look the same, but more often than not, when dressed though we may not pass as the perfect girl, we would rarely be recognized as our males selves. But our wives on the other hand will most likely be dressed as themselves and thus easily recognized by anyone that knows them. So, if no one that knows her is going, then I agree with Tracii.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Joanne, I know how you must feel. I'm a few weeks away from my first time going out dressed. It's something I never, ever thought I would possibly do, but it's happening with the support and friendship I've found here. Part of me is saying, "You're doing WHAT?!?" and is terrified, and another part of me is thrilled with the idea and can't stop thinking about it. I never felt a need to go out dressed, but I simply can't pass up this opportunity to find out, "What if?" You're very lucky to have this kind of support

Nadine, My So knows both of these other women so they would recognize her in a minute which would get me outed just the same. Some days I just wish I could say to hell with it and just do it but not this week I am grateful enough just to get some outside time if the weather and time affords it. Oh and Nice blog

Julie, that's exactly how I feel hon. You know that this may never come around again, or if it does, it would be such a long time off that you'll have many regrets until the next time even if you pass the next time also. I hold too many regrets over missed opportunities now.

You may not have ever thought you'd go out my friend but the experience of it is beyond words. Go and have fun even if all you do is walk around in a secluded area. A word of warning though.....once you have this experience, you'll want it time and time again. Don't be surprised how much you want it once your back in the house

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks Joanne. Yeah I go out all the time, but if it is someplace that people would recognize my wife, I choose not to. So I totally know where you are coming from.

Then just go as a guy and don't worry about feeling out of place. I am sure the guy to girl ratio will heavily favor women, but you get to be that cool husband that is willing to go with his wife to support her and take an interest in her things. And besides, what a cool gift from obviously a very cool wife, so go enjoy yourself and revel in the fem convention.

Platinum Member
    Oh, be a good sport and do it!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Joanne, If I ever get an offer like that I will be dressed and setting in the car ready to go.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Joanne, If I ever get an offer like that I will be dressed and setting in the car ready to go.
    That about sums up my feelings on it. I would not do anything intentionally on my own to be outed but if my wife is with me, under her terms, and her ideas, nothing anyone else says will matter that day.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Joanne, I'd jump at a chance to be out and about enfemme with someone you know and love. I got the opportunity to spend an entire day with my mom last fall shopping at an upscale mall in the southern part of Denver and then visiting the IKEA store. We made a system of being able to separate if we saw someone either of us knew, just a simple, 'it was nice to meet you, have a wonderful afternoon, I must be going now' and then walking away and then meeting up in a different part of the store. We figued if someone saw one of us, we'd just pass it off as a casual meeting of another shopper. Although we never got the opportunity to use it, I'd do it again if I have the chance.

Sounds like a load of fun. I hope you enjoy it!

My suggestion would be to go en femme, and make sure your SO introduces you as a friend, if you run into those coworkers. Of course, the obvious route would be to avoid them if possible, but have a back up plan.

Your SO is a wonderful gal. I would go dressed. You will have such a great time, and probably learn so much. You might be surprised that when there you feel like you are right at home.
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    as it makes me think a bit and ow, it hurts lol
    That's why I stopped thinking years ago, it hurts too much!

Loan your wife a wig, you'd be surprised how many people won't recognize her any more. But be careful, you don't want to lose your job over this.
    Last edited by Jenny Elwood; 04-30-2014 at 06:25 AM.

Hi,

makes life interesting ,

The detail that stands out to me is you not wonting to be found out, Hmmm.... okay yet your SO is okay with that, so why not go.

Iv been to a few and have helped out at one ,I wellcomed people in and made sure every one who had a stall were okay, if any thing was needed i did it,

the other was a very large do again im involved with womens groups so some know me ,well most do.

Im sure you'd be far better than i at dressing and look like just another woman there id go for it take the lead from your SO.and have fun , dont miss out ,

hey i enjoy being with our groups and i get to meet so many people as well.

...noeleena...

I would say if it doesn't bother her and she obviously thought this out ahead of time go as Joanne, then again it isn't me being exposed to people I know. It feels like this could be Joanne's presentation to the rest of the world, I know that with my wife by my side I can do anything, how about you? I wonder if you don't go for it will you regret it forever and will your SO be so open again?

Several here have the right idea, especially Alexis -- I use the same plan. Your co-workers would not be expecting to find "Joe" if they see JoAnne with the wife. Unless you shriek "all is lost, woe is me" at the top you your lungs in your male voice upon seeing the co-workers, you can just slip away while they take up conversation with your wife. As is often said here, people don't see what they don't expect. You in full femme - they don't expect it, they won't focus on it unless you draw undue attention, and you could probably walk right up to them and ask the time, get an answer, and walk away and they'd be none the wiser. JoAnne is not expected to be Joe - their brains won't process the convergence unless you really make a scene.

I urge you, DO NOT allow this great gift from your wife to slip away. You'll regret it immediately and spend a great deal of time and energy second guessing yourself.

All of this IMHO.

Good luck and best regards (and get pictures of yourself at the Woman's Expo and post 'em).

We're all pulling for you.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

There have been similar stories of a change of heart by women to their partner's dressing habits.

As good as it may be I would still find it hard to get my head around.

Really messes with my brain, "If I think about it."

As I have said before not too much deep thinking here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    That certainly is a no go. While I may be about an hour and a half from home, there are some people going there that I know of that I surely don't want to know anything about my femme side.
    So what if bu some fluke, you get spotted,, just say "Well, you know, When in Roam...."

I wish and pray my wife would be like this. I would be a dream cone true if my wife wanted to go out with me while I am in woman mode. I would not mid being seen by friends but to each is their own... maybe you look different enough where they would not recognize you?

If it were me (and a very jealous me right now lol) I wouldnjust say t hell with it and go, but that is me not you. If you do go and your wife or you happen to see these women what do you expect the consequences would be? If any? I personally would have thought that a guy in drab at a Women's expo asks more questions about yourself than them seeing you in femme at a Women's expo

I would be cautious, but at the same time you can also figure out an excuse like you lost a bet with her or plant the seeds early on that your wife is going there with your cousin (have a name prepared) and you'll be out with the guys golfing. I would think going in drab would attract more attention. Also these shows are huge, you never see people you know...but if you do, just look past them, stay cool and walk away as if you don't know them. Later on you make some comment that your wife and cousin spent too much again and next time you are dragging them out golfing instead.
    Chickie