Thread: What if you born around the year 2000?

What if you born around the year 2000?

Do you feel being born around the year 2000 would change the way you'd handle your crossdressing considering the Internet and what you know now if you had the knowledge.

Interesting question.

The internet is a great source of information and im sure it would help knowing that you really aren't alone in the world. Would also dramatically speed up the makeup learning curve.
    On the negative side you can spend a lifetime on youtube and be very distracted from school work etc. Its really hard to shock todays kids since they have seen it all on the net when their parents are in the other room.

You mentioned 2000 but I think its really from 1990 onwards. By the time you would be 10 (year 2000) the internet has really taken off.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

Absolutely...
    With so much information available it would have been so much easier to free myself of the guilt and shame I felt for so many years and to accept myself so much easier.
    Beyond that who knows what path I may have followed.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Even being born in 1949 the world has always changed. If you didn't have a burr haircut and buster brown shoes, suspenders, and rolled up cuffs in the bottom of your jeans you were not in the cool crowd. Even then we had moms who wore the girdles, hose, makeup and all the frilly bonnets with every article of under clothing being very silky/ nylon white. During that time was where I learned I wanted to dress in moms clothing. Every generation has its thing it seems.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Absolutely. I would be fourteen and have slim legs (that I love when I crossdress), baby's bottom skin (that I hate - WHEN am I gonna ever get a beard!?! But love in a dress), no spare tire (that on the today me keeps coming back!), a full head of hair (that I would wear like Justin Bieber much to my dad's chagrin), no money, have to sneak my mom's and sister's clothes, no idea that real full transformation CDing existed because my world would be limited to my junior high school. my smart phone, Twitter, and my friends. Everything outside of what school and the media spoon feeds me might as well be Klingon. Even though Klingon is ancient history and because it isn't the most interesting thing of fame in the last two and a half minutes, I would have no idea what Klingon is. My knowledge would be expansive, I would know just about everything, because I would get good grades. And by the import that my parents put on that, by the way school dictates my life, everyone's life around me, even dictates my parent's lives and when they can take vacation, by the way school is validating my fallacy that I know everything necessary, I would live in a fantasy world with NO knowledge about CDing. Because I would not waste my time finding out about something that I am not getting tested on. Gee whiz!
    Whew!

I go OUT enfemme a lot. Pretty much weekly. I find that, for the most part, young people in their twenties and older are much more tolerant than younger or much older people. Tween girls can be judgemental, after all they know everything. Tween boys don't seem to care, maybe because not showing interest in anything is first nature. Older women are less tolerant. Homophobes are homophobes. There are surprises. The Grand Rapids Crossdresser Group was leaving a family sports bar and as I walked by one table the 30s woman asked me where I bought my dress which she liked. She and her husband had been politely observing our table of ten. Then on the other side of the bar, as I was passing by, two early 50s ladies, with beaming smiles, asked me a bunch of polite and enthusiastic questions while their husbands smiled and seemed to enjoy the festivities. So age does not always effect the interaction like we expect. I just work with what they give me.

But to answer your question:
    If I was fourteen, and a boy, and a crossdresser, I would likely still be terrified that my mother and older sister would find out about my sneaking their clothes. I would be terrified that my dad would kill me if he found out. I would be humiliated if it got out at school. And I would be scouring the internet for answers. But much of what I would find would scare me at what my feelings may lead to. So the internet, with all of it's extreme images and information, inundating the moderate and most likely scenarios, might be too much information for my child's mind. Maybe I would live in greater fear as a result. Perhaps it would be better to have understanding parents and a mom who supplied me with a dress, undies, stockings and shoes, knowing that I may or may not "grow out of it" but making a big deal out of it solves nothing. Probably most of the issues that a CDer from way back would still apply through junior high, high school, and in the college dorm. Thereafter in my own apartment, when I have financial independence, in my new town away from family, everything would be MUCH easier. Which is the reason for all the words in the first two paragraphs.

Gold Member
    If I was born in 2000; I would have made more attention to my weight and the stock
    market.
    Rader

Perhaps but I wouldn't be able to be a member here as I'd only be 14.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

With entirely different attitudes to thirty years ago and the information on the internet, I am sure life would be very different.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sort of like asking "if you were born in the year 1967 would that alter your view on race?"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If i was born on the year 2000 i would have come out sooner and try to be on HRT to prevent T from taking hold. It will be nice to be able to go through a female puberty and be on my way to srs once im of legal age.

Banned Read only
    Yeah, if I were 13 now, I'd be out to my parents about being female, and working on transitioning through puberty. Unfortunately, I was 13 in 1976 instead, and it was a different world.

Things would absolutely be a lot different but lets push the calendar back a bit more, like say, 1992. I would definitely be a woman now and I would've sought out support from other authority figures. That's all stuff I didn't have as a kid. All I had back then was criticism and that's why I've always try to keep this part of my life very secret.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i started dressing when the internet was in its infancy.....there was some information...but NOTHING like it is today......today you can learn fast...it is a big advantage for the younger gals for sure.....

Although things have changed dramatically, Its hard to answer that because at 14 we don't have the years or decades of life experience that we all have that makes us who we are. At 14 we are still babbies. Tho times have changed, the young mind hasn't much and I'm sure a lot of us would still have a hard time comeing out as a CD or TS or Woman or whatever even now. Peers and Parents still play a big role in what young people pursue or not.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Do you feel being born around the year 2000 would change the way you'd handle your crossdressing
    YEAH BIG TIME, i WOULD HAVE MISSED OUT ON THE GOLDEN AGE OF FEMININE DRESSING From THE LATE 50'S TO 60'S WITH WIGS, BOUFFANT, MAKEUP, HOSIERY LINGERIE,HEELS, COCKTAIL DRESSES PETTICOATS ETC. , Think Lawrence Welk Show girls NO WAY WOULD i WANT TO START THAT LATER IN LIFE. I'D BE 14 YRS OLD , no makeup and or not caring about , not knowing what a stocking or garter belt was, not own ing one pair of pantyhose and wearing sweats,leggings, flip flops, yoga pants, body disfigured with gross later regretting tattoos . NO... NO WAY

Quote Originally Posted by feelikeagirl View Post
    If i was born on the year 2000 i would have come out sooner and try to be on HRT to prevent T from taking hold. It will be nice to be able to go through a female puberty and be on my way to srs once im of legal age.
    You would never go through female puberty. You have no uterus or ovaries. The absolute best you could hope for would be a life similar to Kim Petras, the teen TS girl in Germany. However, that would have been acceptable to me had I the option when I was oh, 10. It wouldn't have been perfect, but I would have been better off than with the life I've had. Now I'm going to get some flak for this, people complaining that I've stated openly that I'm not TS. But at that age, I could have gone either way, and retrospectively, living with crossdressing and hoping to find a female mate is just about as bad as it can get. If you can transition at an early age and so avoid all the testosterone masculinization, at least you can appear to be a normal girl. And that's all anyone can really ask for.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    Hi Debbie, It's amazing what the internet has done for our program.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think the difference it would make is less time feeling completely alone, repressing and wishing away these feelings. It would have meant realizing far, far earlier that there are others out there to share experiences with.
    Can you zip me up?

Absolutely, the internet changed the world. Could you imagine writing, and mailing letters to everyone here to discuss all of this? Knowledge and education about anything, can only improve your ability to do anything. Back in the day a library was your best source for info, where I grew up, yeah, no library other than the one at my school. I doubt very much that there were any books in it that had anything at all to do with transgender or CDing.
    How do I get a do over?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Hi.

Hard and tough as it was in 11, 8 ,1947 , im still glad i was born then , no i did not need information about myself and no it would not have helped me in any way at all fact being it would have made my life a living hell . i knew about myself and knew to keep my mouth shut so tight, and not say a word about my difference, being intersex,

in fact we do have far more info today yet and more acceptance yet over the last few years i have found really on the surface it appear's to be better its not world wide, the info is there just many dont wont to know or understand the issues it brings for us .

being born different and being accepted i belive here in our County we are better off i know i am .

Plus to get where i am now i needed to go through what i did,

...noeleena...

Whenever I see a thread on this topic I get kind of depressed. My life would have been entirely different if I were born in the 90's or 2000's. My youngest child (daughter) was born in 1998. She recently found out about me by choice. My ex wife and her current husband ( who is accepting to the point of accompanying me in public when I am out as Danielle) talked to her and showed her some pictures at my request. She was fully accepting immediately. My 16 year old niece was the same way. She made the statement that this is so cool and she wished that I was her dad ! My 15 yr old used my makeup and brushes to get ready before we went out tonight. The point is that the younger generation is much more accepting. I would have came out when I was their age and if possible got on T blockers to avoid this 6 ft frame, man hands and man feet that I am now stuck with.