Thread: Felt Like A Girl In High School

Felt Like A Girl In High School

Did you wish that you were a girl when you were in High school. I did back in the day in 1972. At that time all the girls in my class wore tights underneath their school socks. I so much wanted to be like them. I was very sensitive and quiet and all the boys used to make fun of me. However deep down I really liked it as I had crushes on some of the other boys. I got teased for going to shorthand and typing classes one boy said I probably went to these classes because I wanted to be a pretty secretary with a short skirt when I grew up. I protested but secretly I liked it. It was very frustrating listening to the girls talking about what they would wear outside school. I really wish I could have been one of them and joined them.

Gold Member
    I was 7 years before you;
    All the girls wore the same Uniform; Green and ugly
    Rader

I did get to play Lacrosse with the girls, they needed an extra and they gave me a uniform to wear.

Funny, I enjoyed that and the after game party with the girls.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

For much of high school, I thought I was a girl, I was just waiting for god to fix me and make me the girl I was supposed to be. As such, I just sort of avoided as much contact with others as I could, all the time watching the girls so I would know how to behave after I got 'fixed'. I really believed it was going to happen. As kids, we're trained to believe in all sorts of magical things, all at the work of god. It wasn't until I found science that I realized that it was never going to occur.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For sure, when I was in Highschool I was always looking at what the girls were wearing.
    I especially loved those great cheerleader outfits.
    We also had an opposite sex day where the girls dressed as guys and guys as girls
    I was too scared to participate but wanted to so bad

At many times in my life I wanted to be female. But I do have a lot of male inside me.

Its just one of the realities of life you have no choice but to accept. Not everything you want will happen, often in spite of your deepest desires.

I felt like I was a girl when I was in high school too. I had a lot of childhood gender feelings that I wasn't sure what they were and I didn't understand much of it until I reflected back on my past and started putting two and two together.

I started having frequent feelings that I'm really a girl on the inside starting at age 13, when the testosterone started rushing in my body. I recently discovered that five other things also started happening at age 13 too. They're all directly gender related. This doesn't count the fact that I experience 7 indirect dysphoria symptoms, which are basically depression and anxiety, which also got noticeably worse at age 13 too.

@Natalie - I'm sorry to tell you but you are powerless over your gender identity, whether you're male or female or something else. Hopefully you're right that you have a lot of male and will not need to transition, and be able to continue cross-dressing as you are now. If you discover you really do identify as female there is something called transition.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 05-01-2014 at 11:48 PM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Nannette,

Sorry but not me. When I was in high school I was busy looking at girls but not for what they were wearing . . . well yes in a way . . . but for other reasons Darn hormones ruling my life at that time. However, being a bit on the smaller side of the guy spectrum and a bit geeky, looking is about all I could do.

Hugs

Isha

i was the same in school always wished i could wear the girls uniform

I actually just put together a really cute school girl outfit. Plaid skirt with a white blouse. I've tried to find the socks that come up over the knee but so far I have been unsuccessful.

Even though I was much in the closet in my high school days, I did not think much about being a girl (except when I stole into my Mom's closet). Like Isha, I was a geeky type who though about girls a lot, more thought than activity. Now I think a lot of that fascination was about what females were. I always wanted to be included in groups of girls, but of course never was. Looking back at it and some of my recollections (and this was in the late fifties / early sixties), I think I would have been a happier person if I had been a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Hi Nannette, Back in the day of the late 50s' & early 60s' the girls always dressed so nice in skirts sweaters and blouses
    I always wished that I could dress like them.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Felt like a girl in High School

Njcddresser,
    Go to any school uniform store and you will find the over the knee socks that you are looking for. I bought a complete school girl outfit from one And was even able to try on everything.
    Monique