Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel you look?

How do you feel you look?

When you are out and about totally en femme, do you feel that you want to look functional or is your aim to look dazzling as a woman? I tend to dress in a practical way for a woman my age but like to look nice. Of course I graciously accept any compliments. What about you?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have been up for and hour with GERD so I feel like I am 67, crappy and I need a shower and a shave.

My salvation today is that I get to hang with some of my girlfriends later today, refreshed, lookin' good and feelin' good as a 67 yo girl should wearing jeans, top and sandals having a glass of wine and talking about nothing important.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Banned Read only
    I am feeling better and better about how I look as I evolve towards my age-appropriate look. My last makeover really got close and the image in the mirror really seemed beautiful and natural to me. I'm mid-fifties, but look younger than most men my age, but a Personal Stylist.com friend showed me how to find my AAL. (Age appropriate look) the secret is in your eyes, they say your age and dressing too far away from that age looks....well, bad. We all see GG's do it. Why copy that error?

I feel that I look like a man in women's clothing but I love the feeling when dressed
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I want to look amazing! But I rarely achieve what I want.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I feel like I dress appropriate for my age group and try to blend in, I have tried going in the city with only the odd old lady stopping and given me the wtf look but other times went shopping and had the cashier chat my ear off and just assume she noticed....

Platinum Member
    I'm not particularly happy with the way I look, regardless of how I'm dressed. Of course, I do the best I can, but the results are underwhelming to say the least.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 05-02-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Jeez, these iPad substitutions!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I prefer to look "natural". I'm not trying to look like a model, just want to be the best person I can be.
    I dress for me and no one else and generally that's a casual look. Of course, if the occasion calls for it I can glam up and love every minute of it, but I enjoy all the time I spend dressed.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I try to pass as a woman and I sometimes succeed. So age-appropriate clothing, situation-appropriate clothing (no evening dresses to the mall) and hope for the best...

I am stuck on the late 1950's, to late i960's look, knee length, or just below knee length dresses and skirts, hose and heels. Not so common, except in downtown busness districts. In my town, there are town teen girls from a certain church, who walk all around town, in long dresses or skirts. What a rare and pleasant sight. Holloween, i went around town in a dress and raincoat, and got some looks. 60 years ago, dresses and skirt were the norm.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I like to look functional for the situation, but I like to look nice. So I am not made up all fancy like, but I do tend to dress a bit nicer than others around me. Not so much that I stand out from the crowd; I still blend, just on the slightly nicer end of the scale.

I am with Nadine. While I haven't perfected the look (yet) I prefer the dressy semi - casual look. Not so surprisingly this is how I also dress as a male.
    I really need to work on my signature...

When I am out I want to look the part - no extra attention but if any is incurred hopefully it is of the complimentary type - just want to "be" .......................Debra

Banned Read only
    Kate I usually don't have the time to fully dress but when I do I feel passable, I want to be out but usually take a drive at night, want to be braver !
    Most of the time feel very comfortable dressed with heels but only lipstick round the house.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Functional - yes. Dazzling - prolly not achievable for me lol - that being said, I was out the other day enfemme in a nice skirt and top, and the store clerk asked when i have to start work that day, so I took it that I musta looked presentable at least which was nice!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Functional, acceptable, nice and presentable.

I do think about passing but if I look similar to females wandering around out there, that'll do me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I dress to impress, even when I dress down. I don't understand anyone wanting to look like a slob
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If I'm realistic, "dazzling" isn't very likely for me. Next best is the goal of cute, put together, classy.
    Can you zip me up?

My goal is to look like a nicely dressed woman who is older but still doing her best (grin).
    Hugs, Carole

I've gone from wearing my sisters' skating skirt as a youngster, to sissy dresses (I have a bunch), to school girl skirts/outfits..
    Shorter pleated skirts and thigh highs at home, knee length skirts (or a tad shorter) etc. while attempting to go out!
    Try to blend, but almost no one in this town wears skirts/dresses.. SO says "you must be the only one"..
    She thinks I should do the jeans/boot look, but its just not the same..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

I am like Karren and Lorileah. I like to dress well and standout and be noticed in the crowd, but I am far from perfection and do not put in anywhere near the level of effort that Karren does to try to make everything perfect. Since I am about an 8 year old learning all this by actually dressing as a woman, I still love experimenting with different looks and clothing styles. So, my presentations are all over the place over time. Just ask Rachael Sloane.

Directly answering the question in the title of the thread, I feel very satisfied how I look even knowing that it could be better. I feel great dressed. Now, my presentation is only part of all this because my main goal is to go out dressed as I want and have a lot of fun doing that. And that is exactly what I do every time out!

I think for the most part we have a bunch of classy ladies here. Keep up the good work my friends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I feel that I look as someone enjoying his crossdressing in an outmost whimsical and fun manner. Whether the feminine appearance being magazine picture perfect or not. Hopefully it appears that way to others as well!

I had a transformation yesterday, which I will write about separately. The makeup artist told me that even though I will likely be doing my makeup in a close-up mirror right in front of me, be sure to periodically look at myself in a bigger mirror from farther away, because most people look at you from no closer than 2 feet.

So from 2 feet away, with the right make-up? I'm pretty good. Not 100% passable like some of the ladies that I have seen here, but my build is small and I at least come close (I'll be posting pics soon). One of the purposes of the makeover was also to get me into more age-appropriate and style-appropriate clothing. We went shopping en femme, to a yogurt shop, to a park for some pictures, and to dinner and at no time did I feel out of place. I felt comfortable and confident.

Do I look as amazing as I fantasize about? No. Do I look like I take it seriously instead of going for the shock effect? Yes. [Not to say that flamboyance and shock effect are bad, but it's not a look that says "I'm just trying to blend, mind my own business and have a pleasant day."].

I don't do dazzle well. I dress to look nice and respectable. The build and face is wrong, but truly I don't care if I'm read or not. If I am read at least they can say that at least I try my best to look nice.