Thread: Depressed

Depressed

Do you'll feel depressed about being a crossdresser? I feel so high at times, but then I feel that this is so ( I hate to use the term) not normal. Other than this forum, I feel so isolated from everyone. You are my only listeners on a journey that I feel I am alone. Sorry for being a downer tonight.

Dear Sabrina,

You are not alone. Many of us have gone through the elation/shame cycles. Do you have any support groups nearby where you can meet some like-minded individuals and get out a bit? That has meant the world to me in terms of realizing I was not alone.

Best,
    Caitlyn
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

--Jack Handy

Sorry Sabriana for the downer. Cross dressing is "normal" in the sense that there is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a dress. Our society has the abnormal view that it's wrong . We all get infected with this poisonous belied so we end up hating ourselves for absolutely no reason at all.

I would say embrace your dressing because you would be embracing a beautiful part of yourself. When you get depressed, why not go-online and by yourself a really nice dress and matching shoes or whatever else strikes your fancy. Nurture the better part of your being (and yes i do believe shopping is the best cure for depression!)

Take care Sabrina and be good to yourself.

Platinum Member
    Everyone has ups and downs. Certainly, there are times, far less frequent, when circumstances relating to my gender identity get me down. But I no longer blame myself for being different. That part I've come to grips with. Self acceptance doesn't solve all of life's problems, but it does eliminate at least one!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I struggled with it in my earlier years but you find positives and there are benefits.
    Calming, relaxing and once you get rid of the blues it all becomes spring.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

At least we do have this place, Sabrina...

I think we all feel that from time to time... I know I do.

But things could always be worse! Seems to be the season for thinking these things, but life's like that sometimes... We're here to listen - and you know we know a lot of what you're feeling... it helps me to know that too...

Treat yourself - do something nice you want to do... be extravagant! You only live once....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Sabrina you're not alone, the forum and its members will help you through it and hopefully you can balance how you feel.

Platinum Member
    I Sabrina, I totally enjoy my time dressed as a lady , I think that I have the best of both worlds.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Depression, Isolation, thoughts of mental illness and of suicide...been there, done that.

I was dressing for about 15 years before I discovered I was not the only one in the world who felt this way. Then I was still feeling guilty and shameful for decades wondering why ME??
    Finally I came to accept that this is just part of who I am. It's part of what makes me human, makes me caring, makes me empathetic. I no longer deny that part of me, I embrace it.
    I am not alone, I am not crazy, and I am no longer depressed. I am free and I am happy to be me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Girl you are not alone, that is why this site is so important, so we are not Isolated. When I do feel down, I come here to read what other have or are doing, post some, respond to some, my home away from home.

I'm not depressed that I am a CD. I do feel sad that there are times when I wish I could dress more or when I need to change back. I'm not ashamed that I dress and have come out to more people as time goes by on a need to know basis.
    But yes there have been times when I felt that this has been a curse but over time I almost consider it a blessing.

((hug))

Best wishes
    MsVal

It can be frustrating having something that you enjoy so much but can't share with most people for fear of being ostracized. The best I can offer you is to say just accept yourself. It isn't a solve all solution but it is a big step towards it.

Sabrina, I am soo sorry for the way that you feel. Trust me when I say that you are not alone. Guilt Shame Depression Denial Loss of self worth is all a part of being human. Not to mention crossdresser / trans person. If you are looking for support this NOT the place for that. I have tried several time to bring up topics that realty matter about gender identity. Countless times I have seen others attempt the same type of questions. Over and over again you hear remarks of condemnation and sarcasm not to mention the "You Need Professional Help" type of crap! NO! What we are looking for is support and nothing more.
    If you want to ask what color your underwear is or if you shocked a stranger or how scared you are about poking your head out an open door then this is the place to ask.

Actually.... No.... I never... or rarely get depressed about anything in life let alone crossdressing..... Getting depressed never solves anything.... its a black hole... figuring out how to do what you want to do is a better use of your time and frankly... a lot of fun! Don't like your situation... change it.... modify it.... think out of the box..... hell throw the box away and build a new prettier box! lol

Now stop whining and get away from the computer and go do what you want to do.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    no not at all... I may question why once in a while but then I remember you get one go around in this life..why waste it, why overthink & why worry..enjoy the ride, have fun & enjoy it. There is a whole world on this forum and out there in the real world filled with people just like us.

I am not saying this is the only go round, or life we get, but i know it is filled with every evmotion. The isolation, shame, condemnation by mush of the world does make this much more challenging. Many are depressed easier than others, due to genetics, addictions, nature, too. I have suffered from it all my life, but have had many interests. Never having a companion has made it solitary, too. No support groups in my area, or the areas of many others, too.

Hug

I'm sorry your going through this. I suspect many of us are faced with similar emotions. To have nobody to talk with about such a major aspect of your life is hard. One can easily develop feelings of isolation and depression. Is there any possibility of hooking up with a support group in your area or perhaps a skilled therapist?

If you ever need an ear...

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

There have been many times where I felt alone, alone, and isolated. I haven even gotten to the point of social thoughts, not a great place to be in. They are very common feelings that everyone experiences throughout life, but it doesn't help when we feel so different from what society defines as normal. In reality, there is no such thing as normal; it's our own personal perception of the things around, who we are around, and how we compare ourselves to others. It always important to surround yourself with positive and like minded people. It can make a world of a difference in being happy with who you are as a person.

Sabrina, my philosphy is that I am normal and it all the rest that out of step! I'm glad that we are here as your listners.

Hugs Bria

Aspiring Member
    Yes there are times I feel the whole weight of the world is on me, against me because of this. But it is largely perception. Its like kids. They can take you on your highest highs and at times bring you the lowest lows. I found that I'm having to work at changing my thought process to I am the normal one and the rest are not.

You have to do more than say it, you must believe it to see the fruits of it. Easy said than done but the payoff is it's own reward.

I get depressed because I don't have the girlfriend I want. Whether that's because I'm a crossdresser, or because I'm an asshole, it all winds up the same! I do try my very best not to be an asshole, though there are certainly times when my asshole-ality sneaks through and I say or do something terrible. But I'm trying.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have been depressed most of my life because of not being able to connect to people especially females. The fear of not accepting my crossdressing has prevented me from connecting. I have had girl fiends but the fear of telling has pushed me away. There is this song playing in my head by Bluey called “Take a Chance On Me.” That states what I want. Recently I took a chance on a telling a girlfriend only to have her say how disappoint she was in finding out I crossdressed. Finding that one for me, has dogged me most of my life with disappointment. Realizing my crossdressing has set me up for relationship failure has left me numb and hopeless. The hurt it causes leave me alone , so I can commiserate on here with others who feel this pain

Banned Read only
    No I love being a crossdresser, though that wasn't always the case, there were times were I thought it was gross and weird and boys / men shouldn't do those things but when you finally accept it as part of who you are then you can reap it's benefits, I've been spat at, beaten up and called every name under the sun for wearing what I like in public but I still do it because it's part of who I am now.

Oh gosh yes. Especially when I was younger, I hated the thoughts, feelings and desires I had. The handfuls of times I did CD, I was so disgusted with myself. I felt like a failure as a man. I had such a case of the why me.... Of course when I would see whatever depiction of a CDer in a movie or a talk show, and almost always they were either criminal, a Transexual in the process of transition, a flamboyant gay drag queen.... I was none of those, but yet I felt the desire to dress and I did feel feminine. I felt so alone and confused.

Today, yes at times I still do get down about it all. And I still have plenty of moments of why me, why can't I just be normal. They are becoming less frequent as I am now in the process of accepting it all, but yes, it still does exist that I have plenty of difficult moments.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned