Thread: Suicide

Suicide

Me? I'm 57. I've bore this cross all my life?

Is there something I can do contribute to, join to keep our youth from killing themselves over this?

Banned Read only
    Sure. There may well be a transgender support group in your area. Join it and volunteer to help, either financially, or by giving aid, or both. Sometimes these groups are part of a larger LGBT organization.

Banned Read only
    Hi Dana,
    Have you looked into joining the Samaritans as a counsellor , if you are serious but be warned you may like some of their human right policies ! I know someone who applied and one of their training routines placed them in a dreadful moral dilemma.

I'm a retired US Marine. I've seen and been through Hell, less than A LOT! A LOT LESS THAM SOME!

To quote Winston Churchill paraphrased ~

"IF AND WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF GOING THROUGH HELL? KEEP ON GOUNG UNTIL YOU GET YO THE OTHERSIDE!

At 57? I've got more good years behind me than I've got ahead of me!

I want to spend the rest of my life about something I'm passionate about!

On passionate about saving lives!

Be they whatever?

Banned Read only
    Dana was that during one of his " Black dog days ", (he was a manic depressive) ? or one of his blood and guts speeches to the county ?

Hello Dana3,
    yes as you already have an insight of what it is like to be that way inclined, so you can use that to help others cope with it , you just have to find that key which will turn negative thoughts into more positive ones and and first positive maybe you have to be alive to change things .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Being the way you feel, I would suggest start out as a phone counseullor wit one of the organizations that run them in various states.
    If they find you suitable it can be very rewarding.

I have found my rewards on the odd occasion when I have been thanked for helping others see what I perceived were errors in their ways.

No I do not do phone counseulling
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Your show of support for any youth network dealing with issues that can cause someone to give up is valuable.However,due to the possible liability,it is best to offer yourself[volunteering,if needed] and volunteering some financial help[or organizing it as well] for the youth support network of your choice,locally. Most have some really good counselors that the young people can connect with easily. My experiences locally with JASMYN[Jax Area Sexual Minority Youth Network]..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Accepting myself and my feelings has made me altruistic. I've Pretty much accomplished everything in my life I set out to do, now I'm coasting. If I can help others while I'm still here, so much the better. Seems to work for me my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

This is not just something that affects the youth. As well as the options stated earlier its also useful if we can educate the public that we are just getting on with our lives.

One small comment in support of the community can make a difference I know its not always easy but anything to blunt negative comments will help.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Kudos to you..I try to help as many people as I can in this crazy mixed up thing we do...however it IS a different world alot of the younger generation is growing up in I think its important for them ( and everyone) to know they are not alone

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Get with a support group somewhere and volunteer to help.
    GLBT is a good place to start call them and get the ball rolling.
    I've had some great chats with younger TG's and they really do listen.I don't preach to them I let them speak and just give suggestions on how to deal with it.

Most of my new girlfriends are 40 and older. Each of them understands the hell we have gone through and to a girl (myself included) we want to give back what we can. Whether we sit in on a phone bank or give cash - we all want to give back something.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Banned Read only
    It's their life. That's the self property that everyone holds, not just younger ones.