Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why?

Nadine, I'm inclined to agree with you. It's probably hardwired into us like being straight or gay is to someone else. And the dopamine, and serotonin receptors are firing on all cylinders. And it's fun.

Because it's fun, relaxing and helps with freedom of expression.
    These are my humble opinions and if psychiatrists knew they would be out there "curing" us all.

There is not one individual idea put forward as to why.

There are lots of reasons but nothing definite.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I agree whole heartedly with what several others have replied with already. I do it because it is fun, relaxing, and it is part of who I am as a person. I mean come on, look at the fun outfits that women get to wear! Why wouldn't I want to try them on for myself?

Banned Read only
    Kevyn, I read your question as why we dress "up" not why we dress. I think the answer is pretty simple: we dress "up" because we dressing is typically a part time thing. Given we have little time in girl mode, we aim for the ideal of "feminine" which is not jeans. Jeans are reality, not an ideal.

My wife and I often comment about this question - we both normally wear jeans and t-shirts and when we're relaxing at home we like to get "comfortable". For her, "comfortable" means the bra comes off, and she changes into sweats and a pajama top, while for me, "comfortable" means pantyhose, bra, skirt, blouse, and heels. I often wonder why I am so much more comfortable in clothing that most women can't wait to get out of, but I gotten passed the need to justify it - it feels good and I enjoy it! And my wife enjoys my style and puts up with me so we're both happy!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I agree with Jennifer and Adriana. If you have limited girl time, say once per two weeks or month, why in the hell do you want to wear a jeans and t-shirt that you wear every day as a guy. There's fun in going all out if you're going to dress up only occasionally.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

We are all the sum total of our lives. There are so many variables that go into making someone who they are that it defies rational analysis. For me, it has to do with finding the feminine within myself. For me, the "inner girl" for lack of a better term, needs expression, too. Perhaps the balance of my brain chemicals is just a little off? Perhaps I have deep psychological reasons?

It's not because my male life is inadequate or lacking. As a male, I have accomplished a lot in my life. I'm a father, grandfather, moderately successful in my work, have the respect of my peers and family. But there is a side of me, one that I feel I've been more in touch with than, perhaps, the average guy. Not knocking guys, mind you, just I'm on one of the far ends of the bell curve in that regard. Because of that comfort with my feminine side, I have the strong desire to express it. I love feeling pretty. I love the feel of girl's clothes. I love being girly. It's not something I have to do all the time, but every now and then, I feel the desire to do so.

Your mileage may vary.

Megan

I think most of us ,,,really do not know why ,,,but for sure this give us a wonderful sensation and security ...we sense internally that we are women ,,,with all what it means ....SO it is a belonging ...not just wearing women dresses ...
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

There are two main reasons why we dress - some of it is sexual, some of it is gender related, and some of it is a mild rebelliousness...

There are THREE main reasons why we dress - some of it is sexual, some of it is gender related, some of it is a mild rebelliousness, and for the calm and harmony we feel when dressed....

There are FOUR MAIN REASONS why......

I seriously think we should have a virtual sin bin for folk that ask this question... no offence....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Very good question, One that I ask myself sometimes,
    But then I get dressed and remember why, I like it.
    I like the clothes, I feel more relaxed and more myself when dressed.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    Hi Kevyn, For me It's just who I am and it's just what I do, It makes me very happy to get all dressed up.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Because a Persons "Sex" does not determine a persons "Gender". I know people who were born the female sex that not only don't desire to be "feminine" in any way, they despise the fact that they were born expected to behave as a female. Never wore makeup, either never wore a dress or skirt or never did after they moved out of the home they were raised. I know other girls who are very feminine, and get a great joy from makeup, cloths, etc. In our society those born the female sex can do either and no one blinks, a guy dresses overly nice and all of a sudden he's on fire.

Some see it as the ultimate expression of femininity of men, but I think it's actually riddled with male behaviour. There are obsessive and compulsive elements, a very clear sexual element and in many cases competitive elements to it on top of a general lack of understanding what femininity and women really are. It's a psychological condition with rather clear manifestations, but not so clear causes. Maybe it's just guys exploring unknown territory. Why do some men cross-dress while others don't? You tell me.
    Last edited by Zylia; 05-06-2014 at 10:23 AM.

like my other half said to me last night its like asking why people are straight or gay...they just are...ive been searching for the answer for years and ive come to the conclusion there is no answer.

I am incredibly logical and male brained in my thought processes. Femming lets all that go and helps me see things in a new light. It releases me to be something my male self cannot grasp. Being femme for me is very much a state of mind and dressing helps me get there. Its been incredibly carthartic. As a new CD i can say ive been missing out. Womans clothes are so much more expressive. I find myself looking at woman's outfits before the woman in them. Then my male brain kicks back in and goes " oh yeah, she is hot too".
    Its a way to stay connected to the emotional without the typical male need for control and problem solving. In femme, i simply exist instead of parsing everything

I think we want to "dress up", so we can project our image of an idealized woman. If we dress in woman's casual clothes then we just want to feel like our true selves. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!